PDA

View Full Version : Rear centre brake light wiring

m666 edd
20-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Am I correct in assuming there is wiring on UK/Euro spec NSXs for the centre brake light even though they don't have one?

Hagasan
20-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Am I correct in assuming there is wiring on UK/Euro spec NSXs for the centre brake light even though they don't have one?

Only up to the rear of the engine compartment where there is a plug. You still need the mini-loom to the spoiler...

m666 edd
20-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Anyone know where to get this loom or what the part no. is?

Sudesh
20-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Anyone know where to get this loom or what the part no. is?

Have a look through this post:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5183&highlight=BRAKE+LIGHT

Kaz-kzukNA1
20-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Have a look through this post:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5183&highlight=BRAKE+LIGHT

Hi, all.
Had a quick glance on the above link and the info was not clear to me so I hope followings will clear up some of the questions.

Please click on the photo to pop up new window for enlarged image.

You will need two cables.

L - Tail Gate Cable: 32109-SL0-000 GBP66.89+VAT
From the engine bay connector #46 through the boot lid to the base of rear wing connector #50.

K - Tail Gate Sub Cable: 32106-SL0-000 GBP61.12+VAT
From the connector #50 placed inside of boot lid through rear wing to LED brake light connector #571.

There is no push pin connector used on OEM cable near the gas damper.

Considering the price of the two cables, it would be best to use the existing mating blanking connector inside the engine bay and use it to create your own loom upto the LED brake light. Or, find used ones.

You need to review the method of water proofing the hole at the boot lid near the left gas damper as well as at the base of left side rear wing where you can't see it when it is assembled.

Some extra photos to understand the routing of the cable.
6785 6787 6786

Regards,
Kaz

Sudesh
20-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Great info Kaz!

Think DIY route is best on this one, £150 for a bit of wiring!! Not really surprised though, prices also went up from the link SS posted.

m666 edd
20-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the well written info. I had a quick look at the link and it didn't make too much sence as I haven't physically looked at it on the car yet.

This additional info should make it simple. Would definitely be making the cables then.

Thanks.

NSXGB
21-04-2010, 07:45 AM
I would be interested to know if any other honda models use an identical engine bay plug, I could do with redoing mine.
You will find that the plug in the engine bay will have both male and female sides there already but not the internal electrical connectors to go onwards into your new loom.

mutley
21-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I went the DIY route on mine, works a treat.

Jim

Sudesh
21-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Was researching this today and checking part numbers, hopefully have details soon. But I can confirm, the connectors are shared with other Honda models.

I would be interested to know if any other honda models use an identical engine bay plug, I could do with redoing mine.
You will find that the plug in the engine bay will have both male and female sides there already but not the internal electrical connectors to go onwards into your new loom.

Kaz-kzukNA1
21-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Thought you are after the used ones but if you are after the new ones, then that's easy for me.
It's for Honda production cars so it is from Sumitomo Wiring Systems.
6791 6792

Parts number and info as follows;
http://swsct.sws.co.jp/components/en/housing.asp?number_s=61810070hws

http://swsct.sws.co.jp/components/en/housing.asp?number_s=61890129hws

I don't think you can get hold of them through RS or Farnell.

I think I have some spare of these connecotors but I'm quite sure I ran out of spare water proof sealed terminals.

It's quite easy to get hold of them from Japan as they are normally in stock.

I had to order them in a certain number of batch but I may try my ex-colleagues to get hold of few of them as I need them for other projects.

They are widely used on Honda production cars and some of other Japanese production cars.

Regards,
Kaz

NSXGB
25-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I managed to get a couple from my local scrap yard. FYI, I found the plugs in an Accord engine bay, just below the windscreen washer bottle.

AR
25-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I was about to mentioned that they are used on period Hondas. :)

Sudesh
26-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah also seen these on other Hondas, I also think they can be purchased from Honda new although the parts pic I have isnt clear. There are other plugs that can be bought new too along with the pins and wiring

Nick Graves
02-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Here's a great place for pins & crimp kitss & stuff for making up your own looms:

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/home/homepage.php

m666 edd
19-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Just got the centre brake light working.

Ended up using 4x 2.8mm female spade connectors (slightly smaller might have been better) with shrink wrap rather than finding some connectors for now.

I bought a spoiler with centre brake light and luckily it came with the cable that runs inside the spoiler.

If I'm ever at a scrappy I may look for a connector but this is good enough.

Got a spare spoiler now if anyone needs one :)

malc8148
09-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeh,mine does too.......simple install.
Malc