PDA

View Full Version : headlight pods wont go down?

highlandsaf
18-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Guys was wondering if you had any suggestions. Wife went shopping today and had car valeted. Driving out the car par she noticed that the headlamp pods were up but the lights were off. Any suggestions

Cheers Steve

markc
18-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Very likely to be poor contacts in or to the dashboard switch. Make sure said headlamp raise/lower switch is in the lower position then try thumping the top of the dashboard on the RHS of the instrument pod.

If the lamps retract, the switch (contacts) is the problem and it needs a bit of contact cleaner sprayed into it. Not from the front of the dash but from behind where connector meets the switch.

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
18-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Did you have the interior cleaned as well? If yes, is there a chance they have pushed in the headlight over-ride button and it just needs pressing again?

Sometimes its the simpliest answer that gets over-looked if a problem occurs (no offence meant)

regards,

Nick Graves
18-08-2010, 05:57 PM
:D

I was thinking exactly the same. Like when the passenger door window mysteriously stops working.

AR
18-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Or the boot release wont work!!!

Hope that is all there is and nothing more.

We all done it at one point!

highlandsaf
18-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Guys I feel a T**t The fault was the over ride switch so panic over!!! I must say the wife uses the car a lot more than me and that's my excuse????

Thanks guys I jut go and hide !!!!