PDA

View Full Version : Wanted ; Cash Waiting ; Unused 1995 - 01 7 spoke OEM wheel centres

nationofzeros
15-11-2010, 09:53 PM
I am hunting for 2 or more used OEM 1995 - 2001 7 spoke 16" / 17" wheel centres - generally silver, with a black Honda H in the centre, with 6 lugs, press fit into the recess in the wheel centre

Any condition (including exterior defaced, dinged, etc) OK as long as they fit positively into the wheel centre & stay there

Surely there must be some languishing in someone's garage, unloved & forgotten about?

If so then please PM me to strike a deal !

Thanks

Chris

Sudesh
15-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Remember they are not the same as OEM NSX-R! ;)

New £42.06 plus VAT each.

I am hunting for 2 or more used OEM 1995 - 2001 7 spoke 16" / 17" wheel centres - generally silver, with a black Honda H in the centre, with 6 lugs, press fit into the recess in the wheel centre

Any condition (including exterior defaced, dinged, etc) OK as long as they fit positively into the wheel centre & stay there

Surely there must be some languishing in someone's garage, unloved & forgotten about?

If so then please PM me to strike a deal !

Thanks

Chris

nationofzeros
17-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks Sudesh ; my NSX-R is not running the ENKEI 15/16" wheels but rather the 16/17" 'Custom programme' 7 spokers - in reality these are normal 16/17" 7 spokers painted white. The white NSX-R centres on them are actually an ENKEI NSX-R type centre, with the lugs removed, glued on top of a conventional 7 spoke centre, which provides the location to the wheel, hence the need for 2 of these as 'bases'

How 'Blue Peter 'is that ?!

Somewhere, somehow, there must be 'real' white NSX-R type centres that fit directly into the 7 spokers flush (see p121 in the Brian Long book for a picture of these), i.e. white / red equivalents of the silver / black centres you mention - but I simply cannot find a way of sourcing these white / red centres even via Kaz's contacts etc. The Brian Long book picture shows they did exist once !

Best regards

Chris

Sudesh
17-11-2010, 10:34 PM
You have lost me a little lol

Are you just talking about the centre caps of the wheels?

What do you mean by "lugs"?

The 16" 17" wheels of the NSX-R and standard 7 spoke are basically the same, the centre caps looks like this on the NSX-R

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/honda-nsx-2ace077198.jpg

On Standard NSX the caps looks like this:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX_-_Discs__Calipers.jpg

On Enkie NSX-R caps looks like his:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/ryuta_na-img450x600-1228880423npufta11329.jpg

Part number for the NSX-R centre cap for the OEM NSX-R 7spokes is

44732-SL0-J70

Part Number for NSX-R centre caps for OEM Enkei wheels

44732-SL0-J51

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/nsx-rrims.jpg

Thanks Sudesh ; my NSX-R is not running the ENKEI 15/16" wheels but rather the 16/17" 'Custom programme' 7 spokers - in reality these are normal 16/17" 7 spokers painted white. The white NSX-R centres on them are actually an ENKEI NSX-R type centre, with the lugs removed, glued on top of a conventional 7 spoke centre, which provides the location to the wheel, hence the need for 2 of these as 'bases'

How 'Blue Peter 'is that ?!

Somewhere, somehow, there must be 'real' white NSX-R type centres that fit directly into the 7 spokers flush (see p121 in the Brian Long book for a picture of these), i.e. white / red equivalents of the silver / black centres you mention - but I simply cannot find a way of sourcing these white / red centres even via Kaz's contacts etc. The Brian Long book picture shows they did exist once !

Best regards

Chris

Sudesh
17-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Hmmm If Kaz cant help I'm really at loss lol

Honda UK, have the OEM 7 Spoke NSX-R centre caps on there system, as shown in the first pics I posted

44732-SL0-J70 = CAP,WHEEL CTR = £50.96 each Including VAT.

Somewhere, somehow, there must be 'real' white NSX-R type centres that fit directly into the 7 spokers flush

but I simply cannot find a way of sourcing these white / red centres even via Kaz's contacts etc. The Brian Long book picture shows they did exist once !

Best regards

Chris

AR
17-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Hmmm If Kaz cant help I'm really at loss lol

Honda UK, have the OEM 7 Spoke NSX-R centre caps on there system, as shown in the first pics I posted

44732-SL0-J70 = CAP,WHEEL CTR = £50.96 each Including VAT.

Does that include foreplay!!!

Sudesh
17-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Does that include foreplay!!!

Yes Ary!

At £203.84 for just 4 pieces, they will give you the "pleasure" of taking your money and handing you 4 small bags of plastic lol

Justin
17-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Sudesh, is that your red car with the grooved discs?

Reason I ask, my car came fitted with what looks to be identical discs, and I don't know what they are. Am I right in thinking that NA2 OEM discs weren't grooved?

NSXGB
17-11-2010, 11:19 PM

Reason I ask, my car came fitted with what looks to be identical discs, and I don't know what they are. Am I right in thinking that NA2 OEM discs weren't grooved?

Justin, you are correct NA2 discs were not grooved (apart from NA2-R). I believe you have the Racing Brake two piece discs on your car.

http://www.racingbrake.com/FRONT_s/3399.htm

simonprelude
17-11-2010, 11:25 PM
I have some spare Integra type R ones in White which are exactly the same part number as NSX-R ones ;)

If the blade ones are the ones you want then I'll have a look in the garage....... hopefully when I get some bubble wrap also for Sudesh.

Sudesh
17-11-2010, 11:32 PM
hopefully when I get some bubble wrap also for Sudesh.

Simon, its not a problem as I'm sure aware friend. Health first as I've always said. ;)

Sudesh
17-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi Justin,

No thats not my car, it's a photo I have on file.

Infact it belonged to a UK member called Mitch, but I think the car has since changed hands.

I am however working with an N.I based company in upgraded NSX discs.

Justin
17-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Justin, you are correct NA2 discs were not grooved (apart from NA2-R). I believe you have the Racing Brake two piece discs on your car.

http://www.racingbrake.com/FRONT_s/3399.htm

That's great, thanks for the info! Might stick up a new thread to find out more... :)

Justin
17-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I am however working with an N.I based company in upgraded NSX discs.

Hey Sudesh thanks for the reply - disc project sounds great, who are you getting to do the design/manufacture?

Sudesh
18-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey Sudesh thanks for the reply - disc project sounds great, who are you getting to do the design/manufacture?

Still in the "CAD" stage Justin, guys I'm talking too have worked with AP racing and Bremo in the past so we are at the "Birth" process at the moment.

I cant wait till Christmas to get a real long break:) No pun intended

PeteM
18-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Still in the "CAD" stage Justin, guys I'm talking too have worked with AP racing and Bremo in the past so we are at the "Birth" process at the moment.

Sounds interesting, just don't get anybody to drill any holes in them and leave them grooved or plain.

Justin
18-11-2010, 05:17 PM

Sounds superb. Keep us posted.

Definitely know the feeling... It's been a long year!

nobby
19-11-2010, 05:58 PM
LOL!

then you have my 'heap' to deal with ... what a start to 2011 mate! :D

bet you cant wait, i know i cant!

Sudesh
19-11-2010, 07:47 PM
LOL!

then you have my 'heap' to deal with ... what a start to 2011 mate! :D

bet you cant wait, i know i cant!

I'm having a retirement party on new years eve!!

Justin
19-11-2010, 08:24 PM

Hee hee, don't think Andrew will be presenting you with your gold carriage clock and slippers unless you've finished WAR for him first :eek:

... nd you can't stop in the middle of should good work!

nobby
19-11-2010, 08:52 PM
That's great news that is ... :no:

When my car needs you the most, you abandon her :cry:

nobby
19-11-2010, 08:53 PM
WELL SAID! :)

and it is all GREAT work!

Hee hee, don't think Andrew will be presenting you with your gold carriage clock and slippers unless you've finished WAR for him first :eek:

... nd you can't stop in the middle of should good work!

Sudesh
19-11-2010, 08:53 PM
That's great news that is ... :no:

When my car needs you the most, you abandon her :cry:

Back to work party New Year lol

Justin
19-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Isn't 2011 the 20th anniversary for the NSX?

We should be planning something massive :think:

TheSebringOne
20-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Sorry Justin, it was actually this year as the NSX was officially unveiled in Chicago? USA I think in 1990.

nationofzeros
21-11-2010, 12:44 PM
You have lost me a little lol

Are you just talking about the centre caps of the wheels?

What do you mean by "lugs"?

The 16" 17" wheels of the NSX-R and standard 7 spoke are basically the same, the centre caps looks like this on the NSX-R

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/honda-nsx-2ace077198.jpg

On Standard NSX the caps looks like this:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX_-_Discs__Calipers.jpg

On Enkie NSX-R caps looks like his:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/ryuta_na-img450x600-1228880423npufta11329.jpg

Part number for the NSX-R centre cap for the OEM NSX-R 7spokes is

44732-SL0-J70

Part Number for NSX-R centre caps for OEM Enkei wheels

44732-SL0-J51

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSXPARTS/nsx-rrims.jpgThanks - this is really helpful !

Strangely I have a new 44732-SLO-J70 NSX-R type cap - externally looks exactly like the 16/17" NSX-R cap in the photo, but it doesn't fit the OEM 16/17" wheels - it has 4 lugs and the clearance (ie distance from cap to the point where the lug 'foot' locates) is only 8mm, whilst the wheel requires more like a 16mm clearance as per standard OEM silver / black caps.

How very unusual ! So unfortunately I think it's back to 'plan B', which is to fix this NSX-R cap on top of a 'carrier' 6 lug standard black / silver 16/17 cap (part 20 in the diagram above) - another job for my trusty Araldite Rapid !

Thanks

Chris

nationofzeros
18-12-2010, 06:17 PM
THrough the wonders of Rapid Araldite and with a little help from NSX CB bogeyman vendor (but in my personal experience sardonic all round good egg) Mark Johnson, here are the results of my lomg quest for NSX-R 16/17" wheel originality

OK, so the decal positioning is a little 'central' in stark defiance of received orthodoxy, but with looks like these, who cares ?

Chris