PDA

View Full Version : Heater matrix / dash heater control

Mic
28-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Mine seems to have shorted out and I need the heater control unit from an NA1 NSX.
Anyone got one?

Nick Graves
28-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Dali Racing?

It might be best to get some diagnostics done just in case it is the heater itself. You don't want to blow a second control unit!

Kaz-kzukNA1
29-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi, Mic.
It will help if you can let us know more detail on the problem you are experiencing.
Also, you mentioned NA1 but that's just the engine size so your NSX could be from 1990 or even 2005 if it is AT. What is the year model of your NSX?

If you are experiencing issues such as fan speed control only operates at Max speed, no lights/text on the controller display, etc, then you may want to have a look at the following link and carry out some diagnosis testing.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5940

Hope you don't need to buy new A/C Climate Control Unit (CCU) board as that will be a very expensive one.

Regards,
Kaz

Mic
18-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for the information, the car is a 1991 NSX, manual 3.0.
The unit itself no longer works at all, the unit has been opened up and attempts at repairs have been made, we got it working for a short period of time before it broke again.

What would I expect to pay for one?

NSXGB
18-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for the information, the car is a 1991 NSX, manual 3.0.
The unit itself no longer works at all, the unit has been opened up and attempts at repairs have been made, we got it working for a short period of time before it broke again.

What would I expect to pay for one?

Mic, send it to Kaz to work his magic on. If it's not going to be a viable repair he'll let you know.

Mic
18-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Ill send him a pm now, problem is im very stuck for one as the car is sold and being taken out of the country next week.

Mic
25-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Ok very stuck for this now. My own unit is beyond repair.

NEEDED: 91 NSX AIRCON/HEATER DASH CONTROL UNIT

Kaz-kzukNA1
25-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi, Mic.

Didn't receive any PM from you.
What is the reason that you came to a conclusion that your Control unit (CCU) is beyond repair?

Kaz

Mic
25-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi, Mic.

Didn't receive any PM from you.
What is the reason that you came to a conclusion that your Control unit (CCU) is beyond repair?

Kaz
We have a very good electrics guy in work who does all our ECU work and looked over it, changed things on the board etc and looked through the guide provided. He said it was beyond repair.

Kaz-kzukNA1
26-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi, Mic.

Thank you for the info.
Will send you a PM later.

Regards,
Kaz