PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Silver with Black top. Red seats and black wheels.

sutats
06-12-2010, 02:11 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2314375.htm

17k Miles. £33K.

Interior requires some TLC following complete replacement.Hmmm...interior been replaced?

Sudesh
06-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Not another one lol

As before, either not a genuine 04 car or; stolen recovered, stripped for other purposes or god only knows lol

I think this is the one that was mentioned in an old thread, appeared on ebay a few years back.

unloaded
06-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Blimey you guys are quick. This is my car and I literally posted it on PH 2 mins ago!

Its my 3rd NSX and hopefully not my last but I need a diesel mileage car following a recent job change, before the NSX goes from low mileage to high in 1 year of motoring.....

The car was stolen recovered, suffered no damage besides having the interior ripped out and never recovered. Police recovered the car with just 50miles extra on the clock while the theives were stripping the interior ready for racing.

Since then the interior has been replaced with some like for like and some NA1 parts most noticeably the seats, which are supposed to be red but do not have the perforated leather like the NA2 should.

The mileage is genuine and backed up with various service receipts and old MOTs. Mechanically the car feels 100%, my intention was to upgrade to Momo and Recaros and enjoy the car for the next 10 years but I really can't keep piling 150miles a day on it.

Would suit anyone who doesn't mind a little interior fettling....

Sudesh
06-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Since then the interior has been replaced with some like for like and some NA1 parts most noticeably the seats.

There is more than just the seats that are most noticeable!

From a quick look at the photos, dash, door cards, steering wheel!

Also why not put in the add thats its stolen recovered? Surely thats something you should make buyers aware off?

Lankstarr
06-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Presumably this one:
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3852&highlight=auction+silver&page=5

If so (and i apologise if there are two silver 2004 cars with very similar history) then don't forget to mention the fact it's had a full respray and was used as a drift car and has the chassis number cut out of the rear bulk head with an angle grinder!

If anyone's going to look then looking in the rear engine compartment for this would easily identify it (or not) as the car I'm talking about.

L*

Silver Surfer
06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Is this the same car ...the owner use to register here as 'Blackmarket' :rolleyes:

SS

Sudesh
06-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Is this the same car ...the owner use to register here as 'Blackmarket' :rolleyes:

SS

Thats the one I was thinking on! And as Luke said, if its not the same car then apologies, but how many 04 cars were there that were stripped and the same color.

AR
06-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Same shiftnob...LOL.

I would be very surprised if it was not the same car.

Lankstarr
06-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Just to be clear on this car... there's no evidence (or heresay) of crash damage and all reports say that mechanically it is a very sound car.

Given that it's "original" market value would be £40k ish the price is perhaps a fair reflection of its history. Given the notability of this car (please shout if I've got my (hot) wires crossed) I feel it important for prospective buyers to be fully aware of what they're buying.

Cheers,

Luke

AR
06-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Guys I have dealt before with the OP and I believe he might not know the full story.

Boomin33
06-12-2010, 06:27 PM
If this is the same one..

1. Sounds like it drives very well and they've done a good job fixing it up. The interior shot looks to a very high standard.. remember the Red car from a few weeks ago!

As a seller, though you've got to be straight up with the eventual buyer... as you can see from here, there's a good chance... like you, the new owner could hear some folklore one day.

**Just like whoever buys mine one day will probably hear about Virgins washing it with Bottled Evian + an enthusiastic track session / 360 degree view of the world, at castlecomb!! time will tell what else :)

Good luck with the sale... 17K miles sounds yum... but I'm with Lankstarr on the advert edit.

unloaded
07-12-2010, 12:31 AM
I've added 'stolen recovered' to the advert so that it is clear to potential buyers.....

This would have been the first thing discussed with any potential buyers, I debated whether to put it in the ad but thought a rush of potentials which I could talk to about the history, would make it easier to sell, but I'm happy to take advice and go with detail in the advert.

I'm still not sure if this is the same car as the blue and white one pictured - they look so different, but I can't imagine two 2004 plates in silver have had the same history. I'll check tomorrow, but when I inspected the car I could see no signs of there ever being a roll cage fitted!

Either way the car is awesome to drive, my previous NSXs were older but completely clean histories neither compare to this - although I personally prefer the 5 SPD gearbox of the NA1, I just seem to drive like miss daisy with the extra long cog.

nobby
07-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Good man, i think in this particular instance you have done the right thing. :)

Not everyone will look at a resource like NSXCB, but its amazing what you can learn about a car when you do! :eek:

As you said, best gathering up all the facts surrounding the car, and this will also remove the potential 'none hoper's/dreamers' to more 'serious bidders/enquiries' when they speak to you about the car.

the interior shot was a dead give away compared to what an 04 plater should look like. I'm slowly learning the differences but i saw it straight away! Seats and steering wheel are a dead give away, so with these issues you need to be ARMED fully with the facts.

I really hope you get all the info you need, and good luck with the sale. BEST ADVICE is be honest as possible.

When it comes to buying an NSX in the UK, this is the place to be! :)

I've added 'stolen recovered' to the advert so that it is clear to potential buyers.....

This would have been the first thing discussed with any potential buyers, I debated whether to put it in the ad but thought a rush of potentials which I could talk to about the history, would make it easier to sell, but I'm happy to take advice and go with detail in the advert.

AR
07-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Marc it is the same car mate, the guy who had it ( blackmarket ) was a wheels dealer on eBay.

Justin
07-12-2010, 08:55 PM
This car apparently sold on Autotrader mid August 2010. I spoke to the dealer as soon as it was advertised; he said it was stolen recovered and the paint was poor. I didn't travel to view, but that's what the vendor told me over the phone....

I did like the concept of that aftermarket colour scheme (black/silver/red/black) at the time.

Nick Graves
24-12-2010, 04:49 PM
If the red were a proper British oxblood, I'd be inclined to agree!

The cranberry's a shade too pink for me...

We may not be able to put cars together very well, but we do fab interiors!

Justin
24-12-2010, 08:53 PM
We may not be able to put cars together very well, but we do fab interiors!

Very true Nick :)

Or, at least, we did until Connolly went under (1878-2002). Shame :no:

http://www.ichauffeur.co.uk/a/i/rolls-royce-park-ward-interior.jpg