View Full Version : 95 Targa on PH

PeterW
10-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Anybody know anything about this one?
58,000 miles £21k

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2380698.htm

havoc
10-01-2011, 10:09 PM
It's either already been sold or someone's been cute, bought it from the C&C advert and is trying to make an (admittedly probably rather small) turn on it...

http://www.carandclassic.com/car/C138040/

There was an IPY 3.0 targa up for sale ~18 months ago in Derby which Dragonlady went to see and warned me off - needed a new ball-joint plus some other work IIRC. Don't think it's the same one though...

nobby
11-01-2011, 01:08 PM
think this car was advertised back when i was looking last year (jan - april time) ... think it sold eventually, must have been to this guy.
It had those wheels coloured in that way, so good chance its it! i also think it had an awful aftermarket spoiler light on it back then, so the current owner has tidied that bit up by REMOVING IT :)

if its the same car, when i spoke to the vendor at that time, he was a really nice guy and there is plenty of service history with the car including all that has been mentioned in the ad. Only reason I did not go over to view was that i was negotiationg on my current car

worth a look mate if same car.

Rob_Fenn
13-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Seems like a good price for a low mileage car, presuming this isn't yet another car that was used for drifting/drag racing/banger racing.

TheSebringOne
13-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Likewise here, this seems a bit of a bargain with low miles, all major work been done recently, like clutch, fly, TB & WP.

TheSebringOne
13-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Just spotted this on PH. Anyone one know of this car?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2388732.htm

Prices on the up?

Papalazarou
13-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Just spotted this on PH. Anyone one know of this car?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2388732.htm

Prices on the up?

Makes the yellow one look cheap. I've said it before and I'll say it again. How are potential buyers supposed to make sense of NSX pricing when there's £10K difference between two near identical cars.

Cheers,

James.

NSX100
14-01-2011, 11:24 AM
The midnight purple one is a dealer who is either (1) completely clueless about pricing or (2) chancing his arm on the off chance that some sucker will come in off the street and buy it. It is automatic and with (IMHO) a dreadful dash. Why would anyone pay his price when the yellow one is a far superior car for far less money. As for the yellow one it has been on and off the market for several years always at around this price and, as Nobby says, seems to be a good deal.

L696ULO
14-01-2011, 11:39 AM
The yellow targa is also on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260718814678

m666 edd
14-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking of dropping an auto box in mine and selling it and selling the manual box separately.

AR
14-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I will chick my spare engine in the boot and call it the vv12 Nsx! :-)

havoc
14-01-2011, 09:19 PM
That purple targa, if I'm allowed to say so, is awful!
- Marmite colour
- mis-matching leather
- WOOD!?!?!?!?!?!?!
- so-so aftermarket alloys

...and they're after a massive premium for all of that AND an auto???

Papalazarou
21-01-2011, 01:01 PM
There's a nice red targa on PH today at £23K. A couple of strange bits; the roof looks black in the pic (like some of the midnight purple cars). Not seen that on a red car. Also, it has reverse parking sensors.
If it's a straight one, I'd say that's really good value.

Cheers,

James.

Rob_Fenn
21-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Yep, should be snapped up.

So how many non-pop ups were actually sold in the UK then? I can't find one anywhere, and haven't for some time.

Papalazarou
21-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Yep, should be snapped up.

So how many non-pop ups were actually sold in the UK then? I can't find one anywhere, and haven't for some time.

There were 85 facelift cars registered in the UK. Some are properly deceased and a few have gone abroad.
I'm guessing there are around 65 left. Perhaps 45-50 worth owning.
Only speculative, but probably not far out.
So whatever happened to the silverstone with the blue interior? Really liked that car. Wished I'd bought it when it came up, although I'd probably have crashed it by now;-(

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
21-01-2011, 06:02 PM
........... So how many non-pop ups were actually sold in the UK then? ............

This is for the period to cover classic NA2 ...

1998 10
1999 17
2000 11
2001 8

What I dont have is the model split to determine Targas from Coupe and there is probably an auto or two in these numbers, making the 3.2 pop-up a rather rare beastie if we take out crashed, repaired, race conversions etc ...

So whatever happened to the silverstone with the blue interior? Really liked that car

Last I heard it was moved to the same geography as your previous LBBP ....

regards, Paul

AR
21-01-2011, 08:12 PM
The owner of that PH ref one is here IIRC.

Rob_Fenn
21-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Hen's teeth then, basically!

TheSebringOne
22-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Wasn't the late Silverstone with light blue interior one of the last 12 on a 55 or was reg 05?
I remembered it was owned by a member here and was selling it due to ill health. It was very low mileage and I thought at the time it was over priced, but its probably worth that now.

Papalazarou
22-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Wasn't the late Silverstone with light blue interior one of the last 12 on a 55 or was reg 05?
I remembered it was owned by a member here and was selling it due to ill health. It was very low mileage and I thought at the time it was over priced, but its probably worth that now.

Yes it was one of the last twelve. He wanted low £40's at the time which in hindsight was great value for a car with 1300 miles.
Now, perhaps it would be worth around £45k.

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
22-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I dithered over that too!

Did seem a bit rich when it first went up - around £50K IIRC and it sat there for months.

Only thing was; my father had a Hillman Hunter with blue vinyl as well in the early 1970s and that was bloody depressing!

ConorNZ
22-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Guys

Long-time reader, first-time poster. I've been on the lookout for a 3.2 manual (ideally targa) with low (<30,000) miles and owners in immaculate condition for some time now, browsing this forum, Pistonheads, Autotrader, eBay etc. for the last 6 months+. Only one quality car seems to have come up, the IOP pop-up at Targa Florio, and it wasn't targa and personally the colour didn't quite do it for me. Now I'm beginning to think I'm looking for something that doesn't exist!

Having finally got the cheque for my old car, I don't want to have to wait forever for the next one. Frankly £40k for a silverstone facelift with those miles would be perfect. Any chance of tracking down this guy and offering him my first born in order to part with it, Rumpelstiltskin style!?

Or should I just accept that I'm wasting my time, and settle for a 3.0 like the yellow and red ones currently for sale?

Damn Honda itch - can't seem to get rid of it...

Papalazarou
22-01-2011, 04:06 PM
I think you've got to get what you want. It may take a while and you probably won't get the exact spec you want. (damn just contradicted myself). But you should be able to get pretty close. Also, when I started looking for a replacement about three months ago, there wasn't anything available. Now the classified seems to have woken up a little. Hopefully in the next couple of months, there'll be some good late cars available.
The three litre cars a great by the way. But if you really want a late car then hold on.
By the way, the imola car that was for sale was never sold. The guy had a lot of interest but withdrew it because he felt it was worth more.
I was offered a very nice sounding 2001 imola targa a couple of weeks ago. 80k miles two owner car. Very competitively priced. So they are out there.

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
22-01-2011, 05:45 PM
It's utterly the wrong time of year to be selling a Targa, ergo the choice will be limited.

Come back in the spring!

ConorNZ
22-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Wait 'till Spring? Bah humbug!

Any members thinking of selling theirs before then? Would be nice to get something before the end of April, to use for a trip to the south of France over the Easter-Royal Wedding period. Otherwise I have to take my Scooby (blue with gold wheels - yikes - it's not really a French Riviera type of car :no:)

Or I give up on NSX and buy something else... Morgan Aero 8 looks tempting...

Sudesh
22-01-2011, 08:26 PM
James as far as I'm aware, the targa panels were all black as standard, they were painted by the either the main dealers, or it may have been an option to have it color coded at the time when your ordered the car new.

There's a nice red targa on PH today at £23K. A couple of strange bits; the roof looks black in the pic (like some of the midnight purple cars). Not seen that on a red car. Also, it has reverse parking sensors.
If it's a straight one, I'd say that's really good value.

Cheers,

James.

ConorNZ
24-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Further to my earlier post, if anyone in the club is thinking of selling an NA2 (facelift or not), do let me know.

I'm off on holiday at the end of this week, back week commencing 21 Feb. If the perfect car comes and goes whilst I'm on holiday, there'll be "heck" to pay :beatdown:

:bigsmile:

NSX100
24-01-2011, 06:49 PM
It's utterly the wrong time of year to be selling a Targa, ergo the choice will be limited.

Come back in the spring!

Rubbish! I bought mine in December and there are 2 interesting looking targas on sale right now at good prices. Choice is always limited since manual targas are rare beasties. And as for waiting for a good 3.2 manual targa pop-up, it will be a long wait. These are the rarest of all with maybe about a dozen or so imported - it took me 3 years.

Lankstarr
25-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I was offered an 06 55 red car in showroom condition with 4k miles on it a few weeks back... was expecting it to appear on the calssified but it never did.

I only knew of one car registered in 2006 but it seems there are more. Price tag was £50k... starting to think it would have been worth £60k for the right buyer especially when you consider what somebody was willing to pay for the NSX-R.

Thoughts from you desperate buyers?

ConorNZ
25-01-2011, 06:14 PM
£50k is strong money for an NSX... I would rather get something from 02 - 05 with up to 35,000 miles and pay mid to late 30's for it depending on age, condition and mileage. But that is because I simply don't have that much of a budget.

If there wasn't anything else in the market, I might stretch to £45k, but (not to offend anyone who likes them) I would rather it wasn't red!

Where's that Silver facelift car with the light blue interior... MMMmmmm...

Or that metallic green one Sudesh posted on the other thread. Oh yeah... (would need to sell a kidney I believe)

Rob_Fenn
26-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Depends on how keen you are for originality. If you can stretch to £45k, you could buy a cheaper 3.0 Targa (a couple available on PH) and get resprayed in the colour you want and even do a facelift conversion for well under your budget. Its a route i'm considering for a few reasons; A) My perfect NSX will take months (or years!) to come up, B) Really i want an NSX-R but can't afford one and C) Have already done a facelift conversion.

AR
26-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Depends on how keen you are for originality. If you can stretch to £45k, you could buy a cheaper 3.0 Targa (a couple available on PH) and get resprayed in the colour you want and even do a facelift conversion for well under your budget. Its a route i'm considering for a few reasons; A) My perfect NSX will take months (or years!) to come up, B) Really i want an NSX-R but can't afford one and C) Have already done a facelift conversion.

That is just what I did with my NSX, plus added thge SC. Chances of getting an NSX-R GT are very slim, so I built my own plus SC.

There are many ways to skin a cat. :)

ConorNZ
26-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Very good point. But what I really want is originality or the ability to make the car original. I'm after something I can keep for a very long time, modify with bol-on parts to my taste, but convert back to OEM spec for a future "collector". So facelifts and SCs are off the table. Tasty intake, headers, exhausts, a vinyl wrap and perhaps new alloys are firmly on the table.

Silver Surfer
27-01-2011, 10:15 PM
SC is reversible....

Senninha
27-01-2011, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=ConorNZ;80895....... modify with bol-on parts to my taste, but convert back to OEM spec for a future "collector". .............. Tasty intake, headers, exhausts, a vinyl wrap and perhaps new alloys are firmly on the table.[/QUOTE]

I know of one just like this ....;)

AR
27-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I know of one just like this ....;)

LOL sounds like someone wants your car Paul!!!

ConorNZ
28-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Indeed! Looks like a nice car Paul

Senninha
28-01-2011, 03:45 PM
LOL sounds like someone wants your car Paul!!!

LoL , but too many miles for Conor as mine gets used all year round ... I think he's looking for one with half my mileage ... but he wouldn't be the first to contact me recently ...

TheSebringOne
29-01-2011, 12:35 AM
In response to Luke's comment, I thought there were only two at the most 55 regs that sold
in 2006. After the final 12 were released, didn't Honda make a couple more cars to
honour some late orders? If these are the very final cars, then £50k for such cars with such
low mileage of 3K would tempt someone I think. Limited supply V demand V last cars available.

jaytip
29-01-2011, 02:19 AM
James as far as I'm aware, the targa panels were all black as standard, they were painted by the either the main dealers, or it may have been an option to have it color coded at the time when your ordered the car new.
Other way round Sudesh.The "norm" is colour coded.

NSXGB
28-02-2011, 11:51 PM
....up to £30k now....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2360605.htm

Nick Graves
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Well, dang my old boots.

I should have bought NSXs instead of properties. At least you can polish them.

Senninha
01-03-2011, 10:44 AM
This is an old trade tactic for cars that have not sold in the first xx days (varies by business/manufacturer)

Basically you mark as strong as you can when first put for sale. At 14 days, 30 days, 60 days you reduce / repolish and prime advert or site position to attract buyers. If after this no sale, you then remove, revalet and bring out marked up at full ask (or more) with the intention of catching the eye of a buyer. At this point dealer is very receptive to a deal as next step is auction house and potentially no profit at all

regards,