PDA

View Full Version : electric wing mirror adjustment

madras
21-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I think the mechanism has worn out and my passenger side one wont go outwards electrically anymore - Honda say it needs a whole new wing mirror circa £700!? Is there any easier way to fix it, anyone got one they are breaking? I am told it is the plastic thread that wears.

Cheers.

Sudesh
21-09-2010, 10:15 AM
There are certain parts that can be bought separately, the little square actuator is £110.32+vat

I assume your mirror switch in the door is working ok?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/NSXMIRROR.jpg

britlude
21-09-2010, 05:00 PM
this is spooky as i've just sorted my passenger mirror (Yesterday!!!) which had never done the in/out thing since i got the car! I also took the opportunity to evect the spider living there!

i seperated the mechanism from the housing ( screw 5 on the drawing, lowers a clamp, you don't need to take it right out) then with it still electically connected made sure the adjust mechanism worked with the mirror switch... i think mine was being hung up by the stabiliser pin (3/9 on the drawing slides through a spring clip) a quick clean up and lube and it works fine now!

worth a try...

Sudesh
21-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Good shout Jonathan!

Before I went to manual NSX-R mirrors, my passenger side stopped one day, I gave it a clean and it worked again too.

Kaz-kzukNA1
21-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Hi, madras.

Before removing any parts, please try to push the mirror with your finger up/down/left/right many times and then towards the outwards. This may fix your issue. It may require extra force to start with but eventually, the mirror will move with your finger.

If it didn't fix the issue, then you can remove the mirror assy with ease for further investigation.

From the bottom of the housing, please loosen #5 screw.
Then, gently pull the mirror assy towards you and it will come out like this.
You can try the two actuators in this position.

7537 7538
If the actuator is faulty, then pull the metal bar outwards and slide out the tiny pin to release the mirror from the actuator block. Then, you can replace the actuator block.

Putting back the mirror assy may be tricky if you have never done it before.

Make sure to insert the top section of the mirror assy under these two tabs at the top and then tighten the screw #5 with the bracket.

Kaz

madras
22-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys will give that a go first!

madras
06-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Great, simply moving it in and out 10 or so times and it works again! Presumably this may fail at some point - will taking it apart and cleaning it up help at all or is the plastic liable to just wear out eventually?