PDA

View Full Version : Hello again from Scotland

Phase4
11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi,

It seems my last posting was back in 2008.

We hardly used the NSX last year, but I put a few miles on it this year running down from Glasgow to Portpatrick one sunny evening. Nice trip marred by the 30 odd average speed cameras over 30 odd miles between Kilmarnock and Girvan. However, passing the last one involved much downshifting and Vtec-ness from there to Portie-P.

Coming back in the dark was fun, even allowing for the dancing headlights.

Are there many Scottish owners, and do they ever have a get together? It would be nice to meet up with other owners.

The red NSX that sat outside the Lothian and Border Police HQ at Fettes seems to have gone as I have not seen it for a while.

One tor two little things to fiddle with one the car (both mentioned in Sudesh's excellent thread (aerial not retracting fully and loose volume knob on the radio). Hopefully, he can answer a couple of my questions before I have a look at them.

Still enjoying the car, even if it hardly gets used.

All the best
Sandy and Linda

NSX 2000
11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi,

We hardly used the NSX last year, but I put a few miles on it this year running down from Glasgow to Portpatrick one sunny evening. Nice trip marred by the 30 odd average speed cameras over 30 odd miles between Kilmarnock and Girvan. However, passing the last one involved much downshifting and Vtec-ness from there to Portie-P.

Are there many Scottish owners, and do they ever have a get together? It would be nice to meet up with other owners.

The red NSX that sat outside the Lothian and Border Police HQ at Fettes seems to have gone as I have not seen it for a while.

One tor two little things to fiddle with one the car (both mentioned in Sudesh's excellent thread (aerial not retracting fully and loose volume knob on the radio). Hopefully, he can answer a couple of my questions before I have a look at them.

All the best
Sandy and Linda

Hi Sandy and Linda

IIRC you only number about 10 to 20 owners in Scotland, however I was up at Knockhill last weekend watching the BTCC and all I can say is the A823 is one nice road:D

Any way why don't you come south at the end of October and join us for the inaugral NSXCB dinner :D

Paul

Phase4
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

We did actually bring the NSX to Supercar Sunday back in 2004 or so to be with the club. This was the one that the 22 DeLoreans were at.

Linda had a great race with a Viper GTS just before we turned off the M4o at Gaydon.

All the best
Sandy

Phase4
13-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Back home so here is the car in Portpatrick and on the way there.

mutley
13-09-2010, 07:41 PM
HI again,

I got your PM and replied. I am currently home on leave (Edinburgh) and always up for a meet.

Jim

Sudesh
22-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi Sandy/Linda

Are you far from "The Crinan" or the "Crinan Hotel/Canal? I frequent there a few times a year.

Hi,

All the best
Sandy and Linda

Senninha
23-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Hi Sandy/Linda

Are you far from "The Crinan" or the "Crinan Hotel/Canal? I frequent there a few times a year.

With or without the NSX Sudesh?

regards, Paul

Sudesh
23-09-2010, 09:47 AM
With or without the NSX Sudesh?

regards, Paul

Haven taken the NSX yet Paul, but was planning too on the next run.

Senninha
23-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Haven taken the NSX yet Paul, but was planning too on the next run.

Give me enough warning and it'll be all the excuse I need for a mini meet north of the border :)

Sudesh
23-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Give me enough warning and it'll be all the excuse I need for a mini meet north of the border :)

Will do! Its a really nice and straight forward drive over for me, an hour to Belfast or Larne this end, over on the HSS or Slow ferry depending on the port and a nice drive then to the Crinan. Was hoping to do a run this month or next actually if the weather would pick up for a weekend.