PDA

View Full Version : McLaren launch

Senninha
17-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Received this email today .... thought I'd share :) for those that missed Mark's Autocar reference. Regards, Paul

McLaren Automotive is delighted to inform you of a special press conference we are holding at the McLaren Technology Centre tomorrow. The press conference is entitled ‘Inside McLaren – the Launch of a New Car Company’. We will be hosting important journalists and broadcasters from around the world at the home of McLaren where we will announce further details about the plans we have for our new high performance sports car production programme.

We wish to extend an invitation to you to view this prestigious event via a live webcast. Watching this webcast will place you amongst the first to learn of all the new information we are now able to share.

The live webcast can be viewed at www.media.mclarenautomotive.com (http://www.media.mclarenautomotive.com/) and will commence at 10.30 GMT on 18th March 2010. We expect the conference to draw to a close by 12 noon.

Please note that the login function on the media page is for accredited journalists only. Following the webcast, if you wish to visit the main McLaren Automotive website please access this via the following link:
www.mclarenautomotive.com (http://www.mclarenautomotive.com/)

If you are unable to view the live webcast, highlights will be available from 19th March 2010 via the following link: http://www.facebook.com/mclarenautomotive (http://www.facebook.com/mclarenautomotive)

We look forward to welcoming you to view this significant event in the history of McLaren Automotive.

Kind regards,

Client Services Team

markc
17-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I going to try to attend if possible :)

You've got to love their product but McLaren do seem to go out of their way to come over as a pompous bunch of egotists. It wouldn't be difficult to make the wording of that invitation/statement be so much friendlier and inviting would it.

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
17-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Mark,

I've tried to move my diary around but without success :(

I had intended to rock up in the NSX and try to blag access.

You'll probably get in as they'll think you IOP is a mule returning from road testing ;)

If you do get in please try to grab me a jurno launch pack before they all go. Thanx and good luck.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
17-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Cheers Paul, just read something about this in PH.

Maclaren has alot riding on this car when its in direct competition with the new 458 or the new Lambo Superleggera. Lets hope it sets a new bench mark?

Senninha
17-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Cheers Paul, just read something about this in PH.

Maclaren has alot riding on this car when its in direct competition with the new 458 or the new Lambo Superleggera. Lets hope it sets a new bench mark?

James,

Who are Maclaren? ;)

For me this car is in a different league. The 458 IMO will date very quickly with its quirky design. I'd only buy the SL for its interior. I beleive this new MP4 will have the same timeless design as the NSX.

I'm hoping they may share some insight into the other models they are planning

regards, Paul

markc
18-03-2010, 10:09 AM
You'll probably get in as they'll think you IOP is a mule returning from road testing ;)

If you do get in please try to grab me a jurno launch pack before they all go. Thanx and good luck.

regards, Paul

Ha ha... no I meant I'll attend the webcast/weblaunch/webinar.

I took my new (to me) Accord into the Honda dealer in Ottershaw (nr Woking), to have a CD player issue looked at, and they mentioned that they're seen the Orange MP4 C12 driving around. I've seen the camouflaged mule driving around but I'd love to see the Orange one in the flesh. I need a pic of my NSX parked next to it :)

Cheers

Mark

markc
18-03-2010, 11:46 AM
The autocar live feed didn't work. I'm not that surprised, most of these Live online events seem to suffer technology fubars, useless tossers :(

I will watch it tomorrow from McLaren's Faceache page... http://www.facebook.com/mclarenautomotive

Cheers

Mark

gumball
18-03-2010, 01:41 PM
James,

Who are Maclaren? ;)

For me this car is in a different league. The 458 IMO will date very quickly with its quirky design. I'd only buy the SL for its interior. I beleive this new MP4 will have the same timeless design as the NSX.

I'm hoping they may share some insight into the other models they are planning

regards, Paul

The 458 is far better looking. Ron's rocket looks more dated than timeless to me.

TheSebringOne
18-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Paul, I am Scottish after all!

Interesting they have not released the 0-60 time yet and the engine is in house.

markc
18-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Just watched the "show".

The design and engineering of the machine is VERY impressive. They seem to be almost as obsessed with the fact that the new factory will be white, transparent and super clean though.

I wasn't overly impressed with the presenters Ron Dennis, Anthony Sherriff and Martin Whitmarsh though. I've much slicker presentations in the IT industry where I work day to day. The Lewis and Jenson film and following interview was quite fun :)

Overall, fabulous car but the company leaves me cold. Immense skill and dedication but somehow lacking in passion? Not that I'm ever going to afford one so I don't suppose they care.

Cheers

Mark