PDA

View Full Version : ceramic coating headers?

gumball
04-04-2010, 03:59 PM
As I have taken the plunge and got some headers, I'm now wondering if I should get them ceramic coated before fitting, have most of you who have the after market headers done this? and if so where did you send them?

Thanks.

eclipse1501
04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
You can certainly have the welded joints reinforced/QC checked as many do, including me. What are the benefits of a ceramic coats on STS headers ? Iam not sure myself.

AR
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Read all about it. :)

http://www.jet-hot.com/

I have not done it, apparently is really good, but when I change the SC for T I will get it done on the new system.

nigel
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
When I bought my Comp-Tech headers I packed them off to Jet Hot.
It cost $220.00 U.S., (+ $40 U.S. for shipping) and worth evert cent !!
Had them coated inside and out.
The engine compartment temp droped nearly 50 deg. F and they say you get at least three h.p. just from the coating containing the heat and getting it out the back.
They won't ever discolour
They have a LIFETIME warrenty and if they ever crack send them back and they'll fix them for free.
The worst part is they should be hanging on the living room wall as they're a work of art.
There has to be someone over there doing this process and if your getting headers you shouldn't install them without this coating.
It's truly the dogs danglies.

Cheers
nigel

gumball
19-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I wish we had jet hot over here, so far I have a quote for £660 in the UK, really nice people but that is too much for me. :(

nigel
19-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Go to the "Jet Hot Coatings" web site and see how much shipping would be for the job.
Declare them going out for repair and maybe that would circumvent the return duty and VAT.
I'm sure it would be far cheaper than 600 quid.
Surely there has to be SOMEONE over there in the U.K., France or Spain that does Ceramic Coatings for the motorcar or aviation industry.

Cheers
nigel

vtecdirect
19-04-2010, 09:23 PM
zircotec in Abingdon come highly recommended. Dont know about their prices though.

gumball
20-04-2010, 12:36 PM
zircotec in Abingdon come highly recommended. Dont know about their prices though.

Just got the quote back from them, about £35-£40 per 30cms, still not worked out if this is good or bad. :laugh:

NSXGB
21-04-2010, 08:30 AM
So, your budget option is.....
http://www.passionauto.co.uk/products/performance/exhausts/fibreglass-woven-white-car-exhaust-wrap-5m-x-25mm.php

Go on, it will look luverly. :)

gumball
21-04-2010, 04:55 PM
So, your budget option is.....
http://www.passionauto.co.uk/products/performance/exhausts/fibreglass-woven-white-car-exhaust-wrap-5m-x-25mm.php

Go on, it will look luverly.

I don't think so, I hear from a very good source that this is no good.

Zircotec also do a budget black coating thats not quite as efficent, but after much dithering I'll probably think sod it and fork out.

:drool: :think: :beer: :cantlook:

NSXGB
21-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't think so, I hear from a very good source that this is no good.

Zircotec also do a budget black coating thats not quite as efficent, but after much dithering I'll probably think sod it and fork out.

:drool: :think: :beer: :cantlook:

Joking aside, I did work on a car many years ago with the fibreglass wrap on the manifolds and it did do the job. You could put your hand on the manifold at full temp without burning yourself.

Take some pics when yours is done, I'm interested in seeing what it comes out like.