PDA

View Full Version : I want this accesory

NSX 2000
09-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I want one of these

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/nsx/2005/equipment/centerarmrest/?from=rcount

how do I get one?

Sudesh
09-07-2010, 09:09 PM
I know where there is one!!

I want one of these

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/nsx/2005/equipment/centerarmrest/?from=rcount

how do I get one?

Hagasan
09-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Paul, they're overpriced, totally impractical (think elbows) and unstable. I can see the appeal as a stocking filler but no real use other than just halving one....I thought about one a while back and could have had it for $85 but decided not......

On another note, what did you gain (get off/from) the FoS Mugen...or did you buy that as well, slightly damaged?

NSX 2000
10-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Paul, they're overpriced, totally impractical (think elbows) and unstable. I can see the appeal as a stocking filler but no real use other than just halving one....I thought about one a while back and could have had it for $85 but decided not......

On another note, what did you gain (get off/from) the FoS Mugen...or did you buy that as well, slightly damaged?

Hi Gary

I know what you mean about elbows, but it's still better than resting a coffe in the footwell and praying it doesn't spill on the worlds most expensive mats :eek:

With regards to the FoS due to MUGEN's Civic MUGEN being involved in an incindent I let them borrow mine for Firday, Saturday and Sunday to go up the hill in the Super Car Section. It was driven by Tim Harvey each time and I went up as passenger on the Sunday and it was bl00dy amazing :bigsmile:

Tim took me in the Dunhill tent thing where all the drivers and other top people go to get away from the crowds, we sat down at a table and all could I think was I know that person, I know that person etc etc.

Paul

NSX 2000
10-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Spill the beans then or is it a PM kind of thing?

nakamichi
10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I got an overpriced cupholder (£5) from Halfords,secured it with a screw so it doesn't move about,and I can still open the glovebox.

NSXGB
10-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi Gary

I know what you mean about elbows, but it's still better than resting a coffe in the footwell and praying it doesn't spill on the worlds most expensive mats :eek:

Paul, There was quite a good one being sold on Prime and the unreliable NSX trader in the USA sells them if you dare....

jaffaz32
10-07-2010, 08:31 PM
no drinking in my car allowed, maybe a bottle of water at a push :P

nobby
10-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I know you have a fetish for ripping out the interior of my car when you get a chance ... Don't even think about it! LOL! :)

Sudesh
10-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I know you have a fetish for ripping out the interior of my car when you get a chance ... Don't even think about it! LOL! :)

No idea what your talking about Andrew?

Paul I'll PM you the details when I get back home tomorrow.

Senninha
11-07-2010, 12:54 AM
I've had this one for 3 years now ... bought from independent trader on Prime. Cost me about $12 delivered. Holds a selection of drinks really well, including water bottles, Monster cans or a Grande Starbucks :)

MUGEN
11-07-2010, 03:21 PM
With regards to the FoS due to MUGEN's Civic MUGEN being involved in an incindent I let them borrow mine for Firday, Saturday and Sunday to go up the hill in the Super Car Section. It was driven by Tim Harvey each time and I went up as passenger on the Sunday and it was bl00dy amazing :bigsmile:

Tim took me in the Dunhill tent thing where all the drivers and other top people go to get away from the crowds, we sat down at a table and all could I think was I know that person, I know that person etc etc.

Paul

They do say that it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good, so I am glad to see that the passenger trip with Tim Harvey met expectations and went some way to repaying your generosity - thanks again Paul.

Sudesh
12-07-2010, 10:05 AM
This is one I'm looking into making, can be set in and removed easily and is more secure than the other OEM one.

NSX 2000
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
This is one I'm looking into making, can be set in and removed easily and is more secure than the other OEM one.

Will that work if you have the "double flap lid"?

Sudesh
12-07-2010, 10:42 AM

Yeah! I have both arm rests and the template I used worked on both. I can also install small coin trays like in the pic or other type pockets or leave it plain.

Senninha
12-07-2010, 10:43 AM

I would have thought so given that the 'whole' lid lifts as one regardless of number of flaps ;)

Kaz-kzukNA1
12-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi, NSX 2000.

I was not sure which accessories that you were after but if you are interested in the OEM cup holder, you can try mine first and decide what to do.

7216 7217 7218

Parts No.: 83425-SL0-A90ZA
I don't think you can get hold of this through HUK.
In US, RPP is US$176 but discounted to about US$135.
Haven't checked the latest price in Japan.

It just a plastic parts and two studs at the bottom will be inserted to the rubber grommet at the arm rest rearward lid compartment.

As other member mentioned above, it doesn't hold the bottle well. For standard 500ml PET bottle, it will only hold about 1/5 of the body length.
Small cup will be fine but then, depending on your arm length and the way you rest your arm/elbow after gear shifting, not sure whether you are going to knock off the cup or not.

It came with the car when I bought my JDM NSX in 94 but I did't use it.
You can try it for a while and if you like it, you can have it at small offer.
If you don't like it, just return it to me at some point and I'll keep it as my stock or other members can try it.

I'm quite sure we'll meet at one of the meetings in the near future so I can hand it to you.

Regards,
Kaz

NSX 2000
13-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi, NSX 2000.

I was not sure which accessories that you were after but if you are interested in the OEM cup holder, you can try mine first and decide what to do.

7216 7217 7218

Parts No.: 83425-SL0-A90ZA
I don't think you can get hold of this through HUK.
In US, RPP is US$176 but discounted to about US$135.
Haven't checked the latest price in Japan.

It just a plastic parts and two studs at the bottom will be inserted to the rubber grommet at the arm rest rearward lid compartment.

As other member mentioned above, it doesn't hold the bottle well. For standard 500ml PET bottle, it will only hold about 1/5 of the body length.
Small cup will be fine but then, depending on your arm length and the way you rest your arm/elbow after gear shifting, not sure whether you are going to knock off the cup or not.

It came with the car when I bought my JDM NSX in 94 but I did't use it.
You can try it for a while and if you like it, you can have it at small offer.
If you don't like it, just return it to me at some point and I'll keep it as my stock or other members can try it.

I'm quite sure we'll meet at one of the meetings in the near future so I can hand it to you.

Regards,
Kaz

Hi Kaz

This is very kind and generous offer that I would be very pleased to take you up on.

We are both going to the Silverstone classic, I'm going Friday and Saturday, but I think you are only going Sunday, is this correct?

Paul

NSX 2000
13-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Yeah! I have both arm rests and the template I used worked on both. I can also install small coin trays like in the pic or other type pockets or leave it plain.

Hi Sudesh

I could be very intrested in this if the OEM one is not very good.

Paul

Senninha
13-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi Kaz, Paul,

Just an idea but as I'm with Kaz on Wednesday, maybe I could collect and pass to Paul at the weekend as we're both off to Europe.

You can then use Silverstone to eith er return or purchase the part?

HTH, regards, Paul

nobby
13-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Sudesh, I too would be keen on your wee venture re this.

As I have a JDM car this come with mine and folks it's NOT great and certainly not worth the money Honda is looking for this.

No idea what your talking about Andrew?

Paul I'll PM you the details when I get back home tomorrow.

Hi Sudesh

I could be very intrested in this if the OEM one is not very good.

Paul

NSX 2000
13-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi Kaz, Paul,

Just an idea but as I'm with Kaz on Wednesday, maybe I could collect and pass to Paul at the weekend as we're both off to Europe.

You can then use Silverstone to eith er return or purchase the part?

HTH, regards, Paul

Sounds like good idea :)

Senninha
15-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Sounds like good idea :)

Said item has been collected, make sure you leave space as its huuuuuuge, :laugh:

See you at the weekend

regards, Paul