WhyOne?
13-10-2010, 09:57 AM
If you mean this one:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2158964.htm

It is Simon's old car.

Sold by Simon a year or so ago IIRC?

Papalazarou
13-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Wondered where that one had gone. Perhaps Simon will buy it back!??

Cheers,

James.

sutats
13-10-2010, 11:57 AM
It's due a service seeing as last one was carried out in May 09.

NSXGB
13-10-2010, 12:21 PM
First time I've seen it clean. :)

Justin
13-10-2010, 07:13 PM
It's due a service seeing as last one was carried out in May 09.

It's due a biggy by the end of the winter - belts '08.

AR
13-10-2010, 07:15 PM
It's due a biggy by the end of the winter - belts '08.

What do you mean?

Justin
13-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I was factoring in a tb every three years, but now that you mention it, I could well have got confused with a certain temperamental Italian :think:

What is the tb interval on an na2?

AR
13-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Here is some good info:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Maintenance/timing_belt.htm

mutley
14-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Wondered where that one had gone. Perhaps Simon will buy it back!??

Cheers,

James.

Stranger things have happened!!!

Jim

markc
14-10-2010, 10:31 AM
The car is looking lovely and is a steal at that price :)

I wonder where it made 300bhp... and what the new owner has done to find the extra ponies ;)

Our definitive dyno day... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
14-10-2010, 10:14 PM
.....I wonder where it made 300bhp... and what the new owner has done to find the extra ponies ;)

These numbers are from Simon's lone day at the earlier RR venue ..... P27 has yet to make it to TDI

That car has a lot of history and is a great price for some one ....

Someone's signature says they are looking for Manual ... should jump on this one while you can IMO

AR
14-10-2010, 11:19 PM
No 3.2 should sell for less than £ 25K.

simonprelude
15-10-2010, 08:10 AM
These numbers are from Simon's lone day at the earlier RR venue ..... P27 has yet to make it to TDI

That car has a lot of history and is a great price for some one ....

Someone's signature says they are looking for Manual ... should jump on this one while you can IMO

P27 did make it to TDI and I can't remember the exact figure but it was by far the most powerful standard car :)

Rob_Fenn
15-10-2010, 08:53 AM
You should buy it back!

simonprelude
15-10-2010, 08:56 AM
You should buy it back!

Not interested.......... it's not Green or Italian ;)

Rob_Fenn
15-10-2010, 08:58 AM
???

http://cdn.wn.com/ph/img/52/a3/d35cd43b0d518b1804d0ad046212-grande.jpg

simonprelude
15-10-2010, 10:03 AM
???

http://cdn.wn.com/ph/img/52/a3/d35cd43b0d518b1804d0ad046212-grande.jpg

That's the one.......... where did you find it and how much?

Justin
15-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Someone's trying to persuade their missus on the IOP... :undecided:

Sudesh
15-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Would be the only IOP in N.I/Ireland that I know off Justin, if you bought it! And possibly the only 3.2 pop up model, I cant find my N.I/Ireland register, but dont recall a 3.2 pop up on it. Good price too.

simonprelude
15-10-2010, 12:56 PM

It is amazing in the sun :)

(Hence why my current S2000 is NIOP)

nobby
15-10-2010, 03:37 PM
LOL!

JUST GET IT BOUGHT man! She can grow to like it! :D

least of your worries ... you might get 'all picture and no sound' for a bit but it will pass or liklihood you will be in the garage with it anyways so a small price to pay for the LONGER gain :laugh:

i'd be over like a wippet for this baby ... looks sweet.

be nice to know you are the ONLY person here with one too ... I have semi-exclusiveness on yellow here as long as Mr. Herron continues to keep his in his garage!

ONE WORD OF WARNING ... you will be dicussed on local forums whereever you go or have been seen due to colour etc! :eek:

Hagasan
15-10-2010, 03:55 PM
LOL!

JUST GET IT BOUGHT man! She can grow to like it! :D

least of your worries ... you might get 'all picture and no sound' for a bit but it will pass or liklihood you will be in the garage with it anyways so a small price to pay for the LONGER gain :laugh:

i'd be over like a wippet for this baby ... looks sweet.

be nice to know you are the ONLY person here with one too ... I have semi-exclusiveness on yellow here as long as Mr. Herron continues to keep his in his garage!

ONE WORD OF WARNING ... you will be dicussed on local forums whereever you go or have been seen due to colour etc! :eek:

Na sorry mate, there is someone else on here with a rarer than rarer IOP !! Is that cryptic enough??

Justin
15-10-2010, 04:08 PM
By "here", I think nobby's talking geographically... mark's IOP type-s is fairly untrumpable ;)

Sudesh
15-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Na sorry mate, there is someone else on here with a rarer than rarer IOP !! Is that cryptic enough??

He is referring to N.I/Ireland!

Hagasan
15-10-2010, 07:57 PM
He is referring to N.I/Ireland!

Ah OK...sorry!!

Sudesh
15-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Ah OK...sorry!!

We are an even more rare bunch here lol Although when I was doing a list of N.I/Ireland NSX's, I was surprised to find there was allot more that I thought!

Senninha
20-10-2010, 10:36 AM
So who pulled the trigger and bought themselves a bit of UK NSX history?

nobby
20-10-2010, 01:54 PM
From what i gather that may be Justin ... not 100% confirmed yet!

:eek:

So who pulled the trigger and bought themselves a bit of UK NSX history?

Justin
20-10-2010, 02:14 PM
:beer:

What could I do? The car's amazing.

Big thanks to everyone for all their help, knowledge and encouragement during my search. Particular thanks to simonprelude, nobby, sudesh, senninha, noelwatson and ar for going out of their way to offer input and help over the last while.

Sudesh
20-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Great buy Justin! Health to enjoy:)

If your free on Saturday, come along the Mugen/Honda meet at D&T in Ballymena. Going to be a few NSX's there.

Big thanks to everyone for all their help, knowledge and encouragement during my search. Particular thanks to simonprelude, nobby, sudesh, senninha, noelwatson and ar for going out of their way to offer input and help over the last while.

nobby
20-10-2010, 02:32 PM
SWEET! :eek:

have you got her home yet?

let me know bud!

well done for holding out, looks like your patience has paid off dividends for sure

MANY CONGRATS on purchase

Great history too

Justin
20-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys - will try to make it on Sat, but won't have the car as I'm getting the wheels refurbed...

sutats
20-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Congrats Justin! Did the car make it to Honda for servicing yesterday? Enjoy Olu in good health.

markc
20-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Nicely done Justin and welcome to the IOP club 8)

P27 did make it to TDI and I can't remember the exact figure but it was by far the most powerful standard car :)

P27 was right on the factory figures at TDI a nose ahead of the the only other standard NA2. The cars with upgraded exhausts showed that there more to come for very little effort (see here... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26) Start saving the pennies or write a letter to Santa... IF you've been good this year :)

Cheers

Mark

nobby
20-10-2010, 06:47 PM
BUY Ary's exhaust!

:)

The cars with upgraded exhausts showed that there more to come for very little effort (see here... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26) Start saving the pennies or write a letter to Santa... IF you've been good this year :)

Cheers

Mark

nobby
20-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Arrgghhh man, thats a pity! Would love to have seen her! :(

Have you pranged the wheels already?! :D

Thats a record worse than mine ... :laugh:

give me a shout bud, be happy to head up to see her soon.

Thanks guys - will try to make it on Sat, but won't have the car as I'm getting the wheels refurbed...

Sudesh
20-10-2010, 06:53 PM
I have a few spare sets that would have tied you over Justin till yours were ready! Pity the car wont be there too.

Justin
20-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Nicely done Justin and welcome to the IOP club 8)

Thanks Mark - yep imola orange is definitely pretty good in the flesh - any knowledge on how many IOPs are in the UK???

J

PS - my spellchecker wants me to write "immoral orange" :eek:

Justin
20-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Have you pranged the wheels already?! :D

Hee hee - we're not all as bad as you! Naw, just wanted 'em nice and shiny...

I have a few spare sets that would have tied you over Justin till yours were ready! Pity the car wont be there too.

Thanks for the offer - my timing's lousy because I'll just miss both the NI and GB meet ups, each by only a day or two. I should have thought this through better!

Still, plenty of meets/runs to come soon I'm sure. :)

Congrats Justin! Did the car make it to Honda for servicing yesterday? Enjoy Olu in good health.

Yep, detailed FHSH and the last one was finished 7 hours before I got to see the car. Cheers for the good wishes!

PeteM
20-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Congratulations Justin on your purchase, knew this car when it was in simons ownership and admit to being an immoral orange fan. It looks great in the flesh with the sun shining.

Enjoy !

Pete.

Sudesh
20-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Dont think we will be doing anything now as regards NIPISTONHEADS meets, if we do it will most likely be a small "Cars & Coffee" affair but nothing planned as yet.

But as we are a small NSX community here, I would be open to a weekend drive out if the weather was good! We usually get those nice fresh, dry crispy days coming into November/December and I could be tempted into drive out.

Hee hee - we're not all as bad as you! Naw, just wanted 'em nice and shiny...

Thanks for the offer - my timing's lousy because I'll just miss both the NI and GB meet ups, each by only a day or two. I should have thought this through better!

Still, plenty of meets/runs to come soon I'm sure. :)

Justin
20-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Congratulations Justin on your purchase, knew this car when it was in simons ownership and admit to being an immoral orange fan. It looks great in the flesh with the sun shining.

Enjoy !

Pete.

Thanks Pete - yes, I have to admit that I surprised myself by quite how much I loved this colour.

But then, just as I was getting all smug about the colour combo, this bad boy was waiting to ambush me outside the coffee shop this morning :no:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2240/3536166271_8c762a4f05.jpg

Justin
20-10-2010, 10:24 PM
I would be open to a weekend drive out if the weather was good! We usually get those nice fresh, dry crispy days coming into November/December and I could be tempted into drive out.

Done, done, and done some more with a cherry on top. Nothing better than a sunny winter's day for a nice run!

nobby
21-10-2010, 08:29 AM
yup happy to meet up for this too ... :)

(if my car interior is NOT stripped and lying in someone's garage :cool:)

Done, done, and done some more with a cherry on top. Nothing better than a sunny winter's day for a nice run!

havoc
21-10-2010, 09:21 PM
:rofl: at the Citroen (?!? It is a Citroen, right?)

And congrats. Saw her at S'car Sunday 2009 at Gaydon last time she was for sale, and was quite tempted (but top-end of budget so would have had nothing left for maintenance).

Justin
21-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks havoc.

Yeah, citroen c3, exactly like the one in the pic... it was parked there again today, too. Just mocking me!

AR
21-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Congratulations and when it comes time to get a nice exhaust...:)

Justin
22-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Congratulations and when it comes time to get a nice exhaust...:)

Sure! I've been hearing good things about it! Are you planning a dyno'd swap out of standard and ZD exhausts on an otherwise standard car? Would love to see the numbers!

AR
22-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Sure! I've been hearing good things about it! Are you planning a dyno'd swap out of standard and ZD exhausts on an otherwise standard car? Would love to see the numbers!

I have not planned it yet, but being lighter by about 15 pounds that's 1BHP already. :)

Sudesh
22-10-2010, 11:10 AM

You'll get to see and hear it at the Mugen thing tomorrow if your going!

nobby
22-10-2010, 12:59 PM
WHO got one, Sudesh?

was it Shane?

Sweet, really interested to see/hear it

have you seen it on the car?

Cool!

Still hmmm'ing/haaa'ing about tomorrow, man aas you know i'm a tad embarrassed about bringing the car up ... was really looking forward to this event too :(

You'll get to see and hear it at the Mugen thing tomorrow if your going!

Sudesh
22-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah Shane got one, havent seen it or heard it yet but he's well impressed!

Get your ass to the show tomorrow, its going to be pissing rain and I'm taking my car so you better be there lol

Plus you'll get to see Arys Exhaust!

WHO got one, Sudesh?

was it Shane?

Sweet, really interested to see/hear it

have you seen it on the car?

Cool!

Still hmmm'ing/haaa'ing about tomorrow, man aas you know i'm a tad embarrassed about bringing the car up ... was really looking forward to this event too :(

nobby
22-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Mate, it would need to be snowing to hide my 'pain' :(

My God 'RED' is going to get wet?! :eek:

I will see/hear Ary's exhaust and end up wanting one!!!! :eek:

OK, i will do it, saying you asked me nicely!

Get your ass to the show tomorrow, its going to be pissing rain and I'm taking my car so you better be there lol

Plus you'll get to see Arys Exhaust!

AR
22-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Mate, it would need to be snowing to hide my 'pain' :(

My God 'RED' is going to get wet?! :eek:

I will see/hear Ary's exhaust and end up wanting one!!!! :eek:

OK, i will do it, saying you asked me nicely!

Guys you are going to make me blush LOL.

Sudesh
22-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Guys you are going to make me blush LOL.

You may get some more sales of the exhaust Ary! Which would be great, the old cast iron heap on NSX's need to go lol

I myself might have one or two products to show NSX guys tomorrow, just finishing up the carbon rear hatch vent and also have the large induction scoop that sits inside the wing, but havent done a test fit yet. Then on to more items:)

AR
22-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Sudesh that sounds really good, I look forward to the pictures of your parts.

Sudesh
22-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Sudesh that sounds really good, I look forward to the pictures of your parts.

Thanks Ary, will hopefully get some up after the Mugen event tomorrow. Will be working on centre console panels also that will hopefully help members that want to change the OEM head unit to a double/single din head unit or if they prefer, they can just leave it nice and plain and enjoy the music of the engine.

Lankstarr
23-10-2010, 07:21 AM
You may get some more sales of the exhaust Ary! Which would be great, the old cast iron heap on NSX's need to go lol

I myself might have one or two products to show NSX guys tomorrow, just finishing up the carbon rear hatch vent and also have the large induction scoop that sits inside the wing, but havent done a test fit yet. Then on to more items:)

Carbon rear hatch vent... as in the black bit that sits between the boot lid and glass hatch?

Sounds hard to make but look forward to seeing it.

L*

havoc
23-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks havoc.

Yeah, citroen c3, exactly like the one in the pic... it was parked there again today, too. Just mocking me!

You need to get a side-by-side pic, just for comedy value! ;)

simonprelude
25-10-2010, 06:46 PM
I have one of it parked next to a Daewoo Matiz in the same colour.

Justin
25-10-2010, 07:01 PM
I have one of it parked next to a Daewoo Matiz in the same colour.

Cracking! It's amazing how many cars have a similar colour scheme going on, once you're looking out for it....

markc
26-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Some more interesting machinery is also available in colours similar to IOP...

McLaren MP4 12C in Volcano Orange, Corvette C6R in Atomic Orange, Porsche Caymen S in Nordic Gold and Audi R8 GT in Samoa Orange :)

New Imola Orange Pearl (NIOP) which was introduced in 2002 (I think) is a little darker and more orangey that original IOP.

Cheers

Mark

havoc
26-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Out of those 4 only the McLaren properly works, IMHO.

Justin
26-10-2010, 11:36 PM
The McLaren looks amazing in that colour from the press pics I've seen - actually quite bold for that stable (btw, there's an online configurator where you can play with their finishes).

Have to disagree with havoc slightly - fast porsches kindof own a flat sev orange, so that porker in matk's pic is kinda working for me. The only one is I would call an Epic Fail is the R8. Maybe it's just the picture, but it's such a busy car visually that I think it needs flat darks or primary colours to work.

That C3 was there AGAIN today. Def being stalked :eek:

nobby
27-10-2010, 09:27 AM
tell the truth ...

this IS the car you ACTUALLY bought!

:)

That C3 was there AGAIN today. Def being stalked :eek:

Justin
27-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah - I took a step back an realised that the main thing I was looking for in a performance vehicle was a high-class cup holder.

How're ya left? ;)

markc
27-10-2010, 01:08 PM
The only one is I would call an Epic Fail is the R8. Maybe it's just the picture, but it's such a busy car visually that I think it needs flat darks or primary colours to work.

Conversely I love the R8 in that colour. Here's another shot of the car and one of the interior. If you squint it's kinda similar to mine :)

Cheers

Mark

markc
27-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Justin, here's a pic of your car and mine that shows the slight differance between IOP and NIOP. A damn fine pair they make :)

Cheers

Mark

Justin
27-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Justin, here's a pic of your car and mine that shows the slight differance between IOP and NIOP. A damn fine pair they make :)

Cheers

Mark

They do look great together Mark - we'll have to get them a reunion sometime soon :)

nobby
27-10-2010, 02:43 PM
you both are dellusional! :laugh:

They do look great together Mark - we'll have to get them a reunion sometime soon :)

Nick Graves
28-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Great pic; underscores how much the black roof alters the appearance.

What it cannot show is the amazing pearlescence of NIOP in the sunlight; shine on gold!

markc
28-10-2010, 04:45 PM
You're spot on about it's reaction to bright sunlight. Depending on the angle the light falls on it it goes from quite gold to very orange.

That pic probably shows the extreme with my car looking quite a lot more orange but in real life the effect is less marked.

I just found what maybe the ultimate N/IOP(ish) painted car :) ...

Cheers

Mark

Nick Graves
28-10-2010, 04:55 PM
That'd probably be a NIOP Honda HSC. In a parallel universe.

(Confession: I thought that was what the thumbnail was, at first!)

Justin
28-10-2010, 07:31 PM
First extended period with the IOP today, it's amazing how broad a range of colours you can see in it as the sky changes from blue to grey to black....

Love this car :)

Sudesh
28-10-2010, 08:26 PM
First extended period with the IOP today, it's amazing how broad a range of colours you can see in it as the sky changes from blue to grey to black....

Love this car :)

What color did you paint the wheels Justin? any pics yet of the car?

Justin
28-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Wanted to go gunmetal, but she's so original I stayed with standard spec colour... No pic yet, typing this from the ferry ;)

Sudesh
28-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Wanted to go gunmetal, but she's so original I stayed with standard spec colour... No pic yet, typing this from the ferry ;)

Which is what lol

There were more than one original wheel color as far as I know!

AR
28-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I think that the 3.2s had the darker silver ones.

Justin
28-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry, what I meant was "the colour original to this car" per old pics, etc... All the combos are fairly baffling on the NSX, especially given the extreme subtleties between some of the options!

Lankstarr
28-10-2010, 09:58 PM
You're spot on about it's reaction to bright sunlight. Depending on the angle the light falls on it it goes from quite gold to very orange.

That pic probably shows the extreme with my car looking quite a lot more orange but in real life the effect is less marked.

I just found what maybe the ultimate N/IOP(ish) painted car :) ...

Cheers

Mark

I been out in the Orange Zonda F Roadster... Awesome stuff! So blisteringly quick you've overtaken before you've finished thinking about doing it!