PDA

View Full Version : NSXs with provenance

Nick Graves
27-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Inspired by the Senna thread, does anyone out there own an NSX with provenance, great or otherwise?

I realise P27's previous owners included Harvey Postlethwaite and Simon Prelude, for example.

Obviously, if the current owner is a famous or illustrious person, I won't think it immodest of you to post up!

markc
27-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Inspired by the Senna thread, does anyone out there own an NSX with provenance, great or otherwise?

I realise P27's previous owners included Harvey Postlethwaite and Simon Prelude, for example.

Obviously, if the current owner is a famous or illustrious person, I won't think it immodest of you to post up!

I'm not sure that Dr Postlethwaite actually owned P27?

Which brings up a point, try to distinguish between "owned" and "loaned". HUK placed quite a few NSX's with minor celebrities to help(?) bring up their profile. I know that Tara Palmer Tomkinson drove a Midnight purple, late 3Ltr around London for a while.

Cheers

Mark

Mark N
27-09-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure that Mr Postlethwaite actually owned P27?

Which brings up a point, try to distinguish between "owned" and "loaned". HUK placed quite a few NSX's with minor celebrities to help(?) bring up their profile. I know that Tara Palmer Tomkinson drove a Midnight purple, late 3Ltr around London for a while.

Cheers

Mark

Really do you know the registration ?

NSX 2000
27-09-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure that Mr Postlethwaite actually owned P27?

Cheers

Mark

If you get the chance you need to see the footage of her driving the NSX up the Kings Rd with Jeremy Clarkson in the passenger seat, she gives it the full beans and his face:laugh: typical male passenger:D

simonprelude
27-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Really do you know the registration ?

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1457

NoelWatson
27-09-2010, 04:20 PM
I hope this wasn't mine!

http://www.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/08/jensen_button_racer.jpg

Sagacitas
27-09-2010, 06:20 PM
<snip> I know that Tara Palmer Tomkinson drove a Midnight purple, late 3Ltr around London for a while.

Cheers

Mark

I believe she is on record for driving said NSX through London totally starkers. On a dare.

So the providence could be sitting where her bare arse was sitting? :)

markc
27-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I believe she is on record for driving said NSX through London totally starkers. On a dare.

So the providence could be sitting where her bare arse was sitting? :)

I suspect Elton John did the same thing with his! :)

Cheers

Mark

Greybloke
27-09-2010, 06:51 PM

First owner of mine was McLaren, not sure if that's good as it means it's had some interesting drivers, or bad at it's had a good thrashing:no:

I'd like to find out more of it's history...... wonder who looks after the company car records at Mclaren......... Ron?

bobbyswanbourne
27-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Mine is ex Honda press office. Still looking for a test drive report. 96 T manual in silver with red leather..

Sudesh
27-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Not sure if this counts but there were a few NSX's in films and TV shows that people must own now in the US.

Mr Wolf in Pulp Fiction drove a silver NSX
The Hoff drove a red Targa in Baywatch
A girl in Beverly Hill 90210 drove a purple Targa from memory
Think there was one in Fast and the furious

Then there was a few in Top Gear over the years and on Fifth Gear.

NoelWatson
27-09-2010, 07:19 PM
The Hoff drove a red Targa in Baywatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N8PoySowdM

Was he on the way to pick up a burger?

NSXGB
27-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Probably been mentioned before but Ian Botham allegedly had one and of course Vanilla Ice & Rowan Atkinson too.
EDIT: George Clooney too.

WhyOne?
27-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I wonder what became of Gordon Murray's much loved car?

Paul G
27-09-2010, 10:11 PM
My NSX was once owned by Martin Brundle (must be worth a fortune now!) he sold it and brought a Ferrari. I have a letter from his company confirming mileage etc...

I did write to him to see what he thought of the NSX, he must have been busy as I never got a reply ;-(

Nick Graves
28-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Probably been mentioned before but Ian Botham allegedly had one and of course Vanilla Ice & Rowan Atkinson too.
EDIT: George Clooney too.

I've not actually found confirmation that Rowan Atkinson had one; everywhere seems to compare him to Mr. Bean, just because he's had a couple of insurance claims over the years.

He'd definitely be on the 'very approved' list though - talks a lot of sense and likes interesting cars.

I also saw a program(me) about Steve Jobs, when he was driving a black acura NSX-T.

NSXGB
28-09-2010, 03:06 PM
I've not actually found confirmation that Rowan Atkinson had one; everywhere seems to compare him to Mr. Bean, just because he's had a couple of insurance claims over the years.

He'd definitely be on the 'very approved' list though - talks a lot of sense and likes interesting cars.

I also saw a program(me) about Steve Jobs, when he was driving a black acura NSX-T.
I have a magazine article somewhere that suggests the LBB NSX pictured is his. I shall confirm. I seem to remember Clarkson telling a story of someone in a LBB NSX cutting him up on the motorway and it turned out to be Rowan Atkinson.

WhyOne?
28-09-2010, 03:22 PM
QED:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article1126478.ece

NSX 2000
28-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Rowan did have one as in WhyOne? post. IIRC the number plate ended in KKC

NSXGB
28-09-2010, 06:31 PM
QED:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/article1126478.ece

Thanks Ian, that's the one.

TheSebringOne
28-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Didn't George Lucas have one of the first NSX in the US. Think Tom Cruise had one too?

markc
29-09-2010, 03:51 AM
This link to an NSXprime page covers the tenuous and rest of the world (ROW) stuff... http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Media/famous.htm

I think Nick was looking for a more local i.e. UK connection???

Cheers

Mark

Nick Graves
29-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks guys - I'll believe you even if I still get a 404 error with that link!

I mean, it does ring a bell, but when I searched I was getting nothing.

Rowan Atkinson:

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.”

WhyOne?
29-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Yep, I thought that was a great quote as well Nick.