PDA

View Full Version : Removing headers

gumball
29-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi all, I'm half way through removing the headers, I've taken the rear one off but the front one is a pain, is it ok to remove the front engine mount/cross member? It looks to be just for the engine mount but don't fancy some nasty suprises.

Thanks.

eclipse1501
29-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I believe you have to (from when mine were replaced) but there will be guidance on Prime no doubt given how common they are over there.

goldnsx
29-05-2010, 04:56 PM
You should have started with the front one. :D The beam has to come out, yes. Maybe A/C compressor too just the get easier to one bolt of the header. It's not rocket science, it's just to know how. ;)

gumball
29-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Pheww and swear words, that was a long day.
All buttoned up, pity the O2 wires are too short..... :(

Kaz-kzukNA1
29-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi, gumball.

Looks like you were installing the aftermarket headers.

I beleive you have the NA1 NSX so if you are re-using the original O2 sensors and having trouble with the wire length, try using the original Front O2 sensor at the rear position.
The OEM Front O2 sensor has longer wire than the Rear one. If successful, you only need one extension loom for the Front bank.

I was also installing my headers from this afternoon after the F1 Qualify.
Nearly done but still needs some tidy up and reset of ECU....

Regards,
Kaz

gumball
30-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Hi Kaz, thanks, I was suffering with some brain fade last night after the long day , I have a pack of wires in the box the headers came in I had forgotten about :doh: :)

Is the reset essential, or to speed up the adaption?

Thanks.

NSXGB
30-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Is the reset essential, or to speed up the adaption?

Thanks.

Reset always advisable, as you say, it will speed up adaption.

Surely the battery should be disconnected before any work started...Haynes manual stylee :)

gumball
31-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Probably a bad idea to post a pic here for critique, but anyhow...
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/DSC_0001.jpg

I fitted the GTLW a couple of weeks ago and found (as people have said) it quite boomy But now the Taitec headers are fitted this has gone, also a crisper sound with improved response. :bigsmile:

What's the verdict with your headers Kaz?

AR
04-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Is that ceramic coating? Very nice, what's with the marigolds!

gumball
04-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Yep, I took the plunge and went the ceramic rout, maybe I should have cured the oil leak first, lol.
The gloves are a half baked attempt at not scratching the paint on the lift points. :)