PDA

View Full Version : Petrol and Fuel Tank

NSX 2000
07-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Filled the car up Monday night at a cost of £1.25 per litre, I HATE THIS GOVERNMENT :angry:

Any way the reasson I filled up is for the first time in an NSX the low fuel light came on and the neddle was way in the red. It took 61 litres to fill right to the brim, but I thought it had a 70 litre tank? If this is correct then the warning light must come on when approx 10 litres (about 2 gallons) is left in the tank :dunno:

AR
07-04-2010, 01:49 PM
People have mentined similar experiences on Prime. I have never ran my car to that level, but often wondered if mine were out. No chance all three were out. :)

I really dislike this Government policies too BTW!

eclipse1501
07-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I think some members here will run on permanent low tanks to save weight? Anyway as this year my insurer will only give me 3rd party cover due to me disclosing "mods" (silly me) Iam keeping the car on empty in case of an engine bay fire!

NoelWatson
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Filled the car up Monday night at a cost of £1.25 per litre, I HATE THIS GOVERNMENT :angry:

Any way the reasson I filled up is for the first time in an NSX the low fuel light came on and the neddle was way in the red. It took 61 litres to fill right to the brim, but I thought it had a 70 litre tank? If this is correct then the warning light must come on when approx 10 litres (about 2 gallons) is left in the tank :dunno:

Think it is 11 litres. I've run mine almost dry by mistake.

TheSebringOne
07-04-2010, 10:07 PM
I think the driver's manual states that when the orange light comes on, you got just over 2 gallons left.

Senninha
07-04-2010, 10:35 PM

So why is it that when fuel costs were last at this level about a year or so ago, the press and motoring organisations where making lots of noise? Yet they seem content now to let it creep slowly up? And there's more increases on the way in the next few weeks.

Is it because there's an election coming?

Is it seen as a price worth paying as we come out of recession :rolleyes:?

I wouldn't be as bothered if they invested the 83% tax (or whatever it is these days) in the roads. I wish I could drive without having to develop a 6th sense for f*****g potholes that dont sit well with low profile tyres!!!

Rant over (till the next fuel stop)

regards, Paul

AR
07-04-2010, 11:14 PM
I think that it is effing silly how they added the 2p when the VAT when down to 15% and nevr took them off when they raised it.

Darling is a C and I am not sure if the next in line party will be any different, I hope they are because things are really f up.

Sorry for the Hi Jack!

AR
07-04-2010, 11:15 PM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/Thread-Hijack/1/Hijack-In_progress.jpg

Thunder
08-04-2010, 09:22 AM

You still have chance, here in Belgium it costs 1,52 € (1,33 £)!!! but here, there are 6 governments and an army of minister has to fatten!

mutley
08-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Unbelievable, I filled up my BM last night, £85!!!!!!!!!!

Kaz-kzukNA1
08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Although I pay the tax, NI, etc, I don’t have the right to vote in this country. I’ll leave the politics to you.

Regarding the low fuel light, I always try to use the same petrol station so almost always my fuel warning light comes on at the time of filling up.
My NSX is everyday car and I always reset the trip meter when I fill up the tank. This is a good way to monitor the health of engine as well.

I tend to drive the same route to/from the office so average fuel consumption is similar and I have a good idea on whether I can get to the same station or not with the remaining fuel in the tank.

The fuel light starts to glow dimly at about 15L remaining in the tank depending on the incline.
The light goes on and off very slowly for a while and stays on at about 11L left in the tank.
By this time, the needle of the fuel gage is just touching/above the empty mark and from there, I can actually drive further to the lower edge of the empty mark.

To protect the injector, I don’t want to do a fuel run out test on my engine but instead, I was told that the engine will start to show minor hesitation at about 3L left in the tank depending on the driving condition and there after, it will get worse and worse. You can’t use all of the fuel inside the tank due to the geometry of the tank and fuel pump lay out.

I need to fill it up again as my fuel light is already ON... Can't wait to see the bill...

Kaz

AR
08-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Kaz in older cars I understood that the pumps can overheatr due to low fuel and cause premature wear. Have you heard of this in the NSX?

NoelWatson
08-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I was told that the engine will start to show minor hesitation at about 3L left in the tank depending on the driving condition and there after, it will get worse and worse.
Kaz

I can confirm this.

Kaz-kzukNA1
08-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Not just the older cars but also on most of the new cars, running the fuel pump dry is not good.

Never tried on NSX but I have seen it several times even on one of the top racing fomula cars as well. Sometimes, it requires certain back pressure to operate properly.

Kaz

AR
08-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Not just the older cars but also on most of the new cars, running the fuel pump dry is not good.

Never tried on NSX but I have seen it several times even on one of the top racing fomula cars as well. Sometimes, it requires certain back pressure to operate properly.

Kaz

Thanks Kaz I am glad the old trick or advice shaoulkd I say still applied today. Wellk some of them, at least.

Cheers,

AR

Chris B N
12-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Can't help but feel we are being had
12 months ago Crude Oil was $140 a barrel now $83. GBP is 1.53 on the $
a year ago was 1.65.Even allowing for Gordons peneth the numbers don't
seem right.
Had several emails suggesting we boycott petrol purchases
not like in the past were people stopped buying on a particular day of the week.
But by not buying any petrol at all from the 2 biggest ~ ESSO and BP
May be worth a try if sufficient motorists stick to it.

WhyOne?
12-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't see what good boycotting oil co's will do in relation to petrol prices*.

This is not where they make their money.

As has been stated repeatedly in this thread, it is the government who are primarily responsible for setting fuel prices in this country.

*Declaration of vested interest - I do work in the oil industry!