PDA

View Full Version : Intake: Blitz Sonic vs Gruppe M vs Downforce

jaffaz32
04-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Looking at the following intakes.

Downforce is the only manufacture that clearly state and bhp gains which is 8bhp.

It is also the most expensive. It is based on the Mugen.

Gruppe M is meant to be one of only a few filters to give gains on the nsx, cheaper than downforce and looks great. however can't find any bhp claims or gains stated any where.

and then the Blitz Sonic is a similar design to both the Gruppe M and the Downforce in terms of it being a enclosed type filter rather than a open cone. I am assuming it will give gains as i can't find any NSX owners with one.

From what i can make out, open filters like K&N etc. are rubbish on the nsx. The next best is replacement filters in the stock box.

Does anyone know what gains the Gruppe M or Blitz are meant to give?

Also anyone with any of these filters please comment on them.

Thanks.

Sudesh
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Personally from experience on all kinds of cars, NO intake will give you anything other than induction noise; in some cases you actually loose HP. You need to be running other upgrades for a CAI to work, exhaust, headers or SC/Turbo etc

I have a CAI on my car, which is pretty much standard other than a recent exhaust upgrade. I'm thinking of going back to the OEM box, but going to DYNO the car just to see what the differences is between CAI and Stock intake.

jaffaz32
04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
That would be interesting to see. Like you have said most filters do nothing or loose bhp but apparently Downforce and Gruppe M give you small gains, Downforce list 8 bhp on their site. Well they state stock and then bhp with their filter which is a 8.2 increase over stock. for $1090 upgrade it is very expensive to get only 8.2 bhp however the look and sound helps to justify the expense and i guess every little helps. I don't think Downforce would make claims if it wasn't true i know companies do but i think Downforce are one of the genuine ones.

I will be running with Big Bore Throttle Body, Cantrell Headers, possibly decats if i can handle the noise lol if not sport cats and exhaust system to be decided but leaning towards the Taitec FN-09 or the GT-ONE Ver6 purely for the sound of it.

A.S. Motorsport
05-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Probably the most complete intake line system available would be the Ritmo Ram intake
http://www.ritmo-1971.com/ritmo_parts/ramair_set1a.jpg

jaffaz32
05-07-2010, 09:55 PM
doh, i tend to get carried away. Already ordered a bigger intake golp at same time of ordering a big bore Throttle Body.

deciding on filter until i buy one.

Leaning towards getting a Taitec FN-09 or GT-one ver6 single tips in inconel.

Need to get some Bride rails ordered and harness bar so i can finally get my seats fitted. Can't wait to get them fitted. :D.