PDA

View Full Version : oil change

amo
07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
found this video on youtube good idea theres a few mistakes but you can see how easy it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsoUv03iToo

thx amo

Sudesh
07-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Seen this on Prime. Its an OK vid but as you say a few things I would or is that wouldnt do lol

amo
07-07-2010, 07:26 PM
a few things to change that i do is make sure oil is warm and take the filter off as the oil is draining also make sure oil cap is open was told makes it easyer to drain
so if i can do an oil change im sure all of us can

thx amo

AR
07-07-2010, 07:28 PM
a few things to change that i do is make sure oil is warm and take the filter off as the oil is draining also make sure oil cap is open was told makes it easyer to drain
so if i can do an oil change im sure all of us can

thx amo

Or you can bring the car to me and we can do it in the pit! :)

amo
07-07-2010, 07:36 PM

we should have made a video that day lol

thx amo

AR
07-07-2010, 07:42 PM
we should have made a video that day lol

thx amo

You got that right! :)

Dave J
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Ary, be carefull making videos with Amo :D He has many strange practices!! I've nearly finished my blue RX7 so you'll have to have a drive her this time, i've even fitted some comfortable seats!!
Dave.

Nick Graves
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Pit or a four-poster seems indispensible.

I can do it on the FWD Hondas merely by parking at the top of the drive with the wheels turned.

I want to change the NSX's tranny fluid, but I can't see **** down there, let alone the filler plug. I'll pay a professional, I think; I'll only end up wearing it.

amo
01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Ary, be carefull making videos with Amo :D He has many strange practices!! I've nearly finished my blue RX7 so you'll have to have a drive her this time, i've even fitted some comfortable seats!!
Dave.

lol bet you'll luv to make a video with me and ary mmmmmmmmmmm lol lol

thx amo

Dave J
01-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Absolutely, it'd be a great video called 'Amo does some work!!!!!' I'm laid up in Prince Charles hospital :(. Thought i'd had a flare up with my Crohns but it looks like i've got gall bladder probs, got to stop in for another night............thank god for mobile broadband :D

amo
01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Absolutely, it'd be a great video called 'Amo does some work!!!!!' I'm laid up in Prince Charles hospital :(. Thought i'd had a flare up with my Crohns but it looks like i've got gall bladder probs, got to stop in for another night............thank god for mobile broadband :D

you want me to pop over bring me kit ill have a go fix you up lol

thx amo

Dave J
01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm fine but thanks for the offer!!!!

AR
01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Dave I hope you get out soon mate and up to your usual self! Yes as soon as I get 5 I will pop down, or is it up? there for a chat.

Best wishes,

Ary

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-08-2010, 08:55 PM
..... I want to change the NSX's tranny fluid, but I can't see **** down there, let alone the filler plug. I'll pay a professional, I think; I'll only end up wearing it.
Hi, Nick.

If you don't mind the extra procedures, you can access the filler plug if you remove the air filter box.
If you can't raise the car high enough, then it would be easier to pour the MTF from the top any way so it may not be an extra procedure after all.

The access is still kind of limited even after removing the air filter box so please make sure that you have proper tools allowing you to torque the filler bolt to the spec.

Kaz