PDA

View Full Version : Silver vs. Long Beach Blue battles?

Hairy_Potr
03-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey guys,
Just wondering if the UK contingent of NSX owners had this same epic battle going as do the guys in the States. Of course it's all in good fun, but the extent to which each side fiercely defends its position ("Best Color!") is eye opening.

Silver Surfer
03-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Neither....Red/Black wins each time!:cool:;)

SS

Nick Graves
03-01-2010, 08:16 PM
LBPB is a beautiful colour - like supersonic, supermarine and a load of other Honda blues.

That a few years ago, every bloody car on the road was silver, in the way that every german car is some sort of grey, has made me despise the colour for its ubiquity and of its battery-thinker owners.

Having ranted that, I do like silver NSXs and feel the colour suits the car for both its style and its construction material. So much so I actually bought one once!

TheSebringOne
03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Best colour for the NSX? = opening a can of worms! :D :no:

Hairy_Potr
04-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Best colour for the NSX? = opening a can of worms! :D :no:

Haha ok. I'm no fan of worms, so I'll just take my silver and go home. :D

(An NSX in any colour is a wonderful machine that can get the job done, so it really just comes down to the nature of the driver inside that matters. We can agree on that for sure! :))

Papalazarou
04-01-2010, 11:01 AM
LBB, red, Black. Not necessarily in that order. However, there's something fufilling about cleaning up a red/black NSX.

Cheers,

James.

m666 edd
05-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Thought I'd use this opportunity to air my personal opinion which is how much I dislike silver cars! They are only any good if you want your car to be unnoticed.

To me it's the "couldn't commit" colour.

Looking out the window of my workplace there are 10 cars. 7 are silver.
But like I said, my personal opinion :D

markc
05-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Thought I'd use this opportunity to air my personal opinion which is how much I dislike silver cars! They are only any good if you want your car to be unnoticed.

... or if you don't want to have to clean it very often :) Silver is great for hiding the dirt.

For me, any colour with the black roof (except a black body of course) ages the car. Somehow the single colour looks fresher and newer. White, as per the classic NSX-R colour combo, is a possible exception but even then I'm not convinced. Just my personal opinion of course bearing in mind I must be colourblind to lurrrve IOP :)

Cheers

Mark

Boomin33
05-01-2010, 05:04 PM
jeez... talk about being blinded by not being able to see past your own drive way...

Black/Black would have to be first in my mind. Followed by White and IOP. If I were to look past that... Senniha's looks good. ;)

Kind of like what one of my city friends once said to me.
There are 2 kinds of watches... Rolex's and then all the rest.

* I may not agree with that watch statement, but will apply the cliche to my colour choices.

markc
05-01-2010, 05:20 PM
There are 2 kinds of watches... Rolex's and then all the rest.

* I may not agree with that watch statement, but will apply the cliche to my colour choices.

I hope so Rob... Rolex is the lottery winners choice of watch. Not that they're bad but if you take the time (pun intended) to look there's sooo much better available. I'll take a Lange & Sohne Datagraph or Blancpain Le Brassus Perpetual... in Imola Orange Pearl of course :)

Cheers

Mark

Papalazarou
05-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I hope so Rob... Rolex is the lottery winners choice of watch. Not that they're bad but if you take the time (pun intended) to look there's sooo much better available. I'll take a Lange & Sohne Datagraph or Blancpain Le Brassus Perpetual... in Imola Orange Pearl of course :)

Cheers

Mark

Just like Omega is what used car salesmen wear. Meeeeooooowww!!!

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
05-01-2010, 08:14 PM
When looking for my NSX I simply preferred the car in darker colors. I then lucked in on finding the Magnum. Blending in was not a conscious decision. However, on that point, in 3 1/2 yrs of driving I was never spotted. In 8 months of white/black I've been spotted 6 times and pulled once!!! :rolleyes:

If I had the choice you have in the US I'd be looking for a late Silverstone.

On the watch front I'll stick with my Senna Tag as I cant prenounce the others :) ..... although I would like to one day talk about what makes a really good dress watch guys.

regards, Paul

markc
05-01-2010, 08:43 PM
..... although I would like to one day talk about what makes a really good dress watch guys.

regards, Paul

Hard to argue against a Cartier Tank or Santos but I have a Movado Museum for the rare occassions I'm forced to don the black tie get up.

This thread is now a good candidate for a "promote" feature ;)

Cheers

Mark

SILVER BULLET
05-01-2010, 09:06 PM
I always like watching LBB cars in the rear view mirror of my silver car along with my Omega on my left wrist and Rolex on my right wrist:cool:.

And if that doesn't get me noticed my gold necklace,bracelet and rings certainly will:laugh:.

Cheers,

Ian

Papalazarou
05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I always like watching LBB cars in the rear view mirror of my silver car along with my Omega on my left wrist and Rolex on my right wrist:cool:.

And if that doesn't get me noticed my gold necklace,bracelet and rings certainly will:laugh:.

Cheers,

Ian

yes, I remember the rocks!!! I've got a breitling. Bought it because I always wanted one nice watch that would outlive me. Women get jewellery we get a watch, oh and a car and a bike and..........;-)

going back to the colour thing. If I absolutely had to choose one colour I'd probably have a LBB again. If it was a garage queen perhaps black..no red?
That's the thing with NSX's, they look good in a whole range of colours.

Cheers,

James.

AR
05-01-2010, 10:40 PM

Cheers

Mark

You look more like the Hublot type Mark. :) Ayrton Senna Special Edition. Now that would be my choice if I win the lottery!

My vintage hand me from my uncle down 1960s Seamaster for dressing up, it is the full 14K version and I had to send it to Omega to get refurbished. It looks like new and even if it does not cost the earth is the feeling that I am wearing something that a family member wanted me to have and it has been with us a long time.

For everyday my Milgauss GV does not scream Rolex and has a lot of tradition behind it. I am a fan of Panerai but it seems that they are more of a collector and hollywood man watch. The Milgauss like the NSX is a great machine for connoisseurs. I'll leave the others out.

markc
05-01-2010, 11:13 PM
You look more like the Hublot type Mark. :) Ayrton Senna Special Edition. Now that would be my choice if I win the lottery!

Ha ha, all right for you large chaps but it'd be bigger than me :)

I am a fan of Panerai but it seems that they are more of a collector and hollywood man watch. The Milgauss like the NSX is a great machine for connoisseurs. I'll leave the others out.

Hmmm Panerai, too associated with premiership footballers for me. Nothing special inside, unless the model uses the Zenith El Primero movement, either.

My lottery win would buy me a Patek Nautilus, Jaeger Reverso Grand Sport and a Breguet Classique.. ohh and a Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer.

Cheers

mark

TheSebringOne
05-01-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm no footy player or movie star, but I rather like most of the Panerai range! Shame they are rather dear! :(

AR
06-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I would love a kampfschwimmer panerai, but first one needs to have a lot of money and find a reputable collector who'll want to sell it.

nigel
06-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Steady lads, GPW with white wheels has always been the best colour choice. If I can ever figure how to get pics of mine and post them i'll prove it.

Cheers
nigel

jaytip
06-01-2010, 01:14 AM
the Zenith El Primero movement, either.

Didn't rolex used to use this movement in their Cosmographs?
Given the money,and bigger wrists,lol,i would have a BRM R50-TN-AJ. I think it's a fabulous looking watch.

markc
06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Didn't rolex used to use this movement in their Cosmographs?

Indeed they did for a while in th 80's-90's and these are some the most collectable and expensive versions of the Cosmograph/Daytona on the secondhand market.

I have the real thing a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster (Moon Phase).

Being a short arse I can't really pull off the big watches and my taste, as you'll have gathered from my previous list of wants, is toward more classic designs.

Back on NSX colour, I am lucky enough to have the colour I always wanted :)

Cheers

Mark

Boomin33
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
didn't mean to start a watch discussion..

but now we are on it, My wife got me the Seiko - Sportura F1 Honda racing watch christmas... put the others away for now and having wearing it since.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/boomin33/news_hondaf1alarm2006_1-1.jpg

It's a bit flimsy and a def cheaper feel than the IWC's, Panerais, etc. etc. of the world.
but hey, it was gift and it looks pretty cool. and it's a honda ;)

markc
06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
didn't mean to start a watch discussion..

but now we are on it, My wife got me the Seiko - Sportura F1 Honda racing watch christmas... put the others away for now and having wearing it since.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/boomin33/news_hondaf1alarm2006_1-1.jpg

It's a bit flimsy and a def cheaper feel than the IWC's, Panerais, etc. etc. of the world.
but hey, it was gift and it looks pretty cool. and it's a honda ;)

Yeah, it's all your fault :)

On the subject of Seiko I'm on the lookout for a 70's Seiko Speedtimer/Speed 5 Automatic (6138) preferably the "Bullhead" model with start stop buttons on the top, like horns hence the name Bullhead.

Cheers

Mark

dan the man
06-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I love that Honda watch. I dont do expensive (read cant) so that Honda one be all i would want. Aswell as my tissot which has not missed a beat for 6 years so vfm

Nick Graves
06-01-2010, 07:37 PM
NIOP please.

And I wear a Sinn; you know it makes sense. I'll stop the german puns now...

Silver Surfer
06-01-2010, 08:04 PM
How about this Seiko-Honda watch ....cost £3k+ and you get a piece of gearbox with it...

http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/seiko-honda-racing-team-sportura-slq021j1-p-1780.html?utm_campaign=Nextag&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=nextag

SS

jaytip
07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Indeed they did for a while in th 80's-90's and these are some the most collectable and expensive versions of the Cosmograph/Daytona on the secondhand market.

I have the real thing a Zenith El Primero Chronomaster (Moon Phase).

Mark
I also heard that the movement in the cosmographs is not as good as in Zeniths own watches.They downgrade it-if that is the correct term.

simonprelude
07-01-2010, 06:24 PM
How about this Seiko-Honda watch ....cost £3k+ and you get a piece of gearbox with it...

http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/seiko-honda-racing-team-sportura-slq021j1-p-1780.html?utm_campaign=Nextag&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=nextag

SS

It's a £300 watch with a piece of Honda scrap......... sure I have loads of gearbox bits somewhere from a certain tractor manufacturer who also makes other gearboxes ;)

markc
07-01-2010, 06:54 PM

SS

That IMHO is an awful lot of money for what is essentially a quartz watch. You're mainly paying for the gearbox part. The current Seiko Spring Drive watches are truly innovative and probably worth the £2500+ Seiko asks for them.

I also heard that the movement in the cosmographs is not as good as in Zeniths own watches.They downgrade it-if that is the correct term.

Well Rolex actually modified the Zenith caliber 400 movement a fair bit but whether it's an enhancement is debatable. Either way the El Primero movement (the Chronomaster uses the caliber 410) is a cracker.

Cheers

Mark