PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Papalazarou
22-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Just thought I'd share the last couple of days events.
Basically took my car in for a cambelt service earlier in the week at Howards Honda in Taunton.
Everything was going well until they came to bleed the cooling system and unfortunately broke the casting which the bleed nipple screws into.
This happened on Thursday afternoon. The dealer was quick to let me know and order in the correct replacement part, but they didn't expect it in until Saturday, the day of the charity track event at Castle Combe.
So, we decided to see if the part could be repaired, but consultation with the technicians and email contact with Kaz, pretty much confirmed that this wasn't an ideal solution although they did refer it to an aluminium welding company for a second opinion.
However a call to Ary confirmed he had the part and mid morning today I was off to Wales on a tight schedule to collect the part.
Less than three hours after leaving home and I was back at the dealer, largely thanks to Ary stripping the part off and meeting me part way.
Taunton Honda had worked hard during the morning to clear other work they had so they had time to get the cooling system bled and the wheels back on.
By 5pm the car was ready to go, the engine had done a couple of fan Cycles and I revved the engine a couple of times to see how it sounded. Initially it revved fine but then o. Susequent revs the engine would just revert back to idle.
This freaked me a little, until we realised that the car was still off the ground. Placing my foot on the brake pedal and revving the engine again everything was fine. Interesting revving in neutral with the wheels in the Air made the RCA flash and cut power.
Anyway, the car's now at home ready for the charity event tomorrow.
Just wanted to say thanks to Ary for having a spare engine I could borrow parts from and for meeting me in odder to save me time. To Howards Honda for doing a meticulous job and thinking outside the box when many other dealers would have been less than sympathetic and PeteM for offering to pick up some bits I may have needed.

AR
22-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Your welcome James, glad to hear all is well with your car and that you'll be able to make the charity event tomorrow.

Cheers and remember to have some fun whilst helping a good cause. :)

AR

havoc
23-10-2010, 11:01 AM
:clap: to all concerned. Nice one Ary, and nice to see a dealer going the extra mile and not just saying "oh well, never mind".