PDA

View Full Version : almost concours

edfitzie
05-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Nearly there, since i bought the car i've : got new battery, re gassed air con, the fabulous Sudesh refresh-all coolant pipes, calipers ,full head to toe detailing, carpets dyed, ebc pads, goodridge hoses,brake bleed/flush, temp sensor, aerial,battery fastener/cage, wipers, -
dc sports exhaust, new slave cylinder, gearbox oil, engine oil,
alloys re furbed, seats re furbed. Not long before I bought her she had new o2/ABS sensors, clutch, plugs, timing belt.
CT headers currently on route from Dali, clear indicator lenses, air filter on route from V-tec direct. Very close to concours now , not a blemish inside or out. Definitely time and money well spent. Thinking of momo steering wheel and that should be that??
P.S. got the clutch dampener delete and removed it the day after. IMO opinion not suitable if you intend using the car regularly, more suited to track use

simonprelude
05-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Sounds expensive.............

Nice house by the way.

edfitzie
05-09-2009, 11:17 AM
weekend house.. bought from Mr. Hugo Drax.. :-).. expensive but I think the nsx deserves to be presented as such.. doing the same with my e28 m5

edfitzie
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
more pics.. interior shots to follow

Sudesh
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
You forgot to mention my Laundry Service too! lol

Car looks fantastic Ed, and good to see your keepin on top of the wax on wax off lol Get the interior pics up, the only bad side of the car when it left mine was the seats and going by the chat we had, sounds like the interior is like new now.

M5 is amazing! Send me on more info when you get a chance.

Senninha
05-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Time and money well spent as I believe the NSX is a long term prospect for you.

The only othere thing I would consider, and mainly because you've dropped a large set of tail pipes under the bumper, would be to install the 02+ rear valance. It will clean up the rear and works as a stand alone mod without any other 02 mods.

regards, Paul

edfitzie
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM
sounds good paul . where would i get one

Senninha
05-09-2009, 05:02 PM
SOS offer the OEM part or their slightly tweaked version ....

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/Honda/2002/rear%5Fvalence/

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Downforce/Sports_Valence/

...which will be a few $$ less but will be FRP whereas the OEM is flexible

I'm not sure if Vtec Direct can get the OEM from Japan at sensible money?

regards, Paul

NSXGB
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM
SOS offer the OEM part or their slightly tweaked version ....

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/Honda/2002/rear%5Fvalence/

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Downforce/Sports_Valence/

...which will be a few $$ less but will be FRP whereas the OEM is flexible

I'm not sure if Vtec Direct can get the OEM from Japan at sensible money?

regards, Paul

Looking good Ed.

02 rear bumper would be good. IMHO it works better with the lighter colours but what the hell, go for it.

Would be interested to see what VTEC can get them for....over to you Andy....Group buy?!

goldnsx
05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Great scenary, your car's color matches the garden landscape perfectly.

Why not white side turning signals?:)

TheSebringOne
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
The car looks immaculate! Well done Sudesh! May be put the H for Honda on the centre caps of the wheels? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sudesh
05-09-2009, 08:17 PM
The car looks immaculate! Well done Sudesh! May be put the H for Honda on the centre caps of the wheels? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you! Well spotted on the centre caps, Ed has a new set of centre caps to go on, must have forgot to put them on for the pics.

Still waiting to see pics of the interior Ed!

NSXGB
06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Great scenary, your car's color matches the garden landscape perfectly.

Why not white side turning signals?:)

IMO white lenses would be an error, go for grey ones which would blend in much more nicely. ;)

Sudesh
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
IMO white lenses would be an error, go for grey ones which would blend in much more nicely. ;)

I agree and pointed that out to Ed.

I would stay with the orange lenses to be honest as they are dark and not that visible on his car. The other problem with the clear lenses for me is, you end up getting a mix and match, the rears are not clear and neither are the fronts unless, you do what I did and clean out the front lenses, but your still stuck with the orange rears.

edfitzie
10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
these are the seats re furbed

edfitzie
10-09-2009, 03:13 PM
seats when i got the car

Senninha
10-09-2009, 03:15 PM
NIce work .. you will be running out of things to refurb soon Ed! :laugh:

Was this a connolly type process to refresh the seats?

regards, Paul

edfitzie
10-09-2009, 03:20 PM
not sure paul, 2 guys traveled down from county kildare to me, spent 6 hours on her and hey presto, asked them for a slightly used look, ie 1 year old and they got it perfect, even smells perfect, finished it off with leather gyard, www.tjmireland.com

edfitzie
10-09-2009, 03:23 PM
nothing left to re furb, maybe a machine polish, wheels tracked and balanced,
headers arrived, will install next week..she looks pretty much as new now, seals perhaps for t top

markc
10-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I agree and pointed that out to Ed.

I would stay with the orange lenses to be honest as they are dark and not that visible on his car. The other problem with the clear lenses for me is, you end up getting a mix and match, the rears are not clear and neither are the fronts unless, you do what I did and clean out the front lenses, but your still stuck with the orange rears.

I don't "get" clear lenses! Orange for indicators and red for stop/tail looks way better IMHO. To be honest I dislike LED or LED style lights in general. I understand that LED's are faster, more reliable, lower power etc but why oh why do they have to be so "spotty". A big smooth glow like a lozenge is sooo much nicer. I predict the next generation of lights will look like that :D Steps down from soapbox...

The car looks great though, well done on bringing it back to it's former glory :)

Mark

edfitzie
10-09-2009, 07:24 PM
thanks mark

TheSebringOne
12-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Agree with Mark, call me old fashion, but I prefer the orange throat soother indicators!

edfitzie
13-09-2009, 11:45 AM
great spell of weather here so going topless while it lasts.. m3 runabout redundant

simonprelude
13-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't "get" clear lenses! Orange for indicators.

Just changed the clear side repeaters on the S2000 for Orange ones :)