PDA

View Full Version : revs not dropping @ 3000 rpm

ollie
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
hi everybody ,

i have searched here and prime but cannot find any info , so maybe one of our members has a clue .

i have a 2005 na2 18000 miles coupe in the fastest colour :laugh: , if i change gear between 3000 rpm and 3500 rpm the revs donot fall immediately but take about 2 seconds to return towards idle , it does not matter what gear i am in , i have no problem below or above this rev range , but it is really annoying particularly around town , where it has the effect of making me drive like i have just passed my test . ( insert your comments here ) :redface:
any clues anyone

steve

NSX 2000
12-04-2010, 05:03 PM
In olden days, one would say sticking throttle cable but as ours are drive by wire it shouldn't be that.

Is your car still in warranty?

Paul.

Kaz-kzukNA1
12-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi, Steve.

2sec seemed to be too long but if you are saying like just over 1sec, then it's the typical latest DBW with the latest emission control making this phenomenon.

3,000rpm seemed to be the worst case and you may notice the effect more when it is cold.

I hate this ‘rpm hung’ and some of the owners in Japan decided to replace the DBW system back to throttle cable version because of the very reason.

So, unless you have other issues, I think you are referring to the normal behaviour of the latest NSX.

Regards,
Kaz

ollie
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi, Steve.

2sec seemed to be too long but if you are saying like just over 1sec, then it's the typical latest DBW with the latest emission control making this phenomenon.

3,000rpm seemed to be the worst case and you may notice the effect more when it is cold.

I hate this ‘rpm hung’ and some of the owners in Japan decided to replace the DBW system back to throttle cable version because of the very reason.

So, unless you have other issues, I think you are referring to the normal behaviour of the latest

Regards,
Kaz

hi Kaz ,

i wondered if that was the case , so i phoned my local Honda 9 ( ex NSX ) dealer but they didn't have much of an idea .

regards

steve

jaytip
13-04-2010, 02:07 AM
I believe i had a similar thing with my 04.It would hang on to the revs a bit before dropping.Perhaps John can shed some light on it.

JQD84983
13-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I believe i had a similar thing with my 04.It would hang on to the revs a bit before dropping.Perhaps John can shed some light on it.

TBH I haven't noticed this as a problem. Having only ever driven a DBW car I don't have any experience NSX wise to compare. If mine does it then it is not approaching 3000 rpm otherwise I think I would have been posting also.