PDA

View Full Version : Autocar: What should you appreciate?

Ewan
29-10-2009, 06:33 PM
A feature in the used car section of this week's Autocar is a section of used cars which should appreciate over time. Alongside BMW Z8, Ferrari Testarossa, Lancia Delta Integrale and Audi RS2, the main pic and section is an NSX...

Not the most accurate blurb, par for the course with Autocar you could say. Received wisdom is that the Targa may be worth a bit more than a coupe, though I guess the tin top could appreciate more due to its "pure" status...

Anyway, I don't recall seeing a 64k mile, 97/P, targa in Berkshire being up for sale at £22k any time in the recent past, or currently...

Papalazarou
29-10-2009, 08:07 PM
A feature in the used car section of this week's Autocar is a section of used cars which should appreciate over time. Alongside BMW Z8, Ferrari Testarossa, Lancia Delta Integrale and Audi RS2, the main pic and section is an NSX...

Not the most accurate blurb, par for the course with Autocar you could say. Received wisdom is that the Targa may be worth a bit more than a coupe, though I guess the tin top could appreciate more due to its "pure" status...

Anyway, I don't recall seeing a 64k mile, 97/P, targa in Berkshire being up for sale at £22k any time in the recent past, or currently...

The 97 car was an auto I think. With regard to the Targa/coupe thing, just think about how many prospective buyer come on NSXCB lookiing for targa's in the last couple of years.
Also, I'd agree with some of the cars mentioned going up in price, but the integrale? In the last 10 years they've gone up and down like a yoyo.

Cheers,

James.

AR
29-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I just came up with a new slogan:

"targa all the negatives of a convertibles and none of the fun of a coupe"

Just kidding guys. :)

Senninha
29-10-2009, 08:53 PM
....... With regard to the Targa/coupe thing, just think about how many prospective buyer come on NSXCB lookiing for targa's in the last couple of years..........
Cheers,

James.

Well as you know, and as Ewan and myself currently enjoy, the Targa set-up just suits the UK roads and is probably one reason why demand for them has risen over recent years.

This news just makes it an even harder car to replace IMO

regards, Paul

Senninha
29-10-2009, 08:56 PM
I just came up with a new slogan:

"targa all the negatives of a convertibles and none of the fun of a coupe"

Just kidding guys. :)

OK, I'll take the bait ... when you finally bolt on the extra horses to your slow old Silver car, and can drag all the extra weight out to a suitable selection of A & B roads, I'll promise to wait for you ... ;):laugh:

regards, Paul :)

Ewan
29-10-2009, 09:57 PM
With regard to the Targa/coupe thing, just think about how many prospective buyer come on NSXCB lookiing for targa's in the last couple of years.
Troll :)

Think about the ratio of available coupes to targas, especially 3.2s - In the 3 years since I started looking for an 02+ Targa, I haven't seen another up for sale except for the one that I bought. I've seen half a dozen coupes that I'd happily buy, but since I wanted the benefit of a targa (eg cruising top-off along the coast of Lake Como one day, over Stelvio in the snow a couple of days later or 140mph on the Autobahn the next) without being overly concerned about the dynamic differences between the two.

I know I paid £1-2k over the price of comparable coupes, for the Targa. That seems pretty normal and, just as it was when they were new, the NSX-T is more expensive used than the coupe is.

Ewan

havoc
29-10-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a purple P-plate Targa for sale when I was looking at what would become mine, advertised at a similar price.

It was definitely Berkshire-ish, as it was south of me and I was debating whether it was worth going for a look but it was still a fair trek.

As for the article - maybe a little optimistic, but I genuinely can't see values (of good NA1 cars) dropping much anymore - supply is too limited, even if demand is 'variable'.

Papalazarou
29-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Troll :)

Ewan

I don't think I put my point across very well. What I meant to say was that imo there have been more people looking for targas recently than for coupes. Perhaps surprisingly for some, there also seems to be a number of people actively seeking autos.

Cheers,

James.

AR
29-10-2009, 10:51 PM
OK, I'll take the bait ... when you finally bolt on the extra horses to your slow old Silver car, and can drag all the extra weight out to a suitable selection of A & B roads, I'll promise to wait for you ... ;):laugh:

regards, Paul :)

http://www.funnyjunksite.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/funny_cat_pictures_092.jpg

Senninha
29-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Perhaps surprisingly for some, there also seems to be a number of people actively seeking autos.

Cheers,

James.

I'm trying to persuade SWMBO that an auto would be a good daily driver for me. I rarely carry passengers for business, we usually use her car (CRV) when out as a family. Her counter is that I would start 'playing' with it like I have S2 ... as if ;)

regards, Paul

Senninha
29-10-2009, 10:54 PM
http://www.funnyjunksite.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/funny_cat_pictures_092.jpg

You do love your pussy ....

Ewan
30-10-2009, 07:06 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/funny-pictures-cat-likes-your-point.jpg

TheQuietOne
30-10-2009, 11:05 AM
How old are you lot? :eek:

Mark N
30-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Looks like i purchased a future classic then. Purple targa manual :cool:
Whats with all the cats :no:

Papalazarou
30-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Looks like i purchased a future classic then. Purple targa manual :cool:
Whats with all the cats :no:

They're transferring their anxiety about the lack of pussy in their lives;-0

Cheers,

James.

nsxfan
30-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Anyway, I don't recall seeing a 64k mile, 97/P, targa in Berkshire being up for sale at £22k any time in the recent past, or currently... Hi all, first post here after years of lurking...

That would be my car, relisted again on PH. 3.0 manual midnight purple pearl targa.

AR
30-10-2009, 03:07 PM
They're transferring their anxiety about the lack of pussy in their lives;-0

Cheers,

James.

http://img.moronail.net/img/7/2/1372.jpg

TheSebringOne
02-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not getting involved in this pussy debate, but I'm having a purring great laugh at the same time! :laugh:

Ary, that poor pussy! Best not let the RSPCA see this! :D