PDA

View Full Version : UK NSX with NOS

Rash
27-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi all,
been a while since i last visited (sounds like i'm in 'confession' :) ). Anyway hope all is good. Just a quick enquiry really as a friend and I have bought a UK NSX AUTo that was used by its owner for drag racing. We were in 2 minds as to whether try and put it back to stock or leave it as it is (Currently stripped / 1 bucket seat / 2 bottles of Nitrous in Passenger footwell) No door cards etc..etc..

We have 80% of the items to put it back to stock form or leave as it is however is currently Mapped to Race Fuel and at around £20 a gallon not chep to run :)

So any info on the car or ideas would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers
p.s has come nice Volks Alloys / TEIN Coilovers / Custom Exhaust etc..etc.. And a load of graphics that WILL be coming off :) and a personalised 'NSX' Plate included.

simonprelude
27-01-2010, 02:12 PM
NSX15T by any chance ??

Dragonlady
27-01-2010, 04:18 PM
We want lots of pictures.......

Please.

Rash
27-01-2010, 04:24 PM
NSX15T by any chance ??

Yes thats the one.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8917/nsx2o.jpg

markc
27-01-2010, 04:42 PM
It depends what you want to do with it?

An auto NSX was never the ideal basis for a drag car but I believe this car has been fettled over a number of years into something pretty effective on the strip.

What ECU does it use? who mapped it? I would think it'd be fairly simple for the people who installed it (RSE Motorsport by any chance ;)) to re-map it back to pump petrol. If not, re-install the standard Honda item and you're good to go AND you can sell the aftermarket ECU.

The good thing about NOS (or N20) is that it can be left switched off most of the time so the engine runs as standard. The gearbox will have had a hard time though! Is it a Wizards of NOS system? If so they are best and Trevor Langfield (the Wizard himself) has forgotten more about NOS than pretty much anyone else has ever known :) Again, you could sell the NOS system as they're generic rather than model specific but you might have to get a new inlet manifold if the existing one has been drilled to accept the multipoint system i.e. 6 NOS "injectors".

Cheers

Mark

forumadmin
27-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Well get rid of the TEINs and you have a nice handling car again. :)

AR
27-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I think the previous owner was a Chef.

Return to stock I would say.

Cheers,

AR

Rash
27-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes owner was a chef - Has owned it for over 12 Years and bought it stock from Honda Dealers. Car is running an AEM management mapped by RC Developments and set up by RSE Motorsport...

Not really sure what the plan is to be honest - Was bought to drive a short while and sell on however chances are wont be driving it much as the current bucket seat is quite tight and lets just say i like junk food :)

Will take a couple of pics of the inside tomorrow.

Cheers

Senninha
28-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi,

An intersting NSX for sure.

If you're thinking of selling on I'd check the market price for an auto. If you've bought well and can offer at a competitive price then I'd think about swapping out the suspension, refitting the interior and taking Mark's advise above on the ECU/NOZ/Mapping.

Then get it detailed and up for sale.

With that said, if you've no need to sell right now, I'd probably remap to pump fuel, refit the interior and loose the stickers before having a summer of fun with it. depending on your timing you could always get it ready for this years Japfest in May and adveretise it there. You'll have thousands of Japcar enthusiasts and recent years have seen 1 or 2 NSX sales at the event.

Regards,

Paul

forumadmin
28-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Why remap to pump fuel? Surely reinstalling the standard ECU is the best option. For driveability, reliability, having the dashboard lights work as intended, being able to have a Honda garage service it, etc.

If the car is to be re-sold on, then it should be as standard as it can be.

Rash
28-01-2010, 10:20 PM
From what i gather the standard ECU is still in the car and the AEM works off that like a piggy bank ECU..??? Hopefully the graphics will be off this weekend and i'll be giving it a good tidy up.

Having thought about it may leave it 'as is' on race fuel and mapped etc as its been set up like this and someone may want a 'drag prepared' NSX..?? Yes / No..? However defo limiting the buyer market but if its what someone wants its had all the main stuff done.

A couple of pics - Sorry about pic quality taken on mobile phone with not great lighting.

Yes Wizard of Noz supplied all nitrous.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1259/silverbora4.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/7043/silverbora5.jpg

Sudesh
07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-HONDA-NSX-3-0-V6-AUTO-UK-CAR-with-NOS-EX-DRAG-CAR_W0QQitemZ280462259385QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item414cda74b9

Rash
07-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Yep - decided to try and sell as is. Should anyone here want it i'd do a GOOD discount :)

Cheers

nsx_vtec
10-02-2010, 10:34 PM
that car has had ALOT of work at hyper sports in wigan.

they were a bunch of cow-boys to say the least!!!!! im sure the owner will confirm this.

hope i dont put anyone off buying the car.

thanks.

amo
10-02-2010, 11:36 PM
aem is stand alone looks like the same one as mine
its not the piggy back type from that pic

thx amo

Rash
11-02-2010, 10:58 AM
that car has had ALOT of work at hyper sports in wigan.

they were a bunch of cow-boys to say the least!!!!! im sure the owner will confirm this.

hope i dont put anyone off buying the car.

thanks.

Were these the chaps that went bust...??? If so yes the person i got it from gave it there and mentioned they stripped it out MORE than he requested and then it took him MONTHS to get his car back and money that was owed to him... To be honest i've never heard of them before. This was some years ago and was then taken to RSE Motorsport who have maintained it for some years now with no bother at all..

Cheers

Rash
11-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Cheers for clearing that up for me Amo - Shows how much i know :) If i sell before 18th March i will as i am going on holiday for several weeks - if not then when i get back i may begin to return it to stock(ish)

Cheers.

aem is stand alone looks like the same one as mine
its not the piggy back type from that pic

thx amo