PDA

View Full Version : NSX Buying Guide in February Classic & Sportscar Mag.

WhyOne?
04-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Just a quick 'heads-up' - there is (yet another!) NSX buying guide, this time in Classic and Sportscar magazine. It will be in the Feb. issue, which is due out next week.

It is IMHO one of the better motoring rags out there, so fingers crossed that they will do a decent job.

Car featured looks to be one well known round these parts!

sutats
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Buy if it hasn't been bent.

There aren't a lot of options out there which means it'll be easier to build a time machine back for it than coming across a decent example present day.

WhyOne?
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Received my copy of the magazine through the post today.

There is nothing new in the write-up (but then there have been so many of these this would be difficult!)

They are generally very positive about the car, just a few comments about the 'uninspiring interior' on the negative side.

Topically (sorry James!) they comment more than once on the high cost of fixing dinged cars. They also highlight sutats point that there are a lot of poorly repaired cars out there, so make sure you buy a straight 'un.

Mike (Sorepaws) gets a few words and even a picture! More fetching are the photo's of NSX 1Y ( ;) ), which looks fantastic.

www.nsxcb.co.uk is referenced and there is an interesting side article ('one to buy') regarding a Charlotte Green Auto for sale in Burgess Hill (Sussex).

britlude
05-01-2011, 08:59 PM
i find Charlotte Green Auto to be the most desirable of the range... :)

WhyOne?
05-01-2011, 09:38 PM
They describe the colour as 'rare' and say that it suits the cars lines.

(The 'for sale' car has some very dodgy sounding green neon lighting underneath!)

Sudesh
05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
(The 'for sale' car has some very dodgy sounding green neon lighting underneath!)

It the new Back To The Future Car lol

sorepaws
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Hopefully it opens up a slightly new audience to the NSX (sorry it was my Auto Chaps - but the journalist wasnt interested in driving dynamics :-S ) - He did drive it though and was surprised at how friendly it can be, around the roundabouts of Milton Keynes.

I prefer the NSX pictures as well Ian :-P

SILVER BULLET
07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Classic Car Weekly is also carrying an NSX Buyer's guide on page 56 in it's 5th of January edition no 1059 ,apparently you can "break your finger nails in the door handles" windscreens delaminate and tyres are £190-00 per corner. Generally positive article though with some conflicting interior and exterior photo's .

Cheers,

Ian

TheSebringOne
09-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Read the Classic & Sports Car magazine and thought it was ok, nothing special really.

Theres a belated 20th tribute in Classic Supercars edition of the Octane magazines. It a two/three pages on
Senna's G reg auto around MK. I sat in the car at Japfest 2008, which was restored by HUK engineers in their own time,
but with wrong 94+ wheels and mileage was very low ( under 10k?). Quite a positive write up.

havoc
09-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I've got the Classic Supercars 'book' and it's not a bad collection of articles. NSX one was the first read and is indeed positive.

nationofzeros
10-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Hopefully it opens up a slightly new audience to the NSX (sorry it was my Auto Chaps - but the journalist wasnt interested in driving dynamics :-S ) - He did drive it though and was surprised at how friendly it can be, around the roundabouts of Milton Keynes.

I prefer the NSX pictures as well Ian :-P

Hi Mike, I hought your car looked stunning as always in the C&SC article - a fine flag flyer. More elbow grease for me this weekend I think to aspire to your high standards !

Chris