PDA

View Full Version : Things taking shape...

Rob_Fenn
20-09-2009, 08:13 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/nsx1909-5.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/nsx1909.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/nsx1909-2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/nsx1909-3.jpg

NSXGB
20-09-2009, 08:45 AM
02 front end?

AR
20-09-2009, 10:44 AM
02 front end?

It has to be with that bonnet.

BTW Rob did you ever sell the interior, I've never heard back from you.

Rob_Fenn
20-09-2009, 11:01 AM
No parts are sold, the build is consuming so much time that they've had to be put on hold until the car is actually finished. We'll have an eBay shop up at some point after the Silverstone race next month.

Hagasan
20-09-2009, 12:55 PM
No parts are sold, the build is consuming so much time that they've had to be put on hold until the car is actually finished. We'll have an eBay shop up at some point after the Silverstone race next month.

Does that mean that the PM's to you to request parts (when you asked us to contact you) the first time round was a waste of time?

AR
20-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Does that mean that the PM's to you to request parts (when you asked us to contact you) the first time round was a waste of time?

I guess too many people wanted the same parts.

Rob_Fenn
20-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Pretty much... sometimes up to 5 people for the same stuff. We've had a lot of timewasting in the past so i'd rather make it easier for me and everyone else by using eBay!

Senninha
20-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Looks like DF have banked a few extra $$ ....

NSXGB
21-09-2009, 07:02 AM
I guess too many people wanted the same parts.

Yes, makes sense, stick it on ebay and get people to fight it out and hopefully get a better price for the stuff filling Ebay's & Paypal's pockets along the way....I hate Ebay!!

Hagasan
21-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Pretty much... sometimes up to 5 people for the same stuff. We've had a lot of timewasting in the past so i'd rather make it easier for me and everyone else by using eBay!

Hi Rob, this was the PM between you and I.....

Hi Paul(typo should be Gary),

Thanks for this, i've been through the 30 parts requests and you were first to ask for your items. I will get the guys to take some pictures of all the parts to judge condition and think about what theyre worth.

Cheers

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan
Hi Rob to follow on from yesterdays requests and hopefully to be in a fair first dibs pecking order...

NSX parts requested early on 24/7

Fog lights
Washer jet components
Throttle Body?
Floor Mats

plus

Lower interior panel that goes around the ignition switch and steering cowl
Lower plastic panel with footwell light if the light cover is present

Many Thanks,

Gary

You see, when you respond to my PM in a positive way it's a bit dissapointing after a long wait to possibly be assumed along with all other PM'ers as timewasters......You acknowledged I was high up the list and in for a fair shout of the parts required and now you'll throw it open to fleabay. I appreciate you have a lot on the go with the car but I'm sure as this is your second build you could have anticipated the interest for the parts before offering them out in the original manner done. Not to get personal about the whole thing but I am dissapointed and now feel that I'm the one having my time wasted, this was two months ago........Pot, kettle, black......is a thought in my mind at the moment...Sorry

Gary

forumadmin
23-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Why not just sell them through the site in the marketplace section?

a) It will save eBay fees
b) It will give priority to those who are on this site, and not to traders on eBay looking to get cheap parts

The marketplace software can run an auction just like eBay as well.

Rob_Fenn
24-09-2009, 12:29 PM
My ignorance is my only excuse there... i'll take a look!

Rob_Fenn
24-09-2009, 12:44 PM
You see, when you respond to my PM in a positive way it's a bit dissapointing after a long wait to possibly be assumed along with all other PM'ers as timewasters......You acknowledged I was high up the list and in for a fair shout of the parts required and now you'll throw it open to fleabay. I appreciate you have a lot on the go with the car but I'm sure as this is your second build you could have anticipated the interest for the parts before offering them out in the original manner done. Not to get personal about the whole thing but I am dissapointed and now feel that I'm the one having my time wasted, this was two months ago........Pot, kettle, black......is a thought in my mind at the moment...Sorry

Gary

Bit harsh to say i meant anyone who PMd me was a timewaster....

You're right though Gary, i haven't done things as well as i could have with hindsight. I had good intentions letting people know the car was available for parts, but didn't expect more than a few enquiries and certainly not ones for exactly the same parts. Work and the car has consumed my life since purchase so unfortunately i have no choice in delaying dealing with things, and an auction will free up our time to concentrate on what's important.

In the past i've taken phone calls from people interested in parts (even yourself i believe). It involves working out a 'fair' price by phoning up a Honda garage, checking out the condition of the part, taking photos blah blah blah. It's a bit demoralising when people then turn round and say they're not interested.

Price is also a major factor, Honda prices are so ridiculous it's hard to come up with a second hand valuation. Likewise, i wouldn't want to let a part go for silly money.... so i think ultimately an auction is best.

Cheers,

Rob

Rob_Fenn
26-09-2009, 03:47 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/CIMG4791.jpg

Lankstarr
26-09-2009, 05:13 PM
The matt black finish looks superb:)

Can we have a before picture to see what it started out as... I can't remember what you ended up buying! The orange is a lovely contrast with the black... in a way I think the stickers are a shame to all be on there (even the NSXCB one sorry) but then I guess it's sponsorship and a race car not a beauty contest!

L*

Rob_Fenn
26-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Here she is in the same spot a few weeks ago! You can just see the other one next to it...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/Dscf1935.jpg

Yeah, all matt black would be pretty cool...

It looks even better in the flash, as the orange matches better (the vinyl orange parts are fluorescent so reacting to the light).

Cheers

Rob

NSX 2000
26-09-2009, 08:47 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/CIMG4791.jpg

That is looking really good Rob ;)

mutley
26-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I love it, that black paint looks great with the orange bits.

NSXGB
27-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Looks really good. Is it a wrap or paint?

gumball
27-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Wow that looks fantastic. :)

TheSebringOne
27-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Rob, the car looks fab! I think this is the only matt black NSX that I've ever seen and theres is always something special & great about black/orange car combo in motorsport! :thumbsup:

What are your plans for the other NSX?

Senninha
27-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Looks really good. Is it a wrap or paint?

From what I heard its a wrap ... been in the design stage for a few weeks

Matt Balck was my other option but too close to what I had, hence the choice to go White.

Looks good Rob, when does it turn a wheel in anger?

regards, Paul

Rob_Fenn
27-09-2009, 09:58 PM
It is a wrap, yes. It's actually satin, we were warned matt would be easily scuff. As you can imagine in a bustling race environment this is easy. I have a matt black race helmet and it sadly scuffed within minutes!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/P1060373.jpg

We're hoping it is ready for the October Britcar 500 race. Even if it's not quite ready, it will at least be on display and within the brochure etc.

Everyone is still very much invited!

The car will be road-legal too so i'll probably take it to a few meets.

m666 edd
27-09-2009, 10:59 PM
The car (and helmet) look great! :thumbsup:

dan the man
01-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Car looks sick!

markc
01-10-2009, 08:41 AM
We're hoping it is ready for the October Britcar 500 race. Even if it's not quite ready, it will at least be on display and within the brochure etc.

Everyone is still very much invited!

Are you going to make the grid Rob? Looks like the weather is going to be kind for the race.

I'm going to try a come along to watch/support on Sunday.

I don't suppose you're short of a driver for the weekend are you ;) I even have a matt black helmet to match the car :)

Good luck and drive quickly but conservatively, 6 hrs is a looooong time.

Cheers

Mark

Rob_Fenn
04-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Mark,

Did you make it down? Sorry if you did, as the engine wasn't finished in time. The engine builder let us down really, believing he could walk into a honda dealer thinking the parts would be ready for him...

However, it was on display. I've posted more pictures on NSX Prime as it doesn't have a photo limit.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/P1070134.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/robfenn/P1070169.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1229871#post1229871

markc
04-10-2009, 05:56 PM
No Rob, I didn't go in the end.

I checked the schedule and the race was from 4pm on Saturday (finishing at 10pm) rather than Sunday as I originally thought.

Car looks great though, let us know when it makes its debut :)

Cheers

Mark

TheSebringOne
04-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Those pictures on Prime look amazing!

NSX 2000
05-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Car looks great though, let us know when it makes its debut :)

Cheers

Mark

Ditto

IIRC didn't you say you would be at brands next?

gumball
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Looks amazing, ^^ getting a great response over on Prime. :)

Rob_Fenn
05-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Ditto

IIRC didn't you say you would be at brands next?

Yes, it will race at Brands on the 6/7th November weekend. My dad and I will be in the Elise still, the NSX should be driven by ex-BTCC driver James Barclay and 5th Gear presenter Vicky Butler-Henderson.

We will have catering available for any NSXCB members (i.e. free).

:)

markc
05-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Yes, it will race at Brands on the 6/7th November weekend. My dad and I will be in the Elise still, the NSX should be driven by ex-BTCC driver James Barclay and 5th Gear presenter Vicky Butler-Henderson.

I presume you mean 7th/8th Nov? I'll be on my way back from the US :(

Any shake down and set-up sessions booked where we can come and have a gander? At the car not VBH of course ;)

Cheers

Mark

simonprelude
05-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Cheeky mode on............ any free tickets also ??

You can but ask.

Rob_Fenn
05-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Will try and see what we can do about tickets!

Test days are being looked into as i type so i'll keep you posted on that.

simonprelude
05-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Will try and see what we can do about tickets!

Cheers Rob :)

NSX 2000
05-10-2009, 06:04 PM

Got to ask, why are you driving the Elise and the others the NSX?

Or are you not good enough to drive the NSX:D

Rob_Fenn
05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Put simply, we have to do the race to ensure a decent place in the championship. The NSX will be an invitation entry, gaining no points.

The NSX will certainly be a bit more of a challenge though!

Senninha
06-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Any shake down and set-up sessions booked where we can come and have a gander? At the car not VBH of course ;)

Cheers

Mark

Good call Mark, let us know Rob

Boomin33
06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Looks Awesome... but I don't need to tell you that ,eh.

I'll make it to the event to check out how it performs.

The whole weekend wouldn't work, so if you can let me know when it will be on track; which race it's in. etc. would be great.

If you are organising tickets, great. If not, could just buy at the door, right?

Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
saw the ranting/raving about the sale of parts ( to include posting of personal messages on this thread ? )

Honestly - Definitely do an auction style.

I've advertised bits on a 300zx & Rx7 sites before. People always scampering to get "first dibs" and then haggle, haggle, haggle. I usually just give up figuring I'm not desperate for the dosh ( just the space ) .. and ultimately don't feel the bickering buyers are worthy of my possessions... guess that's pride getting in the way again ;)

Shame you can't figure out an auction procedure on this site? or just do it the easier ebay route.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-