PDA

View Full Version : NSX is Back (Again) -4WD V6 Hybrid Rumour

sassthathoopie
24-11-2010, 09:19 AM
http://http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=932375&nmt=RE: Honda NSX Is Back (Again)

I don't like the sound of 'Accord based chassis'

nobby
24-11-2010, 12:12 PM
I just read the same comment on another site! :)

why all the detractors on the Accord chassis?

I am sure Honda engineers will do a lot of work on this so it can cope with the new concept

http://http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=932375&nmt=RE: Honda NSX Is Back (Again)

I don't like the sound of 'Accord based chassis'

Justin
24-11-2010, 12:20 PM
The accord chasis is good at what it does, but would make the new vehicle into a boring parts-bin special (MR2, TT, etc) and will force too many design compromises across the car.

Generic chasis = unspecial car, regardless of any tinkering...

markc
24-11-2010, 12:48 PM
why all the detractors on the Accord chassis?

The engine needs to be in the middle or it's no new NSX. I can't see the Accord chassis accomadating that requirement or indeed a sufficently low front bulkhead for the design to be low enough to be a new NSX.

I suggest they think of another name :)

Cheers

Mark

nobby
24-11-2010, 02:04 PM
a common chassis across the range appears to be the way forward for many car companies now, and looks as if Honda will be doing much more of it in future :(

We all know the history of the NSX, Honda just went all out on it ... they no doubt have fallen on market pressure as well as querying production costs in todays outlook

i agree, i think the NSX badging should disappear if the car is not mid engined etc

at least guys we all know we own a BESPOKE design and it was built from a blank sheet of paper and not another chassis

i think it will be a special car, but probably not as good as our current cherished cars; but then you could say this about alot of modern cars ...

Nick Graves
24-11-2010, 03:35 PM
The story originated in a Japanese scoop mag, Holiday Auto.

Take it all with a very large pinch of sodium chloride; enough to make a hybrid battery!

WhyOne?
24-11-2010, 03:43 PM
i suggest they think of another name :)

ns-z? :)

Nick Graves
24-11-2010, 04:01 PM
:D

Logical.

So long as it's a bloody good product, they can call it the Honda Roadtomandalay for all I care...

Dragonlady
24-11-2010, 04:33 PM
at least guys we all know we own a BESPOKE design and it was built from a blank sheet of paper and not another chassis

I thought it was built from a sheet of aluminium :)

Ian

havoc
24-11-2010, 07:59 PM
This is likely to be the base-plan for the new Accord coupe, NOT the new NSX. Said as much on the PH thread.

I sincerely hope so, anyway - if Honda's halo-product becomes a derivative 4wd hybrid not a bespoke example of engineering excellence then I really will give up on the company.

Nick Graves
24-11-2010, 08:01 PM
I thought it was built from a sheet of aluminium :)

Ian

:D

Unless it's one of those cool 1:1 scale origami NSXs!

TheSebringOne
25-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Not being mid engined means its no spiritual successor!

Interesting it will have 400 bhp, 4wd and hybrid! I suppose using an Accord chassis will mean it has a better chance of making it into production especially with the global cost saving measures.

Think Honda could do with a halo car for the time being until they decide to make a true son of the NSX?

howellr
25-11-2010, 11:53 AM
This is likely to be the base-plan for the new Accord coupe, NOT the new NSX. Said as much on the PH thread.

I sincerely hope so, anyway - if Honda's halo-product becomes a derivative 4wd hybrid not a bespoke example of engineering excellence then I really will give up on the company.

Well, my local Honda dealer has just transformed into a Kia dealership. There are now numerous stereo-typical honda drivers wandering round looking lost cos they can't pop in for a brew and discuss the latest Jazz any more.

It's also funny (I just had my MOT done there as they know the car) that the sales reps are looking rather coy cos they are now not selling cool cars like the CRZ or type R and they are selling boxes with very narrow tyres (admitedly with a 17+ year warranty or something like that).

It was the old coffee machine though and they still have the Times to read while you wait.
Regards

278kmh
25-11-2010, 02:32 PM
sorry, no funktion on the link of the first side
do you discuss this?
Honda NSX Gets New Lease on Life

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2010/1011_honda_nsx_gets_new_lease_on_life/index.html

Nick Graves
25-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Not being mid engined means its no spiritual successor!

Interesting it will have 400 bhp, 4wd and hybrid! I suppose using an Accord chassis will mean it has a better chance of making it into production especially with the global cost saving measures.

Think Honda could do with a halo car for the time being until they decide to make a true son of the NSX?

They need to do something, before Hyundai steals their OAP market.

Holiday Auto's story makes little sense; unless the next Global Large architecture reverts to an inline crank layout (a al Vigor/legend/Audi Ax) re-organising it as a RearMid 4x4 layout would be prohibitively expensive. That is increasingly unlikely, since the new Global Large hybrid is clearly transverse/end-on.

Sounds increasingly like a LOOB to me...

TheSebringOne
26-11-2010, 12:44 AM
The front looks a bit R8 ish, the side window leading to the rear, a hint of GT40? & I'm sure about the rear?

Senninha
26-11-2010, 08:27 AM
The PH thread is still referencing the test car that became the race car for JGTC (which I liked).

But these from the link Heinz provided look to be an artist evolution of the HSC concept from a few years back, with a touch of 458 around the cabin space. I could see how this design could be a successor to the NSX, however, the drive would need to be upto the job.

I guess they could ask Takuma Sato to help set up the chassis balance, would be good for Japanese sales, or engage Dario Franchiti, the Honda powered Indy driver to drive the US sales ..... and then we could have .... well should also be Dario but then I'm not sure how many follow his success in Indy .....

Still, as I said on PH, yet another 'New NSX' thread must take us into double figures by now.

regards

Nick Graves
26-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Wish they'd manufacture as many cars as these bloody stories!

forumadmin
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd be happy with a 4WD 400hp Honda. The only reason to get the Audi was because Honda don't make one. I don't need it to be a sports car, just a decently powered sports estate will suit just fine.