PDA

View Full Version : Damn Radio

Lankstarr
23-06-2010, 06:17 AM
No, not a new radio station but an annoyance with my radio on the new NSX.

It struggles to find radio stations, the problem is intermittant but I can never lock on Radio 1 (for example). It finds it on the preset with a perfect signal and then beeps at me after 2-3 seconds.

Any ideas what this might be or how to stop it?

The old NSX had a similar problem but it only came up every now and again and not for long when it did. This one is nearly constant and very annoying!

Cheers,

Luke

Papalazarou
23-06-2010, 07:09 AM
No, not a new radio station but an annoyance with my radio on the new NSX.

It struggles to find radio stations, the problem is intermittant but I can never lock on Radio 1 (for example).
Cheers,

Luke

Sounds like it's doing you a favour. Perhaps the Japanese built in a filter that block any transmission devoid of content.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
23-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Sounds like it's doing you a favour. Perhaps the Japanese built in a filter that block any transmission devoid of content.
Cheers,
James.

Damn, you beat me to that one! Is this happenning everywhere or just in certain areas? Have you tried saving the station on alternative transmission wavelengths?

Hagasan
23-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Without looking in the manual.....RTFM in my line of work......Is there a seek option on these old radios? You know, the LOC, DX type of thing....These settings usually set the sensitivity of the tuner and it could be that.....If I was able to at the moment I'd check my own manual first to explain what I mean but it I can't however it might be as simple as that seek setting

Nick Graves
23-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Assuming the twig's not loose or coming unplugged, try a power disconnect (no, I don't work in IT!) to clear it entirely.

If that fails, it's probably time for a rebuild. Or a DAB kit...

nobby
23-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I COMPLETELY agree, its definitely got a 'taste' monitor included. LUCKY YOU! ;)

On a serious note it could be that the amp (if it has one) in your aerial has gone too/loose wiring to your antenna, this happened in my evo before i sold it

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
23-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Try switching the "AS" off and "TPA"

TheSebringOne
24-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry this may not be the answer Luke, but the NSX is well known for poor radio reception and it doesn't help thats its alu.

Lankstarr
25-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the info guys; I think a reboot and check connectors at the aerial end is in order. It happens everywhere and it's not just Rad 1, I've played with tps settings etc and have several different presets for heart, none of which work!

I'm not sure I can face Reading the radio manual! Hopefully a proper install will follow in the next 12 months but until then I'm using the car a lot so need ideas!

I'll give these a go this weekend, clock fuse to reset the radio I presume?

Sudesh
25-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I'll give these a go this weekend, clock fuse to reset the radio I presume?

I dont think pulling the clock fuse will help. I would go with disconnecting the battery or unplugging the radio at the socket.

Nick Graves
25-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Sorry this may not be the answer Luke, but the NSX is well known for poor radio reception and it doesn't help thats its alu.

I thought the lack of a magnetic surface as a dipole reflector might be a problem with my DAB, but no, reception on that is superb. Whereas the Bose sounded deeply unimpressive on FM, it actually sounds quite reasonable. Despite having a Wave CD in the office, I'm not really a Bose fan.

I think the problem (around here) is crap analogue. In fact, I do wonder if it's "getting worse" in order to force people to switch to DAB, which had otherwise been an epic fail? Sort of like when CDs first came out & mag tape became so thin it stretched after the first play...

Lankstarr
25-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Good old clock fuse saved the day!

Nick Graves
25-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Good ol' Ctrl+Alt+Del!