PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor - rear/right NA2 - anyone need one?

Ewan
30-10-2010, 04:06 PM
hi all

I've got a CEL light reporting diagnostic 0141, which means:

P0141
Rear Secondary HO2S Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Last time I had a λ sensor go, I picked up a Denso OE replacement in the US for about $100. Turns out, this one (p/n 234-4621, suitable for Right Rear on NA2 cars, is alot less expensive if bought in the US.

Motor Parts Direct want £149+VAT to supply, I haven't even bothered with the main dealer (they were talking £230+vat to supply & fit, 2 years ago) but have come across a number of sources that will supply these for about $35. That pretty much doubles by the time you add shipping & handling costs (and might go up further if HMRC intercept it) but I figure it's a lot less than the alternatives.

If anyone needs one of these - or fancies having a spare - I'd be happy to do a group buy and split the shipping costs...

rgds
Ewan

NoelWatson
30-10-2010, 04:46 PM
hi all

I've got a CEL light reporting diagnostic 0141, which means:

P0141
Rear Secondary HO2S Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Last time I had a λ sensor go, I picked up a Denso OE replacement in the US for about $100. Turns out, this one (p/n 234-4621, suitable for Right Rear on NA2 cars, is alot less expensive if bought in the US.

Motor Parts Direct want £149+VAT to supply, I haven't even bothered with the main dealer (they were talking £230+vat to supply & fit, 2 years ago) but have come across a number of sources that will supply these for about $35. That pretty much doubles by the time you add shipping & handling costs (and might go up further if HMRC intercept it) but I figure it's a lot less than the alternatives.

If anyone needs one of these - or fancies having a spare - I'd be happy to do a group buy and split the shipping costs...

rgds
Ewan

Ewan,

I might be tempted, but a couple of things

1.Is it worth buying a set of 4, or do only certain ones tend to go?
2. is it as simple as NA2 cars?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/NGK/NTK_O2_Sensors/

1997-99 NSXupstream: enpp-913 downstream: enpp-912 2000-04 NSXupstream: enpp-914 downstream: enpp-915 2005 NSXupstream: enpp-916 downstream: enpp-915

Ewan
31-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Ewan,

I might be tempted, but a couple of things

1.Is it worth buying a set of 4, or do only certain ones tend to go?
2. is it as simple as NA2 cars?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/NGK/NTK_O2_Sensors/

1997-99 NSXupstream: enpp-913 downstream: enpp-912 2000-04 NSXupstream: enpp-914 downstream: enpp-915 2005 NSXupstream: enpp-916 downstream: enpp-915

Good questions, I'd say "I dunno" for both.

Maybe I'll stick to plan a) and just get one for myself :)

NSX 2000
31-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi Ewan

I'm off to the US over christmas so I could bring this part back for you if you don't mind waiting.

As you may know both Noel and I have sports cats fitted and we both have the engine management light on due to poor readings from the O2 sensor :angry: Not sure what we are going to do about this problem yet.

Ewan
31-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks Paul - as it happens, I have a bunch of friends in the US who have suitable mules visiting them all the time - looks like I've got a willing carrier for one sensor at least :)

NSX 2000
31-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks Paul - as it happens, I have a bunch of friends in the US who have suitable mules visiting them all the time - looks like I've got a willing carrier for one sensor at least :)

Ah yes, I forgot you work for some doddgy US "firm" :D

Ewan
01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Ah yes, I forgot you work for some doddgy US "firm" :D

:) In days of old, what I'd have done is to just ship the goods to the HQ in the US, and the mail room people there would have stuck it in the next consolidated shipment coming to the UK and it would appear a few days later.

No longer works this way - maybe after one US guy came to Europe for a couple of years and shipped his mini-van over. He reckoned he couldn't get the right sized tyres in Europe so ordered 5x tyres to be delivered to the US, and they duly arrived in internal mail at God knows what cost ;-)

I've got a mule booked to smuggle the contraband in early Dec so all is well. It'll be interesting what results the car should get from SRR next week ;-)

E

AR
01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi Ewan

I'm off to the US over christmas so I could bring this part back for you if you don't mind waiting.

As you may know both Noel and I have sports cats fitted and we both have the engine management light on due to poor readings from the O2 sensor :angry: Not sure what we are going to do about this problem yet.

I wonder if this is to do with LEV or the Cat material or cat construction itself?

Another member with an 02 plus has test pipes and has not had any issues with them, neither did I with an earlier 3.2.

NoelWatson
01-11-2010, 12:30 PM
I wonder if this is to do with LEV or the Cat material or cat construction itself?

Another member with an 02 plus has test pipes and has not had any issues with them, neither did I with an earlier 3.2.

I think the other member may now have seen the dreaded light! I'm going for LEV changes.

NSX 2000
01-11-2010, 12:45 PM

I think the other member may now have seen the dreaded light! I'm going for LEV changes.

As Noel's post, if we are all talking about the same person then they now also have the "light"

It would appear that pop up 3.2's O2 sensors or ECU's don't mind either not having cats, or sports cats.

AR
01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
How many cells are they, I think yours are Brian, but who makes the core?

Some people have had problems on Prime with the cheap cats not passing California emissions.

NSX 2000
01-11-2010, 06:35 PM
How many cells are they, I think yours are Brian, but who makes the core?

Some people have had problems on Prime with the cheap cats not passing California emissions.

Hi Ary, yes ours are from Brian see this post

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=6045&highlight=sports+cats

IIRC ours were 200 but can't remember what the 200 stands for :dunno:

Paul