PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Adaptor Help

Dragonlady
01-01-2010, 02:10 PM
After receiving all the parts needed last year I thought today would be a good day to fit the Ipod.

After removing the top panel and two side panels I attempted to remove the center arm rest by lifting it straight up, then cursing, then trying some screwdrivers to pry it followed by more cursing:angry:.

Not wanting to damage the car has anybody else had a problem removing the offending item and if so is there another way around this?

Regards Ian

WhyOne?
01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Have you removed the false floor of the large (lower) center compartment?

If not, that is your problem!

The grey 'fuzzy' finish base of the large compartment is a sheet of metal which can be removed by carefully inserting a fine bladed screwdriver under one of the edges & lifting (it is simply held in place by gravity and a sung fit!) Once out, you will see 4 (I think) screws holding the centre console in place.

Hope this helps!

Dragonlady
01-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Have you removed the false floor of the large (lower) center compartment?

If not, that is your problem!

The grey 'fuzzy' finish base of the large compartment is a sheet of metal which can be removed by carefully inserting a fine bladed screwdriver under one of the edges & lifting (it is simply held in place by gravity and a sung fit!) Once out, you will see 4 (I think) screws holding the centre console in place.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply, found it shortly after posting - doh!

Have a new problem now, the PA11-HON doesn't appear to be compatible with my Ipod nano, although I can play music etc, it doesn't appear to be charging it. The ipod is showing a message not charging as not compatible with external device - :eek:

WhyOne?
01-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Ah!

Interesting....I am about to plumb in a Nano using a PA11-HON!

Are you sure the dip switches are set correctly on the adaptor?

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Or, you may have previous version of PA11-HON with old version of looms.

From which company did you purchase the PA11-HON?
You may want to contact your seller (or even USA Spec) to confirm that you have the latest PA11-HON hardware/software with the latest version of the looms.

Just a matter of interest, does your adaptor loom look like the photo of the post #16 of this thread?
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=7151&page=2

It is not the adaptor loom for the iPod but will help us in understanding the version of your PA11-HON.

Regards,
Kaz

Dragonlady
01-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Ah!

Interesting....I am about to plumb in a Nano using a PA11-HON!

Are you sure the dip switches are set correctly on the adaptor?

I have managed to get it to work by setting dip switch 2 to the off position - phew!

Midnight Blue
21-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I have just fitted the GROM iPod adapter. I got it from The Carputer shop for about 50 pounds including postage and it plugged straight in and sounds great. I found them on eBay UK but they don't have the NSX listed in the advert. They did have the correct cable in stock though when I asked. Contact person is Richard Heap to ensure you get the correct cable.

I used the connector behind the passenger panel and ran the cable back to the centre console.

Cheers,

Andy