PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me???

AR
05-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I can't be the only NSX owner that goes through the winter NSX blues.

Bad weather and a Holiday has kept me from driving it, and with more ice on the way I might hold on a bit longer.

I just gave it an oild/filter change today and a nice detail, but is soo tempting. :)

Roll on springtime or I might just sell it before then, as it pains me not to use it!

Papalazarou
05-01-2011, 11:00 PM
It's not just you Ary,

But look on the bright side. At least you still have a car you're not driving;-)

The search continues.....

Cheers,

James

Kaz-kzukNA1
05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
I can't be the only NSX owner that goes through the winter NSX blues.

Bad weather and a Holiday has kept me from driving it, and with more ice on the way I might hold on a bit longer.

I just gave it an oild/filter change today and a nice detail, but is soo tempting. :)

Roll on springtime or I might just sell it before then, as it pains me not to use it!

(If you look at the photo carefully, you can see the snow flake through the light.)

I can't be the only NSX owner that goes through the winter NSX joy.

Snowed and no time for Holiday but still, kept driving it, and with more ice on the way, I might consider buying the snow tyre for my NSX.

I wanted to give it an oil/filter change today but another NSX was occupying my lift and no time for nice detail, but so tempting.

Roll on Spring time or I might just keep testing my latest ABS before then, as it pains me not to use it!

Senninha
05-01-2011, 11:42 PM
(If you look at the photo carefully, you can see the snow flake through the light.)

I can't be the only NSX owner that goes through the winter NSX joy.

Snowed and no time for Holiday but still, kept driving it, and with more ice on the way, I might consider buying the snow tyre for my NSX.

I wanted to give it an oil/filter change today but another NSX was occupying my lift and no time for nice detail, but so tempting.

Roll on Spring time or I might just keep testing my latest ABS before then, as it pains me not to use it!

Hi, Kaz.

HOw have you found the Yoko's in the recent weather please?

regards, Paul

britlude
05-01-2011, 11:47 PM
been out in mine every day... sun, rain and snow!

was interesting going to work in the snow (when it was a good 6 inches deep here) at 7.30 in the morning, and every other car on the road was a 4x4!!!! :)

nakamichi
06-01-2011, 06:57 AM
I drive mine whatever the weather.I don't see the point of owning something and not using it.It is not a museum piece.My next door neighbour has an Aston Martin DB9 and uses it daily,so I figure,if its good enough for an Aston,its good enough for a Honda.
Get out there and have fun in it!!

nobby
06-01-2011, 11:40 AM
You should get out and use it, i plan to go for a run at the weekend as long as not too icy/snowy but have no problems driving during the rest of the winter period. It's not that fragile, I think you are mad leaving it lying there if your desire to drive it is there. just DO IT! :)

Senninha
06-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Just had mine 'washed' by the torrential downpoor occuring the SE of England right now. Right now I'm thankfull of the wrap as it requres less cleaning ... in fact the NSX is kind of multi-coloured with a dirty bottom .... LoL

paulc
06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Used mine nearly every day so far. Very interesting in the ice!!

havoc
06-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Haven't driven mine for about a month now, definitely getting withdrawal symptoms!

If the weather co-operates (no snow), I plan to get out at the weekend for a bit...

AR
06-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Main worry for me is the salt and the ice plus other drivers!

Add to this washing the car after getting home in the cold...

Around here there are always wild horses around bends and with bad conditions it wont be easy to brake in time.

If we have a nice dry day I will give it a nice run if not the 420 will do. :)

Boomin33
08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Not been in mine for about 2 months now & outside the Trickle charger I got for Christmas, have been forgetting about ownership... :(

don't go into the garage very often and probably two tanks of petrol in the last 6 months ! :(:(

...heading into ski season, can't see more than a tank between now and April... hmmmm... pretty crap enthusiast, am I.

c11nky
08-01-2011, 05:24 PM
It never snows in Scotland.
No snow, no ice, no salt.
Life is just GREAT !!

(Ok, I managed to get out for a quick run on Monday, first time it was out for 7 weeks)
(And I can't figure out how to get the image to display instead of the link. If anyone can help me out I'll post you some snow!)

havoc
08-01-2011, 05:56 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=8305&d=1294507302

(Ok, I managed to get out for a quick run on Monday, first time it was out for 7 weeks)
(And I can't figure out how to get the image to display instead of the link. If anyone can help me out I'll post you some snow!)

Hopefully see the above - unless the update has changed the formatting in the forum, bracketing the link with and will embed it in the post.

c11nky
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Looks fab!
(showoff!)

Well as good as a half-buried NSX can look...

Thank you.
Where do you want your snow posted?

Sudesh
08-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Nice pic!!

Senninha
09-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Did someone mention snow .... :cool:

NSX 2000
09-01-2011, 10:51 PM
After reading this post I thought I would take mine out (no smutty comments) so on saturday night tried to start but the battery was flat as a do do, I hadn't driven the NSX or the Mugen for about 6 to 8 weeks, so put the NSX on trickle charge, some 16 hours later, still dead as a do do, not even any interior lights worked! Got in the Mugen, started first go, so, went for a spin in that instead :D

AR
14-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Took the car out with a visitor yesterday, had to use the battery pack. Had a short but fun drive, made that much more interesting by the standing water and the SC. :)

Spent over 2 hrs cleaning the car afterwards!!!

SILVER BULLET
14-01-2011, 08:52 PM

Did someone mention snow .... :cool:
Is that your latest vinyl wrap Paul ? looks like it may not have gone on quite right !!!!

Senninha
14-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Is that your latest vinyl wrap Paul ? looks like it may not have gone on quite right !!!!

I was going for the winter camouflage look ;o)