PDA

View Full Version : Black NA2 NSX

Marky
29-06-2010, 07:24 PM
nearly ready for collection, at Honda Chiswick

Nick Graves
29-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Looks gorgeous!

I like black cars. Except for the swirl marks. At least I've only 1 1/2 black cars in the garage!

Pampos
30-06-2010, 03:24 AM
looks great..Black is amazing but as you said the swirl marks are big problem on Honda's soft paint :(....

Sudesh
30-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Beautiful car, really taken a shine to the black in the NSX, especially Pauls with the red leather. Have you decided on you interior change yet Mark?

Marky
30-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Yes, definitely changing the interior to black, and probably putting the Recaro pole Positions. Just trying to get a couple of quotes to do the job. Plans quoted £2500 all in.

Keeping it clean will not be easy, but covering it up when it's in the garage helps :)

Hagasan
01-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Yes, definitely changing the interior to black, and probably putting the Recaro pole Positions. Just trying to get a couple of quotes to do the job. Plans quoted £2500 all in.

Keeping it clean will not be easy, but covering it up when it's in the garage helps :)

Hi Mark,

I've got leather PP's with perforated cushions to match the door cards etc and I think I paid about £1400 for those. I'll check tonight if I remember. I modified standard electric runners with one off side mount brackets to mimic the way the NSX-R does it.

It might be worth you looking on NSXPrime for the Downforce thread on their Replica NSX-R seats....I'd go that way before Planns as you could get a quality custom finish etc....

Gary

Marky
01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi Gary

thanks for that. Who did the work for you? Do you have any photos?

Marky
02-07-2010, 09:57 AM
OK I want to get this done in July. Apart from Plans Motorsport is there anyone else who can replace carpets and fit recaro's, maybe closer to London? I saw all the posts about the Recaro's. I saw Capital Seating can supply and fit but do I need to order rails from the US? Help...

Hagasan
02-07-2010, 10:28 AM
OK I want to get this done in July. Apart from Plans Motorsport is there anyone else who can replace carpets and fit recaro's, maybe closer to London? I saw all the posts about the Recaro's. I saw Capital Seating can supply and fit but do I need to order rails from the US? Help...

I got my set from Capital Seating. Simon, NSXGB also got his there. As I said, I made up my own runners assembly but this was because there was nothing commercially available quickly at the time. Simon went the Bride RO route and then had to have side mount brackets made up.

You'll either way you'll need to fabricate the side mounts however I just remembered, the best bet is probably the Science of Speed runners as they should now have them in stock http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/Speed_Engineering/sliding_seat_mount/

They are good with email response but probably quicker calling them, very helpful on the phone. Brian, Jeff or Chris..

Hope this helps as these routes should save you on a £2.5k price

Update: I was just on the phone speaking to Jeff at SoS at 7pm. He said they do have the seat rails in stock..In my opinion and if I was doing the seat mod now these are the rails I'd get as they are the plug & play solution.

Oh and it's the Pole Position ABE's you need to get for the seat belt compatibility

Marky
03-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks Gary. I just sent an email to Brian and requested the side mounts. I want my interior to look like this:

http://www.nsx1.com/images/seats/nsx-r_seats_018_800.jpg

Are these the Recaro Pole Positions (ABE)?

Sudesh
03-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Those are the GENUINE NSX-R seats!

Thanks Gary. I just sent an email to Brian and requested the side mounts. I want my interior to look like this:

Are these the Recaro Pole Positions (ABE)?

AR
03-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Those are the GENUINE NSX-R seats!

It can look like that but it will likely eat up £15k!

NSXGB
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Marky, Capital Seating will make your seat covers up how you want. Send the photo you've posted above to them.... You could even get the backs of the seats wrapped (probably not by them though) to look like the OEM Type R ones if that's what you want.

Marky
03-07-2010, 11:46 PM
How do you know those are original seats and not pole positions that have been wrapped in carbon?

Sudesh
04-07-2010, 12:06 AM
I havent seen PP wrapped in carbon yet? not even a vinyl overlay in the NSX-R carbon color.

Also the GENUINE NSX-R seats are slightly different in dimensions and a real give away is the head rest shape.

Recaro PP's

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/7.jpg

REAL NSX-R seats

How do you know those are original seats and not pole positions that have been wrapped in carbon?

NSXGB
04-07-2010, 12:29 AM
...seat belt clasp hole is a lot smaller on the genuine seats too.

Comparing the two side by side makes the PP's look a little chunky.

Marky
04-07-2010, 01:46 AM
I wondered why lookedso damn good :rolleyes:

I guess no chance to find original second hand NSX-R seats? It has put me off buying Pole Positions now.... :(

AR
04-07-2010, 05:11 AM

Because we know...:)

Look at the holes for the switch and the mould.

Nothing wrong with PP but those are not PP.

Hagasan
04-07-2010, 06:03 AM
I wondered why lookedso damn good :rolleyes:

I guess no chance to find original second hand NSX-R seats? It has put me off buying Pole Positions now.... :(

We'll unless you want to spend mega wads on genuine seats and runners then you'll have to go the Downforce route to "get the look"

Genuine seats are quite narrow whereas PP's are a little more generous....Depends on your size whether you'll even fit in the genuine seats...

TheSebringOne
08-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry a bit late on this, but a black NSX is one of my fave colours & rare too. Looks great Marky! :thumbsup:

Marky
09-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Thank you. Collected it today from Honda Chiswick. I have wanted a black NSX for a couple of years after I spotted one driving past me in NW London. I am keeping the interior standard but have a Procar CF rear spoiler on order and a Procar CF airbox. I am so up for meeting this Sunday if anyone lives within 20 miles of NW London. Will take photos over the weekend and post.