PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know this NSXA?

Senninha
06-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Hi,

I've recently joined the NSXCB, and am embarking upon a search that I hope will fulfil a dream. Taking advise from this forum, I intend to drive both manual and auto version as part of the process. The NSX below has been advertised for a number of months and I'm curious to know if any members know of this car or have a view as to why it has been on sale for so long?

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=8881&pageid=1

Flinty
07-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I dont know the car, but my observations:

I looked for an NSX (and bought one) in Feb 05. This car was about then altho i didnt look at it, cos it's an Auto. Auto's are not as popular as manuals. Personally i wouldnt buy one, not as good to drive and resale will always be a problem.

I think it will be a Charlotte Green car (Emerald Black is a clever description, cos 'Charlotte' implies girly/soft (a typical Japanese faux pas). IMO it's a good hard colour - very dark green - ask BrownBear or me.... we both have one altho mine has black leather. Brown is a personal thing, but green/brown is not always popular.

It's a little pricey. Brownbear has an excellent car with the same combo, lower miles, altho his is a Targa with more desirable manual g.box. Check in with him as i think he's still on the market. BB's is well known on the forum and is reportedly a vvv good car.

I wouldnt be tempted to pay more than £20k for the car, regardless of condition. Even if it were the best on the market, the combo of Green/Brown/Auto is not popular and it's clearly proving hard to shift.

If you want to see a couple of cars to guage condition - i'm in Braintree (not for sale) and there are a few other Essex/Kent owners on the forum, who'd probably be pleased to land a hand.

Cheers and good luck.

P.S - drive a manual - soooo much better (unless you need an auto for health or similar reasons of course)

BrownBear
07-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks, Flinty, for the kind words -

Yes, my car's still for sale - I quite like the Tan interior (no - it wasn't something I was after - but it suits the car perfectly once you see it).

Car is here
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=810

- if you'd prefer to 'go private', please contact me direct and we can sort something out ;)

Sagacitas
07-10-2005, 11:39 AM
The car you have mentioned (not BrownBrear's) has been listed for well over a year. yes I have been looking at NSXs for that long. :(

I have not looked at it. If you do investigate let us all know what you find. And if you can use the fact that it has been advertised for more than a year (all the time in AutoTrader) to get a good discount - all the better. :P

Richard

Senninha
07-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Flinty,

I agree that the Emerald looks good, I'm undecided about the interior and would decide based upon on the 'whole' car. Current first choice would be for the black/black combo.
Thank you for the offer to veiw your P&J, I may be in touch again soon for your details.

Brownbear,

I have previously looked at your very shiny 'radio controlled' NSX here on the forum. It looks superb and Flinty is very complementary. Unfortunately its outside my budget.

Richard,
No problem, if I do view, I'll certainly post any info. How many have you veiwed during your 12 month search?

Clive
09-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Quote: "I think it will be a Charlotte Green car (Emerald Black is a clever description, because 'Charlotte' implies girly/soft (a typical Japanese faux pas)."

I'm sure you know this already, but it's Charlotte Green not because it's girly but after Charlotte Raceway in the US. In fact, most of the original NSX colours were named after tracks:

Formula Red (well nearly)
Imola Orange
GP White
Sebring Silver
Indy Yellow
Silverstone Silver (available in the US)

Clive