PDA

View Full Version : Tee-hee forum driving lesson...The yanks make me laugh sometimes!!

Hagasan
23-11-2009, 10:16 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130218

Senninha
23-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Good find Gary,

Can you imagine if we introduced roundabouts to them as well :laugh:

I luv a light hearted read in the evening .... if only this was a wind up thread

regards, Paul

AR
23-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Now if we could only have the nice street lights, smooth tarmac and cheap tolls!

Hagasan
24-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Good find Gary,

Can you imagine if we introduced roundabouts to them as well :laugh:

I luv a light hearted read in the evening .... if only this was a wind up thread

regards, Paul

Hi Paul, yes I did find it amusing. Almost as if they've discovered life outside of their country (or should I say state)? They can be so insular....

There are actually roundabouts across there but as they like to re-invent history and the english language (ahem, where did it come from??) they call them "traffic circles":no:

...."Now remember fowkes, ye-aw'l gotta drive arownd them there round circles.....No a'humping straiyd over thum just caus ya got yurself there a good old American truck ya hear......"

AR
24-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Don't generalize guys. In general Americans are good drivers and great people. It so happens that a lot of to$$ers get into the NSX parts selling business, but hey that also happens here.

Hagasan
24-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Don't generalize guys. In general Americans are good drivers and great people. It so happens that a lot of to$$ers get into the NSX parts selling business, but hey that also happens here.

Just a wee bit of funtaking....I've got some very good American friends whom I visit over there and they visit me over here. There are good & bad in all walks of life...The Yanks aren't afraid to voice their opinions, loudly.....Just thought it was amusing them discussing what we do everyday without thinking about it...On a whole I usually find their "can do" approach and willingness to help out rather refeshing when I'm over there...

markc
25-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Now if we could only have the nice street lights, smooth tarmac and cheap tolls!

Smooth tarmac... are you kidding me, the state of most of the roads I've driven on over there, including the freeways, is appalling :(

Combined with many of the "ramp angles" from road to fuel (gas) stations and shopping areas etc, NSX drivers must have to plan their journeys well in advance.

Cheers

Mark

AR
25-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Mark,

Speaking from experience here, the streets I drove in FL where smooth as glass. Also not bad in Virginia , Cali, New Orlearns.

Granted I live in Wales AKA Speedbump Centre.

TheSebringOne
27-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Get an auto with the flappy gear shifts!