PDA

View Full Version : What about this NSX?

jaffaz32
11-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Hi,

I think the yellow nsx has sold but there is another one.

One thing is the add states it has had a re-spray and curious why.

Also the car has 98,000 mile on the clock, keeping in mind i want to tune the car.

I think it is over priced for the milage and considering it has had to have a respray so if i can get the price down to a reasonable amount to compensate for those two factors i may be interested.

The other thing the add says is that it has FDSH i'm assuming the D stands for dealer being Honda?

Here is the car.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200945345290281/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/honda/model/nsx/postcode/nr31ab/page/1/radius/1500?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpos tcode%2Fnr31ab%2Fradius%2F1500%2Fmake%2Fhonda%2Fmo del%2Fnsx%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc%2Fpage%2F1&anchor=advert200945345290281&logcode=p

I don't want to rush into it and get a dudd, so if you have any doubts please let me know. Keeping in mind it will be a base car for tuning and at some point when i hit that barrier it will need a engine rebuild for the extra power.

Hagasan
11-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I think the yellow nsx has sold but there is another one.

One thing is the add states it has had a re-spray and curious why.

Also the car has 98,000 mile on the clock, keeping in mind i want to tune the car.

I think it is over priced for the milage and considering it has had to have a respray so if i can get the price down to a reasonable amount to compensate for those two factors i may be interested.

The other thing the add says is that it has FDSH i'm assuming the D stands for dealer being Honda?

Here is the car.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200945345290281/sort/priceasc/usedcars/make/honda/model/nsx/postcode/nr31ab/page/1/radius/1500?previous=%2Fsearch%2Fresults%2Fusedcars%2Fpos tcode%2Fnr31ab%2Fradius%2F1500%2Fmake%2Fhonda%2Fmo del%2Fnsx%2Fsort%2Fpriceasc%2Fpage%2F1&anchor=advert200945345290281&logcode=p

I don't want to rush into it and get a dudd, so if you have any doubts please let me know. Keeping in mind it will be a base car for tuning and at some point when i hit that barrier it will need a engine rebuild for the extra power.

I think this car was discussed a few months ago by some of the "new" owners and forum members.....

I wouldn't say it's overpriced really.....

I think........if it's any good that the Cat'D in Ireland might be a sound buy at the price if you are planning to modify. Reasons being that you are going to change away from originality and thus affect resale value unless you change back to standard. Also, you are stating on here that you will be modifying and as it's a small world in the UK with NSX's this may put a futiue buyer off you your car should you sell when the know it's been "pushed" a little harder. Lastly, if it's a "keeper" does the Cat'D really matter at the right price (if it was repaired properly) as you won't be too concerned with resale value...The bonus is you get all the updated interior, brakes, suspension, wheels, engine, gearbox, side skirts, rear valence etc etc.....

If I was looking again, I'd be taking a trip over to do the deal.....I don't think there is a big market in Ireland for these so you could get a great car for small money......

Just my thoughts as they came out.....:)

AR
11-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Reasons being that you are going to change away from originality and thus affect resale value unless you change back to standard.

I would venture to say that you are wrong on the basis that Kev's car was modified and sold for more than the average car it's age.

It depends on the mods.

Cheers,

AR

Hagasan
11-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I would venture to say that you are wrong on the basis that Kev's car was modified and sold for more than the average car it's age.

It depends on the mods.

Cheers,

AR

OK point taken ARY, perhaps a more accurate comment might be to limit potential buyers are they may be scared off by the idea of superchargers and turbos...I'm not saying carefully chosen and well executed mods are bad but you know how fickle UK buyers can be.....I think Kevin's car did take quite a while to sell in the end though....

AR
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
I think you are right regarding the "average" buyer. Those on the forum, which tends to be the first stop for the current crop of future NSX owners will not be scared so much by mods. The odd ones, who think that an unmodified example will fetch thousands and thousands more I need only refer to reality. The NSX is Honda's supercar, but unless you have an original low mileage, few owners example and a motivated buyer, it won't fetch that much more. :)

markc
11-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I think it is over priced...

We, the NSXCB members, refuse to enter into a discussion over prices to advantage of prospective buyers and the detriment of existing owners ;)

Actually I'm only half joking. There's a very limited and ever dwindling supply of these fabulous cars in the UK and prices should be, and indeed seem to be, heading upward as the market recognises their significance, usability and collectabillity.

The older cars are modern classic ages now, so IMHO should not be thought of as daily drivers. I understand that you intend to modify yours but that makes it even less of a everyday transport proposition?

An NSX in your garage ready for use on special ocassions, travelling to interesting events, partnering you on epic journeys, a track day once in a while or just for the odd sunny day without requiring a megabucks service before each start-up makes them an excellent proposition for the discerning petrolhead.

Get one while you still can :)

Cheers

Mark

madras
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Looks decent, if you want a targa. Respray probably just because quite a few panel needed spraying anyway from chips etc, and then you may as well just do the whole lot to get the colour match. Check it out though. Looks like money has been spent, wouldn't worry about the mileage (others might be clocked anyway) *buy on condition* as always. I reckon because of the mileage you get a bargain and knock him down. £16500 - done. And the mileage is probably legit as well.

forumadmin
11-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Actually it sold quickly when I got serious and put a sensible price on it. Also selling it without a spare engine made it easier for the buyer. I also only advertised it here.

My car was also a low mileage example, with all the preventative servicing measures done, and of course has the provenence of being owned by me. :)

I miss my car. :(

OK point taken ARY, perhaps a more accurate comment might be to limit potential buyers are they may be scared off by the idea of superchargers and turbos...I'm not saying carefully chosen and well executed mods are bad but you know how fickle UK buyers can be.....I think Kevin's car did take quite a while to sell in the end though....

DamianW
11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I miss my car. :(

Welcome to my world.

havoc
11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I disagree entirely.

"Had to have a respray" may have been for cosmetic reasons (lot of stone-chips / fading paint) not because of any accident (the fact that it's a full re-spray suggests it's more likely to be cosmetic, but I'd still have a very careful look for any body-repairs). On which basis the owner would probably (rightly) consider that it's worth more than a car with 13/14 year-old paintwork...

Re: this particular car:-
- It was originally up for £25k about 3 months ago, when I was looking for a car. As such I dismissed it...didn't realise the chap would drop so much though... Not sure why it's disappeared and now resurfaced - worth checking.
- I was more concerned why it had new head-gaskets - ask that question.
- All the other work seems reasonable for the age/mileage, and I'd view as a potential boon, even if you want the car to tune-up.

So...assuming it's a straight car and not hiding anything...IMHO that's a bargain, regardless of mileage (he's already done a lot of the big, expensive jobs!). Remember these cars WILL soak-up big miles, and 100k isn't a big deal like it would be with e.g. a little Citroen.

Hagasan
18-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Jaffaz32 seems to have gone quiet but
http://pistonheads.com/sales/1352364.htm seems to fit the bill to his requirements as for the car....Maybe not the price? Anyone know this car?

NSX 2000
18-11-2009, 09:55 AM
http://pistonheads.com/sales/1352364.htm seems to fit the bill to his requirements as for the car....Maybe not the price? Anyone know this car?

IIRC the owner is a forum member.

Boomin33
20-11-2009, 10:25 AM
I've known Jaffaz32 from the 300zx forum and highly recommended the NSX after all the frustrations he's experienced ( as I did ) in that marque. What a money pit of a car with plenty of shady characters/tuning shops!!

Don't get the impression he's ready to pull the trigger, though.. Not sure he's got the boy racer, high power/high headache rice burners out of the blood yet, ;)

supposed to organize him to come down and take a spin in mine.... so if anyone is closer to him.. drop him a line.. seems a genuine, honest guy.

**If you are reading this Chris, Do the right thing, get an NSX and you'll never look back. I've got a 500BHP 300zx in the garage and although a pleasure and joy; that ownership just doesn't compare to my NSX. It's in a different league.

Auto Spirit
20-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Anyone know this one that's appeared for sale recently...?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-NSX-3-0-AUTOTIPTRONIC-IN-FORMULAR-RED-UK-MODEL_W0QQitemZ330376665378QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item4cebfbd922

Also on autotrader and pistonheads

AR
20-11-2009, 12:44 PM
It was local to me, so it must have sold in the last few months. It seemed to be used daily and saw it at Ryland Honda before so it migh thave FHSH.

Cheers,

AR

Auto Spirit
20-11-2009, 02:49 PM
It was local to me, so it must have sold in the last few months.

Cheers,

AR

But its come up for sale again - is that odd?
On the face of it, it seems like a great car that I could be tempted to p/x my 350z roadster with.

NSX 2000
20-11-2009, 03:59 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-NSX-3-0-AUTOTIPTRONIC-IN-FORMULAR-RED-UK-MODEL_W0QQitemZ330376665378QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item4cebfbd922

This is a targa but no A brace above the engine? Or have I missed something?

Senninha
20-11-2009, 04:43 PM
This is a targa but no A brace above the engine? Or have I missed something?

Good spot although I think the triangle brace was only added to the 3.2's as part of the overall stiffening process. The 3.0's had the straight brace in the picture that was optional on early coupes

regards, Paul

Auto Spirit
20-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Cheers guys - is it fairly priced?

havoc
20-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Cheers guys - is it fairly priced?

Not sure about autos - always thought they went for less than manuals. If it was a manual I'd say it was pretty fair if it's full-history and straight bodywork.

Auto Spirit
20-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Not sure about autos - always thought they went for less than manuals. If it was a manual I'd say it was pretty fair if it's full-history and straight bodywork.

Haha thats the thing - I only drive autos, so was wondering if it should be a bit less than he's asking.

Lankstarr
20-11-2009, 09:33 PM

price will double in 5 years... One of 16 in the world... Why do people pollute honest looking ads with bull like this that makes them look like cowgirls?

Auto Spirit
24-11-2009, 10:58 AM

I've enquired and they've offered a deal at £21k (£10k cash plus my 350z roadster p/x) - does that sound like a good deal or should I resist?

AR
24-11-2009, 11:30 AM
I've enquired and they've offered a deal at £21k (£10k cash plus my 350z roadster p/x) - does that sound like a good deal or should I resist?

How much is the Z worth?

Auto Spirit
24-11-2009, 11:36 AM
its a 2003 JDM roadster (albeit fully loaded) so a private sale would probably get closer to £12k. I've just posted an ad on pistonheads for it....

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1365581.htm

Cheers

AR
24-11-2009, 01:01 PM
When I last looked at that NSX it look "solid" as in not messed with. It still looks that way in the pictures. Perhaps give Ryland Honda a call and they can fill you in on the history.

Offer 8K plus your car if the history check out and work it from there.

duncan
24-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi, for the 1997 red auto;
I don't know the intimate differences between autos and manuals, aside from the fact that the manuals only have 2 seats
....BUT....
from the photo's the car is not drive by wire [which came in in 1995], still appears to have an engine bay fan [which I thought was deleted 1992/3 ish] and the upper door trim is black and not tan to match the seats.
Perhaps someone with an auto could chip in.
Duncan

Sudesh
24-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Have to say that looks like a real nice NSX all be it Auto/Fmatic. Really like the red/tan combo.

I imported and sold a few JDM 350'z convertibles and yours does look reasonably priced going by spec and todays import value. If its a clean as its looks; I could not import one today with the same spec and miles as yours etc for less money. So In think your not far off the mark on your PH value.

henry_mac
24-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Hi All, i just joined the club, I bought the yellow NSX that you referred to at the start of the thread.
It had full honda service history and 89,000 on the clock.
96 Yellow Targa.

Where would you recommend i get it serviced, living in Chelmsford Essex.

My daily drive as an 03 S2K with Mugen exhaust and air kit and a few body parts.

Henry

Sudesh
24-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Hi, for the 1997 red auto;
I don't know the intimate differences between autos and manuals, aside from the fact that the manuals only have 2 seats
....BUT....
from the photo's the car is not drive by wire [which came in in 1995], still appears to have an engine bay fan [which I thought was deleted 1992/3 ish] and the upper door trim is black and not tan to match the seats.
Perhaps someone with an auto could chip in.
Duncan

Autos have less BHP, also All autos till end of production had engine bay fan; not all cars came with matching upper trim to match the seats and floor, what do you mean by "drive by wire"? Are you referring to the F-Matic gear change on the steering colum?

If so and the car is genuine 1997 car, which it does stack up to be, then it will have F-Matic, from the pics I'm 99% sure I can see the F-Matic stalk.

amo
24-11-2009, 11:00 PM
welcome mate and congrats
your local japanese car place can do most things but go to a place you know
or you can give your money to honda lol

thx amo

duncan
25-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Sudesh
...what do you mean by "drive by wire"...., the inlet block in the photo [red 1997] shows a throttle cable going into it, the [manuals] from 95 onward had a stepper motor to open the throttle, hence no throttle cable and drive by wire. It may be, like the engine bay fan, that the auto's didn't change.

TheSebringOne
26-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the club Henry.

How far is Kaz?

Silver Surfer
26-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi All, i just joined the club, I bought the yellow NSX that you referred to at the start of the thread.
It had full honda service history and 89,000 on the clock.
96 Yellow Targa.

Where would you recommend i get it serviced, living in Chelmsford Essex.

My daily drive as an 03 S2K with Mugen exhaust and air kit and a few body parts.

Henry

Hi Henry,
Welcome to the forum and to NSX ownership.
I usually go to see Kaz or Norton Way Dealer to get it serviced.
Where about in Chelmsford are you ?
Senninha, Duncan, Greybloke and myself are all in Essex so not too far from you.

SS

henry_mac
29-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks SS,

I have been reading about Kaz in the forum and seems like he's the guy to help. I've been v impressed by his knowledge and the comments from every one who has used his services - thanks for the info.
I'm in Howe Green.

henry_mac

Senninha
30-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi and Welcome,

So that'll be 2 yellow beauties in the Chelmsford area as Duncan is close by I believe .... Time for an Essex meet!!!!!!

As for maintaining your NSX, if you want main dealer then its got to be Norton Way at Letchworth. Talk to Brian on 01462 678 191.

Mine is a 98 and to date has full Honda history, mainly from Norton Way Honda. However, as of next year I'm seriously of the opinion that the Kaz stamp is worth more to me and any future owner.

Hope to see you out and about soon and be carefull on the A13 as the BIB are pulling anyone over 80mph and you'll be very easy to spot!!

Enjoy yourself

regards, Paul

henry_mac
30-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info, I think a health check with Kaz will be my first port of call. Brakes and front alignment are the first items for attention on my list, i read your recommendation with interest.

I've been caught on the A13 by the BIB in the distant past, hard to resist in the NSX...

Regards, Henry