PDA

View Full Version : Multi storey car parks

m666 edd
25-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I haven't been in one in many years due to my daily driver being even lower than the NSX.

What are people's experiences with them and the NSX on standard height suspension?

Also I assume ferries aren't very NSX friendly. They have some horrible ramps to go on and off.

Sudesh
25-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Really depends on the gradient of the multi story. My car is slightly lower than standard with just over 4.5" of clearance at the nose, there is only one here I cant use propery and if I do use them they kindly let me park on the ground level in a reserved area :)

I haven't been in one in many years due to my daily driver being even lower than the NSX.

What are people's experiences with them and the NSX on standard height suspension?

Also I assume ferries aren't very NSX friendly. They have some horrible ramps to go on and off.

Lankstarr
25-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I've never had a problem but do go very slowly on any obvious inclines. If you have Kevs old car it is lowered so I can't advise on that.

L.*

m666 edd
25-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Well apparently Kev set the ride height to standard when he put the latest suspension on due to him bottoming out on his drive.

If it is lowered it must be only very slightly. It certainly clears big speed bumps with no problems where my other car scrapes.

amo
25-03-2010, 11:07 PM
lol now that was fun
done a film shoot part of was in one took 2hours to get up 1 floor lol

never again

thx amo

Lankstarr
26-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Forgot it was adjustable; I just knew he had better suspension so presumed it would be lower. Try your luck with someone checking clearance; the worst that can happen is a scrape on the plastic front splitter!

forumadmin
26-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Well apparently Kev set the ride height to standard when he put the latest suspension on due to him bottoming out on his drive.

If it is lowered it must be only very slightly. It certainly clears big speed bumps with no problems where my other car scrapes.

Err no, it's lower. Not by much though, and more in the rear to bring it level. You have the height gauges I made. Compare the lengths of those with the OEM settings in the workshop manual. I think it's only half an inch lower than normal.

And also, someone on my drive with 16/17 wheels will clear the drive, while someone on 15/16 will scrape. Both had standard suspension.