PDA

View Full Version : Got my NSX

rocco1
24-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello all,well today i am a very proud owner of whats got to be one of the finest example of an original NSX, ive owned Lambos both the G and the Murcie,and some how i seem much happier with this NSX than any of the Lambo's.I would also like to thank Barry for keeping hold of this car for me,and what a gent this man is,thanks again for selling me youre treasured dream car and as you know its gone to a very good home.Well im off now to enjoy this beauty,thanks to everyone who contributed towards this forum, will post some pictures soon.Tony(rocco)

nobby
24-04-2010, 06:33 PM
You luck sod! ;)

health to enjoy ... a superb example of this fine motor

hopefully I can join the lucky owners within this forum very soon with my an NSX of my own

congrats

Dragonlady
24-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Well done, now go and drive it!

Ian

nakamichi
24-04-2010, 06:57 PM
congratulations:)
only got mine yesterday,so I know how you feel.:D

AR
24-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Congratulations once again, now get some pictures up...of the lovely 964 lol!

Baz
25-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, I let it go after much deliberation. In the end I had four potential buyers almost begging to have first refusal but Rocco was the first to make an acceptable offer which I am very pleased to say resulted in a very smooth and pleasant transaction. Two of the other guys were eventually making slightly higher offers but I had given my word to Rocco that, all being well, he was going to be the lucky new owner of my very much loved car. And I have to say I couldn't have chosen a nicer guy with whom to do a deal.

I would like to take this final opportunity to thank all on here who have kindly supplied answers to the variouys questions I have posted over the last few years - its so nice to know there is always someone out there who is happy to provide an answer to practically any question.

Finally I hope Rocco continues to enjoy and treasure this fantastic car.

All the best,

Baz

nobby
25-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi Barry

are you gonna replace the NSX with something else?

Rocco is a very lucky man, just wish i had the coinage and I would have snapped this up days ago ;)

all the best in the future whatever you decide to do car wise

SILVER BULLET
25-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Welcome to NSX ownership Rocco,and commiserations to Baz, i'm sure you are already missing your car.

Rocco, Japfest is just is just 3 weeks away , we still have places available for our NSX only track session so don't delay get your name down.

Cheers,

Ian

Nick Graves
25-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Congrats indeed; I suspected it might fly.

BTW; if you are so minded, the tinted windows can be sorted with a steam cleaner & patiently peeling, so as not to leave a gluey residue behind.

Papalazarou
25-04-2010, 12:07 PM

BTW; if you are so minded, the tinted windows can be sorted with a steam cleaner & patiently peeling, so as not to leave a gluey residue behind.

I think the tinted windows look pretty good.

Cheers,

James

NSXGB
25-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the fold.

JP825
25-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Congratulation!!:)

markc
25-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Yes, well done Tony and welcome to our small but perfectly formed club :)

I think the tinted windows look pretty good.

Cheers,

James

Even if you do like it, as it ages it will get scratched and start to peel at the edges so it will have to come off at some point. Probably a job for the professionals (the guys that install the tints) at that time as you don't want to damage the screen heating element. Personally I'd do it yesterday ;)

Cheers

Mark

m666 edd
25-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I've had window tints on my daily car for about 4 years and theres no pealing or scratches. I couldn't live without them now as they save you boiling and getting burnt in the summer. I really notice the difference when in the NSX.

gumball
25-04-2010, 06:00 PM
My dad got three points and a fine for having tinted windows, :hehe:
quite rare for that to happen though I think.

TheSebringOne
25-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Congratulations on your quick sale of a lovely example Barry and sad lost too, but congratulations Rocco on your new purchase.

markc
25-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I've had window tints on my daily car for about 4 years and theres no pealing or scratches. I couldn't live without them now as they save you boiling and getting burnt in the summer. I really notice the difference when in the NSX.

Boiling and getting burnt, are you sure you lived in the UK during his period? ;)

My dad got three points and a fine for having tinted windows, :hehe:
quite rare for that to happen though I think.

Err, Premiership footballers... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/8641564.stm A £30 fine, that'll teach 'em :)

Cheers

Mark

rocco1
25-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Yes i am a lucky man buying Barry's car,as i dont think you guys realise what an example this machine is.Ive had the wheels off cleaned it under the arches and you wont believe how clean it is.Underneath the car is like brand new,and what amazes me the most,the colour of the oil,it looks like it is still in a 5ltr tub!!! I am changing the wheels to 18" OZ Ultra Leggras and maybe a sportier exhaust (needs that extra note)and finally an induction intake,all simple mods.My wife always has a dig at me about my 964t,but this NSX she thinks its ok( mabe because i bought her a S2000).Have to say again what a small price to pay for an incredable machine,like ive said done the Lambo's Fezza's and Porkers and payed up to four times more than the NSX(i kid you not) and to me i think this is a better car(not inc the 964t) cant get over how quick she is.Oh buy the way i didnt drive the NSX home i got it deliverd home curtesy of the AA (230 miles) Will post some pics when i get a minute.By the way i must hold the record for road testing a car,200 yards.Thats how good and well maintained this car is.

Papalazarou
26-04-2010, 08:53 AM
You might want to consider 17 front, 18 rear. Or ideally stay with 17's allround. The car will ride much better and you won't lose the steering feel. I had 18's on my last NSX for a short time and they were shocking.

Cheers,

James

Sudesh
26-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Congrats on the great purchase! Personally I wouldnt change the wheels, think they look great on the car, although if you do decided to change I'm sure you would have no issues selling the OEM ones lol

AR
26-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Tony,

You have a PM/E-mail regarding the wheels.

Cheers,

AR

markc
26-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Ive had the wheels off cleaned it under the arches and you wont believe how clean it is.Underneath the car is like brand new...

So you've ogled and fondled the beautiful forged suspension arms then? They're so much nicer and more elegant than any run of the mill Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini aren't they :)

Cheers

Mark

Minch
26-04-2010, 12:52 PM
congratulations:)
only got mine yesterday,so I know how you feel.:D

Hope you enjoy it Tony! :)

ZX12R here we come!

Senninha
27-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Hi Tony,

Well done and I look forward to meeting you at Japfest in a few weeks time ... I have your ticket waiting, just let me know!

Two comments on the wheels, dont sell the OEM, they are rarer than hens teeth and should you ever sell you can revert back. Secondly, as James says, consider the 17/18 combo rather than 18's all round for retained feel, just be careful to shoose the right offsets for the NSX and you'll have no issues with rubbing.

Regards, Paul

nigel
27-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Barry,
Don't fiddle about to long and get looking straight away for a replacement.
No time like NOW for another Type-R you know.

Cheers
nigel