PDA

View Full Version : HID kits

gcon45
16-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Planning on replacing the dipped beam on my 2002 NA2 with a HID kit.

I've had plenty of experience with these kits on previous cars and have got kits from the likes of xenonshop.co.uk and eBay for under £100.

While the kits were good enough value for money, I fancy something a bit more up-market for the NSX, ideally with slimline ballasts.

Does anyone have experience with PIAA or Ring HID kits and are they worth the £500 + price tag that they command?

Senninha
16-02-2010, 10:58 PM
You might want to look here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91686

Erick is a very reliable supplier to the NSX community

regards,

Paul

Papalazarou
17-02-2010, 08:08 AM
I got my last set of HID's from Dan at DTA. From memory they're around the £120 mark with the extra led side lights. I'm going to order a couple of sets for myself and another member in the next few days, so if you're interested PM me. They're a really good kit and the balast fits neatly behind the lights.

Cheers,

James.

AR
17-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I bought one from Prime, can't remember the Guy's name and one from DTM before. I was disappointed that the one from DTM required the bulb holder to be modified. The one from Prime was great and I think it was like $ 174.00. So I bought one spare jsut in case. :)

gcon45
17-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Cheers for the info chaps.

PS - Hi James! Long time no speak! Did you sell the NSX in the end mate?