PDA

View Full Version : Has Papalazarou bought a new car?

NSX 2000
15-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Have just spotted that Papalazarou (James) has put his name down for the track session at Japfeast, does this mean he has bought another NSX:think:

SILVER BULLET
15-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Have just spotted that Papalazarou (James) has put his name down for the track session at Japfeast, does this mean he has bought another NSX:think:

If someone has sold thier NSX and gone to the DARK SIDE (German Sportscar Ownership) even temporarily, should they be allowed back into the fold without so much as an apology ?:laugh:

JQD84983
15-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Brave I think putting the common German beast up against the exotic Japanese gliterati. Especially in the Japanese emporium that is Japfest.

They may start pelting him with rotten fruit! :)

havoc
15-02-2010, 09:23 PM
I smell Pork! ;)

AR
15-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I smell Sushi...

simonprelude
16-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Who can blame him for coming back ;)

I might even have to do the same myself...........

Papalazarou
16-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Well, TBH I've been a little disapointed in the sewing circle this time round;-)
I was hoping to drag this one out a little longer.

Yes my foray into the world of the German death trap was brief. Felt like I needed a change but jumped to the wrong type of car. TBH, I missed the NSX, the forum and the general scene; the neutral handling, the sound and the general lack of ego. The Porker felt like I was out to prove something and the forum was the wrong side of sedate in spite of having a much larger catchment.

About a month before my last NSX went, I was contacted by an NSX owner, not far from me who'd seen my advert and was looking to sell in the spring. Anyway, I contacted him last week and we did the deal on Monday.
Ironically (probably in the Alanis Morrisette kind of way), it was registered the same day as my last NSX, is the same colour and is number 28. My last car was 24.

So I suppose technically that's three cars in three months.

If I try to sell this one in the next twelve months I need to be sectioned.

Anyway, glad to be back. Now just waiting for Mr Prelude!!

Cheers,

James.

SILVER BULLET
16-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Well, TBH I've been a little disapointed in the sewing circle this time round;-)

Yes my foray into the world of the German death trap was brief. Felt like I needed a change but jumped to the wrong type of car. TBH, I missed the NSX, the forum and the general scene; the neutral handling, the sound and the general lack of ego. The Porker felt like I was out to prove something and the forum was the wrong side of sedate in spite of having a much larger catchment.

About a month before my last NSX went, I was contacted by an NSX owner, not far from me who'd seen my advert and was looking to sell in the spring. Anyway, I contacted him last week and we did the deal on Monday.
Ironically (probably in the Alanis Morrisette kind of way), it was registered the same day as my last NSX, is the same colour and is number 28. My last car was 24.

Cheers,

James.

A very big welcome back mate ,is there only one colour ?:laugh:.

Look forward to a drive-out in the very near future,

Cheers,

Ian

AR
16-02-2010, 07:31 PM

Cheers,

James.

Was it an Alanis Morrisette moment or was it more like Creed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HdGUNm6-qI

LOL I blame that ride in the TMNT for reminding you what an NSX is.

Welcome back!!!

Cheers,

Ary

m666 edd
16-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Nice one.

More south west people!

Papalazarou
16-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks guys, really good to be back. We'll have to get a SW meet organized. PeteM's back in a couple of weeks and I've unearthed a couple more owners in the Taunton area. altogether we now have seven. Enough for a convoy to JF?!

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
16-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Welcome back James!

NSX 2000
16-02-2010, 09:45 PM
And I thought you were going to come in your S2000, or do you not have that any more?

Paul

PS pics of the new one then please, or do you have to polish it first :laugh:

JQD84983
16-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Welcome back James.

They say you should never go back but in this case I think it will be fine! :)

havoc
16-02-2010, 10:05 PM
What are you like James?!? :D

Which Porker (997?), and how did the driving experience compare?

Senninha
16-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi James,

Pleased to hear you put the deal together and despite all the warm welcomes I personally think you never really left us.

If only you weren't so damn far away .....

Regards, Paul

markc
17-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Yes my foray into the world of the German death trap was brief. Felt like I needed a change but jumped to the wrong type of car.

Should have gone for the GT3 :)

TBH, I missed the NSX, the forum and the general scene;

You really need to get out more.

The Porker felt like I was out to prove something and the forum was the wrong side of sedate in spite of having a much larger catchment.

Been there suffered that!

it was registered the same day as my last NSX, is the same colour and is number 28. My last car was 24.

Have you no imagination man :)

Only joking James, welcome back.

PS - will you be on the look out for some nice gold wheels ;)

Cheers

Mark

forumadmin
18-02-2010, 09:23 AM
"He'll be back............they all come back. MUWAHAHAHA"

Papalazarou
18-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Should have gone for the GT3 :)

You really need to get out more.

Been there suffered that!

Have you no imagination man :)

Only joking James, welcome back.

PS - will you be on the look out for some nice gold wheels ;)

Cheers

Mark

I still have the gold wheels. Perhaps if I got them sprayed white someone would buy them?

Mark, I had considered the GT3, but glad I didn't buy one. I know it's a great car, but IMO the 996/7 doesn't work well on bumpy multi camber roads and those are the ones I spend a lot of time driving on. The NSX is softer, suppler and doesn't have any bad habits.
I know that given more time I would have grown more appreciative of the 997, but I just didn't feel comfortable with.
I imagine in the dry on well surfaced roads where it's more predictable, it's one of the best handling cars you can buy, but it just seems to rain so much these days and I'm not just a fair weather driver. I guess the bottom line is that if I'd wanted to like it I would have. But the NSX ticks loads more boxes and when I picked it up last week, it gave me the buzz I was missing with the Porsche.

Cheers,

James.

markc
18-02-2010, 06:21 PM
... But the NSX ticks loads more boxes and when I picked it up last week, it gave me the buzz I was missing with the Porsche.

That's nice to hear :)

So having gone from NSX (3.2) to 997(C2S) to NSX (3.2) on back to back ownership, how much faster does the 997 feel? On paper it's a fair bit quicker but what does the Papa butt dyno say?

Cheers

Mark

amo
18-02-2010, 11:21 PM
well im glad your back OLD MAN lol need some one to take the mickyy
and I need to be sectioned mmmmmmmmm im sure i can sort that out for you lol

thx amo

TheSebringOne
19-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Welcome back James, I knew you would return some day, but not quite this quick! :)

Papalazarou
19-02-2010, 10:52 AM
That's nice to hear :)

So having gone from NSX (3.2) to 997(C2S) to NSX (3.2) on back to back ownership, how much faster does the 997 feel? On paper it's a fair bit quicker but what does the Papa butt dyno say?

Cheers

Mark

The 997S has a noticeably stronger torque curve from 4k onwards. builds through to around 6K then you get a solid kick to the rev limiter which is around 7300prm.
It's about 60hp and 80 lbft up on the NSX, so on hills it's quite noticable.
IMO in a straight line, the Porsche would walk away from the NSX, but not quickly. They quote 0-100 time for the Porsche at 10.7 seconds which is pretty quick, but on normal roads I'm not sure whether it would make any real difference.
Personally, I'd trade power for balance all day.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
19-02-2010, 10:57 AM
..........IMO in a straight line, the Porsche would walk away from the NSX, but not quickly. They quote 0-100 time for the Porsche at 10.7 seconds which is pretty quick, but on normal roads I'm not sure whether it would make any real difference.
Personally, I'd trade power for balance all day.

Cheers,

James.

And this is point I keep referring back too when the bragging rights conversations arise and the 'need' for extrra ponies .... they may be great for a drag strip vmax run, but on an interesting b road it makes very little real difference and like you James, I'll take balance and a forgiving chassis everey time.

regards, Paul

AR
19-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Now and NSX with extra power...:)

mutley
19-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Let's face it, we couldn't have a Japfest without good ol' papalaz.......................I mean , who is going to set up the meticulous parking arrangements?????

Welcome back mate, always thought it would only be a matter of time (although I wasn't quite expecting it to be that quick).

Cheers
Jim

Senninha
19-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Let's face it, we couldn't have a Japfest without good ol' papalaz.......................I mean , who is going to set up the meticulous parking arrangements?????

Cheers
Jim

I'll second that so the motion is passed and James is a parking consultant for the event ;)

Papalazarou
21-02-2010, 12:23 AM

Welcome back mate, always thought it would only be a matter of time (although I wasn't quite expecting it to be that quick).

Cheers
Jim

I'm happy to do the parking. I'll try to think of something original.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
21-02-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm happy to do the parking. I'll try to think of something original.

Cheers,

James.

....maybe topless cheerleaders....just a thought. :)

markc
22-02-2010, 09:36 AM
And this is point I keep referring back too when the bragging rights conversations arise and the 'need' for extrra ponies .... they may be great for a drag strip vmax run, but on an interesting b road it makes very little real difference and like you James, I'll take balance and a forgiving chassis everey time.

regards, Paul

Careful Paul, you'll have us all selling up and getting hot hatches. They're the recognised kings of the B road!

Now that just might make me try extra hard to re-arrange our plans for that weekend :)

Cheers

Mark

Papalazarou
22-02-2010, 09:58 AM

Are we going to draw straws for that job, or did you mean hiring out?

Cheers,

James.

mart155
22-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Welcome back James, you know it makes sense :)

Baz
22-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi James,

Pleased to read you're back in an NSX, although I thought you might have at least changed colour!
It's reading threads like this one that make me think I really should hang onto my car, although I wasn't planning to change mine for anything else as the fleet is too large anyway and one of the reasons I put so few miles on the 'X'.

Hope to meet up at an event this year - Silverstone?

Cheers,

Baz

Boomin33
23-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Dude, that is very funny. I was thinking about a 911 a few months back... as an addition - make the wife sell her car :) as I don't think I'll ever sell my NSX for fear of not finding the same again, if not just for fact that I would not do it.

The Porker fascination faded quickly. However, I do think that I will try and get a White/White or Black/Black R8 in 2011. I think that is a desire that won't die easily.
But hey ho, that is a long ways off; and reading some of the forums, it is far from perfected on the build side as yet...

Senninha
23-02-2010, 10:57 PM
........ However, I do think that I will try and get a White/White or Black/Black R8 in 2011. I think that is a desire that won't die easily.
But hey ho, that is a long ways off; and reading some of the forums, it is far from perfected on the build side as yet...

Rob,

A colleague has a Black/Black R8 and its ok. Performance isnt 'that' far ahead, inside feels like any modern german car and I still cant get the overall design to catch my interest.

Oh, its also just cost him £870 for his first service which he says was little more than a fluids change and some software upgrades :eek:

Save you money and wait till this falls into reach ... http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21543

regards, Paul

markc
24-02-2010, 11:31 AM

Silverstone is a fantastic event, I'm sure we'll all be there at some point over the weekend :)

Oh, its also just cost him £870 for his first service which he says was little more than a fluids change and some software upgrades :eek:

Surely software upgrades, including labour, are under warranty? Which makes the oil and fluid s even more expensive.

Save you money and wait till this falls into reach ... http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21543

You'll be saving for an awfully long time. It looks, or will when it's painted, great and sounds fantastic but will always be in a different price league :(

Ohh and wait to you get a load of McLaren servicing costs!!!

The R8 and GT3 are still the only things that float my boat at anything like sensible money :)

Cheers

Mark

m666 edd
24-02-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't plan on buying any other car. Especially not for a long long time but the only thing that might interest me would be a Lamborghini Gallardo but not at the current prices of course.

The Audi R8 in my opinion just looks stupid and does nothing for me.

The McLaren is nice but I agree the prices will be another league and for a very long time.

I'd rather just spend the money on getting the NSX up to 400bhp+ and then I don't need another car!

Papalazarou
24-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi James,

Pleased to read you're back in an NSX, although I thought you might have at least changed colour!
It's reading threads like this one that make me think I really should hang onto my car, although I wasn't planning to change mine for anything else as the fleet is too large anyway and one of the reasons I put so few miles on the 'X'.

Cheers,

Baz

Hi Baz,

I probably should have had a colour change, but there's not a lot of choice out there and I've done red already!!
Now I've found a car, I strongly suggest you hold onto yours;-)
I plan to make it to Silverstone among other events in the calendar; Japfest,
ThorneFalcon classic car meet, some of the SW shows and hopefully some club coffee mornings?!!

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
24-02-2010, 11:14 PM
If this new Mac sets the bench mark for supercars (not hyper ones) and is better than the new 458, then prices probably will hold firm longer than it's competitors and the rarity factor will help too.

NoelWatson
28-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Careful Paul, you'll have us all selling up and getting hot hatches. They're the recognised kings of the B road!

The Mugen Civic certainly is.