PDA

View Full Version : gear shift

edfitzie
17-03-2010, 02:39 PM
the clutch slave cylinder went on me just before she went into winter hibernation.. got stuck in first gear.. at the side of the road.. had to force it to get it into neutral to roll it to the side of the road.. put in new slave.. since then its become difficult to get it into first..
any insights/remedies?

Sudesh
17-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Have the transmission oil changed, give it a good flush too and see if that helps.

the clutch slave cylinder went on me just before she went into winter hibernation.. got stuck in first gear.. at the side of the road.. had to force it to get it into neutral to roll it to the side of the road.. put in new slave.. since then its become difficult to get it into first..
any insights/remedies?

edfitzie
17-03-2010, 03:03 PM
hi suddesh.. clutch and gear box fluids were changed afterwards.. could we have damaged the actual shift mechanism..
p.s. great work on the gaiter etc

Kaz-kzukNA1
17-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi, edfitzie

Seems like you started to experience this difficulty after replacing the CL Slave Cyl.

When you say ‘difficult to get into first’, do you mean you only have difficulty in selecting first gear and no problem at all on all other gears at any rpm?

Initially, I thought about the air in the CL hydraulic line but wanted to confirm the above point first before going any further.

By the way, I hope you replaced the CL Master Cyl at the same time…
If your CL Slave Cyl was gone, the Master side will follow the same sooner or later.

Regards,
Kaz

edfitzie
17-03-2010, 04:24 PM
will take her for a drive now before we hit the guinness and report back

NSXGB
17-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Is it just from cold?

edfitzie
17-03-2010, 06:00 PM
just back from spin.. no not from cold its all the time.. and its just first gear.. changes ok with engine off which maybe suggests air?

edfitzie
17-03-2010, 06:02 PM
no issue in any other gear at any RPM. clutch has 18k miles on it