PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence

NSX100
30-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Has anyone else noticed this?

Autotrader is advertising a 95, 47,000 midnight purple targa at a shade under 25,000. Is this not the same car sold at 19,000 privately a couple of weeks ago by a member on here and was originally BlueNSX's car? (I almost bought this very car 15 months ago but for a lot less than this and with 38,000 on the clock).

Who do these dealers expect to pay this money albeit for a very good example? They seem to have no concept of market prices or they are hoping someone with no knowledge of the NSX walks in off the street. On the other hand 19,000 seems a very low price to sell in the first place.

Jake Stag
30-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Autotrader is advertising a 95, 47,000 midnight purple targa at a shade under 25,000. Is this not the same car sold at 19,000 privately a couple of weeks ago by a member on here and was originally BlueNSX's car? (I almost bought this very car 15 months ago but for a lot less than this and with 38,000 on the clock).

Who do these dealers expect to pay this money albeit for a very good example? They seem to have no concept of market prices or they are hoping someone with no knowledge of the NSX walks in off the street. On the other hand 19,000 seems a very low price to sell in the first place.

I find this interesting it seems to be that long time owners of the NSX seem far more happy to see there long loved car go to fellow NSX CLUB members etc (someone who will appreciate the car). But dealers seem to have the funds in place and just buy up the NSX models after sitting on the market for some time purely to push them out again at mass profit to someone/anyone who has no idea of price/value. Knowing just how rare the cars are everyone seems to be chasing the same few cars that do pop up from time to time on the market place

L23 NSX
30-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Guys,

Its simple....

Midnight Purple cars are rapidly appreciating in value due to the fact that they look great.

Regards

Lee

NSX 2000
30-03-2010, 05:13 PM

When BlueNSX was selling the whole car market was on it's knees, very few buyers and lots of sellers! So you could grab a bargin. How times change :no:

havoc
30-03-2010, 05:15 PM
The problems work both ways:-
- there are only a few cars around, and I'd suggest nearly each one is subtly different, so as a buyer you have to wait to find the 'right' car for you - I ended up compromising (a 3.0 with higher-than-ideal mileage but VGC everything else) because I didn't want to wait for ages;
- but equally, there isn't a huge pool of buyers out there, and each will have their own idea about what they want, so it can take a while to sell a car (unless it's a 3.2, in which case it'll sell 3x over).

So if someone needs/wants to sell quickly, then dealers could be the only choice.