PDA

View Full Version : Red Facelift NSX on PH

sutats
23-10-2010, 05:05 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2193561.htm

£43k. 2004 NSX with <8K miles. Remarkably low mileage.

Dragonlady
23-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Is this guy for real, I mean...body coloured bumpers, I hope so. Rear electric windows, I hope not and what headlight washers.
He says the car has been there three years. Does the guy who wrote the advert have a white stick?

Ian

Dragonlady
23-10-2010, 05:29 PM
And to make matters worse its a honda dealership selling it (see picture 1) and also link for advert on Auto Trader :eek::laugh:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201042371226873/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/radius/1501/quicksearch/true/page/1/postcode/ln69rh?logcode=p

Sharon

Justin
23-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Looks like the standard features list that autotrader would spit out... The dealer's sales gimp prolly just copied and pasted the info. Still' seems like the closest thing to brand new that you might find.

AnthP
23-10-2010, 05:54 PM
if I had the cash and the car is as genuine as described, I'd have this like a shot - might try to sell my Mercedes quickly and see if they'll take my NSX in px before this gets exported.......bugger, wish I hadnt seen this thread, probably wont sleep tonight thinking about it (sad I know)......

Anth

AR
23-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Very tempting...such low mileage such crappy advertising. :)

Lankstarr
24-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Looks to have sold already... no longer advertised.

Rocco's is back up as well, I guess this one looked a bargain at a couple of grand more for 2 years newer and a lot less miles.

Someone's got themselves a nice motor there by the look of it!

L*

Dragonlady
24-10-2010, 06:59 PM
What a bargain as well. Lets see if they join the club.

Ian

Rob_Fenn
31-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Looks to have sold already... no longer advertised.

Rocco's is back up as well, I guess this one looked a bargain at a couple of grand more for 2 years newer and a lot less miles.

Someone's got themselves a nice motor there by the look of it!

L*

Does he constantly take it down and put it back up?!

Think the whole HK buyer boom has gone personally.

Ewan
31-10-2010, 11:07 PM
such crappy advertising. :)

Drives me nuts, that does. I've been looking at a few cars for the missus lately (Jaaaag), and the number of main dealer cars with stock photos - even worse than Honda!

If I'm looking at a motor that's the best part of 50 grand pricetag and they can't even be bothered to take a photo of it, why in the hell do they think I should be remotely interested in doing business with them?

As for all the other bad cars/bad ads (SHOUTY ONES ESPECIALLY), there are 100s of pages on PH about that ... here (http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=793903&mid=64939&i=0&nmt=Horrors in the PH Classifieds&mid=64939)

AnthP
07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
noticed last Friday that this was back up for sale but with a different dealer - Devonshire Motor Co - and a new price of 49k !

coincidentally, this dealer was also displaying at the MPH show at Earls Court this weekend.

very, very nice car but looked to me as though the front bumper had been repainted - doesnt make it a bad car but at that price, I would expect perfection.

didnt get a chance to speak to the dealer but going to same event this week at the NEC and going to have a better look......

Ewan
07-11-2010, 06:50 PM
:o

http://www.devonshiremotorcompany.co.uk/view.asp?ID=432

Then again, it's a one off in a rare colour... Imola Red :rolleyes:

Sudesh
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Wouldnt be the same imola as metioned here?

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=8460

Ewan
12-11-2010, 05:45 PM
:o

http://www.devonshiremotorcompany.co.uk/view.asp?ID=432

Then again, it's a one off in a rare colour... Imola Red :rolleyes:

Saw this displayed on the Devonshire stand at the NEC Classic Motor Show today (good show, though MPH next door was really pants) - it looks really tidy and original.

Tax disc was displaying the reg as RA54 ZVZ - that rings a bell but I can't think where. Anyone?

rgds
Ewan

jaytip
13-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Saw this displayed on the Devonshire stand at the NEC Classic Motor Show today (good show, though MPH next door was really pants) - it looks really tidy and original.

Tax disc was displaying the reg as RA54 ZVZ - that rings a bell but I can't think where. Anyone?

rgds
Ewan
That may have been the original plate on my last one.Not 100% though

sutats
13-11-2010, 06:58 AM
The NSX sure is being treated like a commodity. If it truly is the same one which it probably is then the asking price has taken a sudden hike up north.

At £49K it's probably purposed more for the company's profiling/marketing then for an actual sale.

Ewan
13-11-2010, 05:08 PM
That may have been the original plate on my last one.Not 100% though

Yours had more than 7k miles on it though, didn't it Ivor? Did you sell yours to JQD84983?

cheers
E

AR
13-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Yours had more than 7k miles on it though, didn't it Ivor? Did you sell yours to JQD84983?

cheers
E

Almost sure that was the case.

jaytip
14-11-2010, 06:25 PM

cheers
E
Yeah i did.I think it had circa 15K when i sold it to John.
I will have a look in the garage for the original plates the car came with.
As i said,i'm not 100% sure,but it does look like a familiar plate.

Sudesh
14-11-2010, 08:49 PM

rgds
Ewan

Had a look quick look round this today, sorry for the crap pics:

It was displaying just over 7,000 miles:rolleyes: price was £49k and it was marked as sold on the tag on the roof.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC02122.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC02124.jpg

Silver Surfer
14-11-2010, 09:39 PM
You need to get phone upgrade Sudesh..;)

SS

Sudesh
14-11-2010, 09:45 PM
You need to get phone upgrade Sudesh..;)

SS

I know Kare, my phone is about 10years old lol but still going strong.

Silver Surfer
14-11-2010, 09:47 PM

I suspect it is an old style Nokia. :laugh:

SS

NSXGB
14-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I suspect it is an old style Nokia. :laugh:

SS

I'd say more like a Sony Ericsson W902 maybe? :)

Sudesh
14-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Its a W810, I transferred the pics to my cousins W902 as I have no method of connecting the phone to upload the pics at the moment and the memory cards are different in his and mine.

nobby
14-11-2010, 11:20 PM
he is VERY fond of his phone guys!

:eek:

stefaneinz
17-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Hello all

First post from new forum member. I've put a deposit down on this car with Devonshire and subject to viewing am hoping to become an NSX owner very soon.

I've driven a couple of NSX's over the years and always loved them, so I am delighted to have the chance to join the ranks.

Having spoken to Devonshire, I understand this car has had two owners -a lady owner from new, and then since 2008 a Honda dealership has had the car as a showpiece. It's been serviced every year, and still has a warranty attached, which is a bonus. Only concern I have is that it effectively did no miles at all last year, so I would be interested in views on whether the car may have suffered (e.g. dried out seals).

For me this is something of a departure, since the performance cars I have owned have mostly had their engine hung out behind the rear axle - it's time I've decided to run a car with a proper mid engined balance!

Any other comments on the car most welcome before I take the plunge this Saturday.

Cheers

sutats
17-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Congrats on your purchase. Wow! That is one long warranty period. There's nothing to worry about if you have the benefit of warranty cover. My goodness, when does it expire?

stefaneinz
17-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I gather it is a one year extendable warranty - presumably the first owner paid for the extended warranty, and then as the next owner was a dealer, they felt able to offer it to the next owner. Does sweeten the deal, it must be said - although by reputation these are hugely reliable cars.

Not sure how much longer the warranty can be extended though - Porsche and BMW both have (understandably) limits on this.

Cheers

Nick Graves
17-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Congrats!

I thought it was up to six years (ie seven in total).

IIRC, I extended mine for another three (you can buy 1,2 or 3years at a time) on the S2000. Didn't bother after that. That was when the engine threw the rod...

NoelWatson
17-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Congrats!

I thought it was up to six years (ie seven in total).

IIRC, I extended mine for another three (you can buy 1,2 or 3years at a time) on the S2000. Didn't bother after that. That was when the engine threw the rod...

My 2004's warranty is up next spring, and Honda reckon I could extend it

Sudesh
17-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi and welcome to the club!

If you do buy the car, then welcome to NSX ownership!

When you are an NSX owner and it comes to that time that, extra warranty is not available, I can safely say there is a service much better than Honda and its called "Kaz"

Infact, even with warranty Kaz's very special NSX services are above and beyond anything I have seen.

Hello all

First post from new forum member. I've put a deposit down on this car with Devonshire and subject to viewing am hoping to become an NSX owner very soon.

I've driven a couple of NSX's over the years and always loved them, so I am delighted to have the chance to join the ranks.

Having spoken to Devonshire, I understand this car has had two owners -a lady owner from new, and then since 2008 a Honda dealership has had the car as a showpiece. It's been serviced every year, and still has a warranty attached, which is a bonus. Only concern I have is that it effectively did no miles at all last year, so I would be interested in views on whether the car may have suffered (e.g. dried out seals).

For me this is something of a departure, since the performance cars I have owned have mostly had their engine hung out behind the rear axle - it's time I've decided to run a car with a proper mid engined balance!

Any other comments on the car most welcome before I take the plunge this Saturday.

Cheers

Justin
17-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Hello all

Hey, congratulations! :beer:

GREAT car. Don't worry about the lay-up period, it's a Honda after all. My Prelude's unbelievable ability to take a quite unloved lay-up in its stride was the single biggest factor behind my decision to return to Honda with the NSX...

TheSebringOne
18-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Welcome and hopefully you will be the proud owner of a pristine and very low mileage example.

As for the little mileage in the last year, thats not an issue with the NSX with such a low mileage and being serviced annually.

Nick Graves
18-11-2010, 12:52 PM
My 2004's warranty is up next spring, and Honda reckon I could extend it

soo, assuming you bought 3 years, that would be under warranty for a decade?

Not bad!

NSX 2000
18-11-2010, 02:35 PM
soo, assuming you bought 3 years, that would be under warranty for a decade?

Not bad!

IIRC from when I bought mine, the max is upto 8 years, so if this is the case then Noel will only be able to extend for another year only.

Paul

Nick Graves
18-11-2010, 05:23 PM
That sounds more like it; bit closer to the seven years I originally thought!

stefaneinz
24-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Well, I am very pleased report that I did the deal this morning to buy the '54 plate car.

It's in great condition, and the history is also good. All being well, I should pick it up Friday or Saturday, and I shall post up some pics as and when I can.

Its first trip (weather permitting!) will be across to Germany and the Nurburgring this weekend; I will probably take her for a few gentle laps (it's a place I know well).

And then when I'm back I'll book her in for a service and also arrange for the paintwork to be detailed. The front bonnet (as noted earlier in this thread) had been repainted at some point in the past, and none too well - so I will get that done properly as well.

Very excited to be joining the ranks of NSX owners.

Cheers

Dragonlady
24-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. Have fun at the ring, and hopefully we will get to see the car at a few meets next year.

Regards Ian