PDA

View Full Version : NSX in "Total 911" magazine

markc
31-10-2010, 04:01 PM
I hope this isn't a re-post, I am fairly useless at noticing these things :(

I picked up a copy of "Total 911" magazine (Issue 67) at the airport yesterday after noticing a "Back to back NSX vs 964" story on the front cover.

They pitched a 1994 NSX (PAS and 16/17 wheels) against a 1990 964 C4. I was fully expecting a Porsche love-in and a blinkered rubbishing of the NSX but in-fact the author, Kevin Hackett, comes down firmly on the side of the NSX saying it outclasses the Porsche!

He judges the NSX is as more modern, exciting, quicker and just as involving. Interestingly he rates the NSX steering as "superb" which is unusual in itself and more so considering he's jumped straight from the Porsche which is usually the benchmark for accurate, feelsome steering. Only the NSX brakes come out for some mild criticism.

It turns out to be Steve Hall's (Trackdemon here) car featured in the test Steve happens to work with the publisher as the photographer for the magazine. Great job Steve, nice bit of enemy infiltration... and your car looks mighty fine too :)

I have a little shared history with Phil Raby, the editor of "Total 911", as we were both looking to secure some marketing posters signifying the 40th birthday of the 911 (I was a 993 owner at the time) an anniversary that that we both share with it. Yes, sadly I am that old :( Pics attached...

Cheers

Mark

Sudesh
31-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Over on the next page Mark, but not many replies

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=8389

markc
31-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Doh... again :)