PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Type R

Flinty
07-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Just looked at TopMarques.

2004 Type R for sale - Reg N5XRR.

Anyone on the forum ? I thought there was only one in the UK. Doubt i can afford it, even selling mine, but hey ho.

BrownBear
07-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Yep, it's Davids (aka Fusilov) - How much was it up for?

Time for simon to get his chequebook out..:)

Flinty
07-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Price on Application i guess - "Serious enquiries only".

Mucho Wonga me thinks. I'm off to the Nationwide......

simonprelude
07-10-2005, 03:50 PM
The last price I heard I wasn't interested in.
Got enquiries out at the moment about 'another' car.

Yep, it's Davids (aka Fusilov) - How much was it up for?

Time for simon to get his chequebook out..:)

qureshia
07-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Has anyone got a link to the ad (online) I have checked out www.TopMarques.co.uk but can not find the car ?

cheers

BrownBear
08-10-2005, 11:11 AM
It's only in the magazine at the moment - I think the online ads trail about a week behind the publication (otherwise no-one would buy it!)

qureshia
08-10-2005, 05:54 PM
cheers

I went to see the 2004 3.2 blue std NSX you commented on, absolutely as new and only £41k !!

Unfortunately someone had a deposit on it … have to say a type r would be great..Unless it is silly money … anyone got a view on what it could be worth

ChrisR
08-10-2005, 08:53 PM
I heard that the owner had previously been offered £85k but turned it down - don't know if it's true?

jaytip
08-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I heard that the owner had previously been offered £85k but turned it down - don't know if it's true?
85k :shock: sorry but thats(almost) used gallardo money.The nsx-r is a nice car but if i was spending that sort of cash i know which one i would go for.

simonprelude
08-10-2005, 10:12 PM
I heard he was making his way over to Hudsons of London today to discuss selling :)

I was busy drooling ove the Zonda's

jaytip
09-10-2005, 03:41 AM
I heard he was making his way over to Hudsons of London
:?: what is that place?

ctrlaltdelboy
09-10-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.hudsonsoflondon.com/

simonprelude
09-10-2005, 08:30 PM
That's the place, the Yellow Zonda convertible is very nice :)

http://www.hudsonsoflondon.com/

swlabhot
13-10-2005, 09:59 AM
I spoke to the owner at JAE and was told that he was previously offered six figues but he turned it down..... :shock: <shrug>

If I was offered that, I would sell it in a heartbeat..

simonprelude
13-10-2005, 10:36 AM
Well the £120k I had heard was not unrealistic for what he wants then ??

Hmm NSX-R or a Lambo ??

Er ??

Rob_Fenn
18-10-2005, 06:28 PM
What! Anyone know how much an NSX-R is literally worth if you converted Yen to Sterling?

-Rob

ctrlaltdelboy
18-10-2005, 09:51 PM
I believe they are 11,957,000 yen in Japan

at today's exchange rates that would be £59k

but don't forget to add...

shipping at £1k
duty at £6k
VAT at 11.5k

total = a little under £80k

wgmr
22-11-2005, 09:38 PM
six figs is madness!! Daren I bet your car is faster anyway!

ctrlaltdelboy
22-11-2005, 10:48 PM
I reckon you are right Will :lol:

Rob_Fenn
24-11-2005, 12:27 PM
I'd still love one, i'd pay up to 911 GT3RS money, if i had that kind of money :D

osiris_x11
30-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Any updates on the '04 NSX-R that was being offered for sale?!? :?:

I had the opportunity to see it about a year and a half ago at an imports gathering (thanks Brown Bear! 8) ). It was even better in person!

Being RHD and no factory-kits to do switch to LHD, I'm sure many interested parties in the U.S. couldn't make a move on this. That's such irony as the trend in the U.S. lately has been to convert personally owned '02+ NSX-T's to the NA2 NSX-R!?! Two individuals have done it recently, RyanITV & serialNSXer on www.NSXPrime.com. The former kept the roof as a "T" on his '05 but has a Comptech Supercharger, whereas the latter retro-fabricated a coupe's roof to the frame of his '02. Both are mirror images of the JDM NSX-R... :mrgreen:

simonprelude
30-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I doubt the NSX-R would meet US regulations, this has put some people off importing one even as a RHD car.

Any updates on the '04 NSX-R that was being offered for sale?!? :?:

I had the opportunity to see it about a year and a half ago at an imports gathering (thanks Brown Bear! 8) ). It was even better in person!

Being RHD and no factory-kits to do switch to LHD, I'm sure many interested parties in the U.S. couldn't make a move on this. That's such irony as the trend in the U.S. lately has been to convert personally owned '02+ NSX-T's to the NA2 NSX-R!?! Two individuals have done it recently, RyanITV & serialNSXer on www.NSXPrime.com. The former kept the roof as a "T" on his '05 but has a Comptech Supercharger, whereas the latter retro-fabricated a coupe's roof to the frame of his '02. Both are mirror images of the JDM NSX-R... :mrgreen:

jaytip
30-11-2005, 05:33 PM
why wouldn't the type-R meet US regs? it's basically the same car as they already have albeit a bit lighter,faster and rarer :?

osiris_x11
30-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I doubt the NSX-R would meet US regulations, this has put some people off importing one even as a RHD car.

The '04 NSX-R in question wouldn't need to be "federalised" like a Nissan Skyline or Porsche 959 would have to be in order to be registered and considered road worthy (ie. crash-tests, complete DOT/EPA workup, etc). It would just require emissions testing and perhaps slight tuning to be on par w/ US Federal regulations, as per EPA. Also there would be state sales tax for importation of a vehicle. I'm sure I've over-simplified it, but my point is that it can be done through proper channels; whereas w/ some cars (Skyline, etc) it's just about impossible.

If it was possible to acquire the NSX-R for $100k, a friend and myself would buy-it immediately. However, that is unlikey as per the premium desired by the owner. And I can't justify spending more than that simply based on personal principles.

EPA = Environmental Protection Agency (Federal agency)
DOT = Department of Transportation (Federal agency)
DMV = Department of Motor Vehicles (State agency)
DPS = Department of Public Safety (State agency)