PDA

View Full Version : NA1 Brake caliper mounting brackets

markc
05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Front and or rear.

I don't need the caliper just the mounting bracket/s. Just fiddling around with some differant disc sizes and what could be modified to fit.

Thanks

Mark

NSXGB
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Are you looking to buy or borrow?

markc
05-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Borrow would be fine :)

Not sure how long I'd need them though as it won't be a really quick project. Of course you could have your brackets back anytime you wanted or needed them.

I want to measure up for move out adapters and think it'd be better to start with NA1 brackets as they'll need bigger adapters, therefore more to work with, than the NA2 brackets.

Cheers

Mark

NSXGB
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I have a full set of front and rear NA1 brackets that you can borrow then.

Will see if I can get them to your TDI meet.

markc
05-10-2009, 10:25 PM
I have a full set of front and rear NA1 brackets that you can borrow then.

Will see if I can get them to your TDI meet.

Thank you sir. One of each (F & R) will do as the other side is just a mirror of it.

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
06-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Hi Mark,

I know we've both contemplated brake upgrades and increrased disc sizes. As you know I've recently had the calipers and ABS fully overhauled by Kaz. Our cars are of similar age (dont know about mileage). If your calipers have not been overhauled since arriving in UK I would recommend this before investing in O/S discs to appreciate pedal and performance improvements. I recognise this wont address the extra heat disipation of larger discs.

Keep us posted of your plans please and hopefully see you at TDI soon.

regards, Paul

markc
06-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Paul,

I do plan to overhaul, or have Kaz overhaul, my calipers.

At the last pad/fluid change I noted some rust on the inside faces of the pistons similar to the pics of yours so it's probably worth doing.

I have to say though if you're not losing fluid, the seals aren't torn or leaking, the pads aren't binding on the caliper (where they locate) and sliders are working smoothly what can an overhaul help?

The brackets are more of a project just to while away the winter hours really :)

Cheers

Mark

teppy
17-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Front and or rear.

I don't need the caliper just the mounting bracket/s. Just fiddling around with some differant disc sizes and what could be modified to fit.

Thanks

Mark

I have tried purchasing a set of brake caliper (http://www.car-stuff.com/brakecaliper.htm) from carstuff. Take a look at the site, they got different disc sizes.