PDA

View Full Version : looking for an NSX in the UK/Ireland - any thoughts?

nobby
19-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi folks

Really trying to find a nice NSX for sale for a reasonable budget (if you need to know my budget PM me), however dont think my budget would stretch to a facelifted model so looking a good clean example of an earlier version. I would prefer a LOW mileage car as I plan to drive the car if and when I am able to purchase.

Have looked at PH's, ebay and here etc, and know what is out there, some lovely examples and have already spoken to owners but i would like a car with lesser mileage. :eek: now i know that this is not really an issue for well looked after cars but its a bit of a stickler for me ... something in the mid 40k's would be great that way i could knock up a few miles and not despair at the clock reading! :(

If any of you nice folk know of anyone thinking of parting with their NSX and its in pretty decent nick with good history and has mileage that you think i would be happy with etc please let me know ASAP. Aiming to try and have a car for the Japfest meet in May, but at the moment this is not looking good as i cant seem to find an 'ideal' nsx for my needs.

Am i perhaps being too unrealistic about finding a lower mileage 1995+ car than some of the cars currently advertised and at a sensible price too?

Any advice much appreciated:beer:

regards

TheSebringOne
19-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi and welcome, I think due to the limited availability of cars in the UK with 350-400 at the most left, you cannot be too picky unless you wait patiently and that could be a long time. If you are looking for a car with 45K miles from 1995, ie 3K miles pa, which might be out there, but may be not in your price range or available. So don't dismiss a higher mileage car of say mid 50s to early 60s, so long as they have good history with FHSH and receipts, bills & MOTs etc. Happy hunting.

nobby
21-03-2010, 11:02 AM
thanks mate

yes very much take your point on board, its more of a mental hurdle for me as i said, some nice cars currently on sale but what also is holding me back is the sale of my current car which has taken longer than I originally thought it would ... but interested parties nonetheless ... just need to see some dosh!

Hi and welcome, I think due to the limited availability of cars in the UK with 350-400 at the most left, you cannot be too picky unless you wait patiently and that could be a long time. If you are looking for a car with 45K miles from 1995, ie 3K miles pa, which might be out there, but may be not in your price range or available. So don't dismiss a higher mileage car of say mid 50s to early 60s, so long as they have good history with FHSH and receipts, bills & MOTs etc. Happy hunting.

mikeyrockster
21-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi,

You may have spotted my black import NSX on PH and ebay, it is a very clean example but higher miles than you probably are thinking of. its a manual 1991 with 94k miles. Although it sounds high the car is almost 20 years old so very low for the year.

It has been extremely well looked after with honda fsh with every stamp. Its had a clutch and recent cambelt and will be supplied with 12 months MOT.

Due to the milage and age Im only looking at £14,500 which im my opinion is a bargain seeing as there are 1995 cars going for £20k+ and 1997 cars going for £23k+.

Check out prospective new owners, and manual v auto posts and bear in mind, mine is a manual.

I am also willing to take part ex dependant on the car which would eleviate your problem selling yours.

My email is mikeyrockster@live.com