PDA

View Full Version : Back In An NSX Once Again :o)

Dave J
28-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Well i couldn't stay away and much as i hate to admit it i've really missed owning an NSX even though i only had my last one for a few months.
I still find them a bit too slow for a so called 'supercar' but comfort and an enjoyable drive seem to come a little naturally to me of late............i must be getting old :).
Well, which one have i bought?? I considered the Cat D car in Ireland, G Suds old car the silver manual along with one or two others but in the end i went for possibly one of the most disliked cars on this forum............yes, the '99 car with the bodykit :rolleyes:
"Why" i hear you cry........it's a re-paint / it has a body kit / it's been totally buggered up from the original pure design!!!!! "Well" i reply, "i don't mind because i like it / it grabs attention for my *** import biz / it certainly is different / i managed to part ex my Honda SMX music bus that i've had for sale for most of the year and lastly it was the cheapest '99 car on offer in the world today..........as a car dealer that swung it for me!!
It does not some tlc and tidying i agree but i've transformed a few cars lately so i don't see it as to much of a challenge. The music has been 'upgraded' from the original (really poor compared to the Bose) and a few of the painted over seals will need replacing, usual foggy rear lights and damp boot but no worse than my old K20 NSX!
Many thanks once again to Amo & Ary for their advice on the purchase, with the combination of their advice / price and getting rid of that sodding music bus i'm a happy man. This also means that if we ever met on a private road i'd certainly be the last one arriving.........mmmmm........now where can i get a nice big turbo from :).
Dave.

Silver Surfer
28-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Welldone...i like it.

For power upgrade...
http://www.ct-engineering.com/store/superchargernsx.html

SS

Dave J
28-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Many thanks SS, i shall have a good look at that supercharger link later on today :). I know Ary has just gone down the supercharged route so i'll hopefully be meeting up with him again soon for a chat. Amo's set up must be one of the very best available but i can't ever see me being as dedicated and passionate to my car as him or ever spenging as much on one! I'll happily plod on for a while yet :)
Dave.

AR
28-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Dave,

Right glad that you are back into an NSX, I know people talk about power etc, but you are used to your X50 Porsche TT and Mega BHP Skylines so this is a "GT" car for you.

I told you they were bloody addictive! :)

Cheers,

AR

BTW You have PM.

Senninha
29-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Welcome back,

As you say, not everyones first choice, but for your requirements its probably the right one ... the only other might have been the white one in Ireland.

I'm sure a bit of Dave style TLC, a wrap or some graphics and you're well on your way.

Enjoy it!

regards, Paul

Dave J
29-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Many thanks Paul, it does suit me as it's an eyecatcher so benefits my *** import business. Funnily enough i like the white NSX in Ireland as well, once again it's not to most people's taste on here but that never bothers me :). It would be a sad day for me if i had to follow the masses just to conform to a general consensus of what's right and what's wrong!
I was about to buy back a 450bhp RX7 that i sold last year. It's extremely quick car and nicely modified with a £5k rebuild / street port and a nice new HKS single turbo conversion but i find the NSX such a comfortable ride i've decided to keep that for a while. Whilst the RX7 is great fun for an hour or so it's a harsh ride and only does around 4mpg on a spirited drive so it's not practical at all!
I've decided to call it the 'Essex Girl'...........she's orange, loud, wide assed and i like her ;)
Dave.

amo
15-12-2009, 11:31 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just had a read right got a copy of your keys now so ill pop over 1 night and nick those caps for my orange girl lol

thx amo

AR
16-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Been out in the fb today. Had a blast! Smoked a transit!

Dave J
16-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Mr Amo, stay away you rascal :D.
Mr Ary, you need the blue / green +400bhp RX7 i have in stock!! Out of interest there is a triple rotar Cosmo up on ebay at only £3500, that would be a steal at that money as you can just drop the lot in :cool:
Definately worth a thought..........

simonprelude
16-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Out of interest there is a triple rotar Cosmo up on ebay at only £3500, that would be a steal at that money as you can just drop the lot in :cool:

Have seen that car around here actually, always wondered what it was.
If you're interested I can always go and take a look.

You can leave it at mine and I'll look after it until you're ready to do the swap.

Dave J
16-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Have seen that car around here actually, always wondered what it was.
If you're interested I can always go and take a look.

You can leave it at mine and I'll look after it until you're ready to do the swap.

Cheers Simon :D I've always fancied a tripple rotar as they can make some serious power! I think the one you thinking of is a white one? The car i was thinking of is in the Sussex area but if you are near to that as well i'd appreciate your opinion.
Dave.

simonprelude
16-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Cheers Simon :D I've always fancied a tripple rotar as they can make some serious power! I think the one you thinking of is a white one? The car i was thinking of is in the Sussex area but if you are near to that as well i'd appreciate your opinion.
Dave.

Indeed, that one didn't show up on the search.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320462625597

That one looks only good for the engine, the white one I'd drive :) (only twin though :( )

Dave J
16-12-2009, 12:27 PM
That's the one :)