PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust FINALLY on the car

mutley
28-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Hi All,

Well teh new system has been sitting under my bed for a little over a year now, as I couldn't get the old exhaust off my car.
BUT with the use of propper facilities I now have up here, it's on and sounding great.

Jim

mutley
28-02-2010, 09:30 PM
And a few more.................

mutley
28-02-2010, 09:31 PM
..............and the last few.

And video clip (if it works!)

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/mazza26/?action=view&current=MOV00268.flv

simonprelude
28-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Looking good, how you finiding it, any better?

AR
28-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Looking good, how you finiding it, any better?

But of course, design by moi after much messing about guaranteed to liberate a few ponies! :)

AR
28-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Hey Jim that used to be my wing too. :)

Senninha
28-02-2010, 10:26 PM
BEst bit for me was you smiling and laughing at the end of the video ... well done Jim

regards, Paul

AR
28-02-2010, 10:45 PM
BEst bit for me was you smiling and laughing at the end of the video ... well done Jim

regards, Paul

Plus one! I was thinking he was never going to get it there. :) I did offer Jim my facilities but he was very far at the time.

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Nice one, Jim.

Looks like it allowed you to keep the original sway bar and didn't have to replace it with the later model.
Lovely sound on the movie.... Time to replace the header as well...

Finally, I'll be ordering my header tomorrow...

Kaz

mutley
01-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Hi All,

Oh so many questions:

Simon, Don't really know if any better yet as I could only start the car as I am awaiting new radiator.

Ary, Good point, I seem to be morphing slowly into your old car, other parts are headlight motors,covers and nosecone from you to be fitted. Also comments from the guys that helped me fit it commented that it was a fantastic bit of fabrications, exerything was spot on.

Kaz, the new system went straight on, sway bar got in the way slightly when getting the old system off as it had the cats attached, but apart from that no problems at all, all matched up perfectly mounts and all. And yes next on the list will be headers and intake.

Paul, the smile was the due to the lovely sound, the laughing was when it popped a flame rally car stylie(about 28 seconds in on video), that could be interesting on the track!!

Cheers
Jim

Dragonlady
01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Looking and sounding good Jim.

Ian

TheSebringOne
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Jim, that must have been one precious exhaust, sleeping with it under your bed for a year! :D

Sounds good & may be get it measured to see how loud it is, think Kaz has the meter now?

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Very nice Jim! I like the style of the tail trim. Can you put up some pics of a rear shot of the car on the ground?

Been looking at new back boxes myself and thinking of buying the NSX-R one.

markc
01-03-2010, 11:00 PM

I'm fairly sure they're the same as the standard ones internally i.e. rubbish. They certainly sound the same.

You'd be much better off getting a stainless steel or even titanium aftermarket one.

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
01-03-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm fairly sure they're the same as the standard ones internally i.e. rubbish. They certainly sound the same.

You'd be much better off getting a stainless steel or even titanium aftermarket one.

Cheers

Mark

Yeah your probably right Mark, if you havent changed yours it should be the same as NSX-R. I'm just a stickler for the OEM look and tips etc. I would keep own and change to NSX-R tips but HONDA dont sell the tips as seperate for the NSX-R. Ary also pointed out the NSX-R has a black heat shield which is correct.

AR
02-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Sudesh why not get and exhaust shop to add the tips? BTW Europeand and America NSX of certain years also came with that exhaust, it would just be a case of powdercoating the heathshield.

mutley
06-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Very nice Jim! I like the style of the tail trim. Can you put up some pics of a rear shot of the car on the ground?

As you requested, here's a coople of the car on the ground.