PDA

View Full Version : Anybody thinking of selling their NSX

AR
14-01-2011, 01:19 AM
I was talking to a friend here about my spare engine plans if I kept the NSX. He said he would not do it after I mentioned the ballpark figure for it. Thinking about it it makes sense not to do it, after all the car is fairly quick, to put it in his words after a short trip, "it pulls like a train". Other have said as much, yet I am at a that point where I just find myself looking at my dream car and thinking that I would rather have that than my car. I know a few have made that mistake before, and I am on my 3rd NSX so I should know, but still I can't help but to want that other car. So I am just waiting for a member who will have a look at the car in the near future and if we agree on £ it will be gone. If not I should be taking detailed pictures in sunny weather ( no rush ) and putting it up.

Cheers,

AR

jaytip
15-01-2011, 07:32 PM
So what is the dream car Ary?

TheSebringOne
16-01-2011, 12:46 AM
I was going to ask too! Probably at least a V8?

Think we attempted to get this info last year, but he played cool.

PeteM
16-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Well my bet would be it's more expensive to run and unreliable compared to the NSX, but then when has common sense ever ruled the heart !

AR
18-01-2011, 01:46 PM
No mistery guys, it is either a 550 Maranello or 575M, but with rumors of a new Honda Sports Car in the next few years..., is just a car that I have liked for the last 15 years or so.

Dragonlady
18-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Just scratch that itch and get one. If you never try one you'll regret it.

havoc
18-01-2011, 07:07 PM
I can understand that particular itch...probably the best-looking recent Ferraris and with an awesome V12 as well. Would be my choice from the 'affordable' Ferraris...

WhyOne?
18-01-2011, 09:39 PM
If it is something you want to do and are able to do it.

If you don't you'll regret it.

Sudesh
18-01-2011, 09:59 PM
No mistery guys, it is either a 550 Maranello or 575M, but with rumors of a new Honda Sports Car in the next few years..., is just a car that I have liked for the last 15 years or so.

Beautiful big car in my opinion, drove a 550 a few years ago and really liked it. Completely different car obviously to the NSX as personally, the 550/575 are really a glorified luxury coupe, but its done with taste.

They can be picked up for reasonable money now, but to be honest if I was going for something along those lines today, it would be this:

Would have to be the "S" model or MC handling pack

http://mycarblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/112_0808_06z+2008_maserati_GranTurismo_s+rear_thre e_quarters_view.jpg

AR
18-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Great cars Sudesh but I wonder if they will follow the other Maserati's steep depreciation, plus I always wanted a Ferrari V12.

Marky
18-01-2011, 11:47 PM
The NA2 NSX is better to drive than nearly every Ferrari, apart from the 430 Scuderia and the 458 Italia. Saying that, one of the best looking Ferrari's in my opinion was the 512 TR and that has a nice 12cy engine. There are a few nice ones for sale and I also doubt they will depreciate. I would buy one if they had power steering (essential for me due to bad neck). Check this one out: http://pistonheads.com/sales/2361247.htm

Silver Surfer
19-01-2011, 10:34 PM
The 512TR is pretty much a revamped Testerrosa...The rear end is just too big...I prefer the smaller 348 over it albeit only a V8.
I agree with Ary's passion for the 575...here's one which looks the biz...and cheaper than the 512TR.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1835380.htm

SS

Sudesh
19-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Really on the fence on that Mark!

First, I really dont believe the different in NA1 and NA2 NSX to be that different thats its hugely noticeable. Personally I think to see anything and really not that much, you need to be tracking the cars. Maybe I'm wrong but I've driven them all apart from NSX-R's and Type-s etc, and the best car for me is NA1 without EPS/PS

Agree that 430 scud and without doubt 458 is in a different league, but so is price and technology! NSX even in last production was still based on a 90's car so not bad it still holds its own! And I know you also know that from the emails lol

As for Ferrari looks, best for me is the 355, or GTO

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/10/26/18/06/1985_ferrari_288_gto-pic-65213.jpeg

The NA2 NSX is better to drive than nearly every Ferrari, apart from the 430 Scuderia and the 458 Italia. Saying that, one of the best looking Ferrari's in my opinion was the 512 TR and that has a nice 12cy engine. There are a few nice ones for sale and I also doubt they will depreciate. I would buy one if they had power steering (essential for me due to bad neck). Check this one out: http://pistonheads.com/sales/2361247.htm

AR
20-01-2011, 08:26 AM

Marky,

I would add that a Supercharged NSX is faster than any NA2. :)

Car feelings are very subjective, I love the way my SC MSX looks etc but I have always liked classic cars.

The F550 is a great mix of old and new, and is a great handling car by all accounts.

I learned to drive in a 1979 5.0 Mustang coupe at quite a young age LOL and have always love FR cars. ( I know the 550 series is sort of MR )

sutats
20-01-2011, 08:56 AM
The 575M with FH pack is the way to go. It is highly under-appreciated but then again I read the the maintenance costs is quite high even for an F-car.

I'd take that over any present day F-car. It is so choice.

NoelWatson
20-01-2011, 09:31 AM
The 575M with FH pack is the way to go. It is highly under-appreciated but then again I read the the maintenance costs is quite high even for an F-car.

I'd take that over any present day F-car. It is so choice.

I recall that without the handling packs, the 575's handling sucked

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/31382/ferrari_575m_fiorano.html
http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Ferrari-575-Maranello/209417/

"Prone to thunking its nose at the merest hint of an undulation and with a back end so soft that I almost swallowed the leather off the seat base when I turned into my first fast right-hander at Goodwood two years ago, it suffered the ignominy of taking second-to-last place at our Best Handling Cars contest that year."

Rob_Fenn
20-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Vanquish S!

TheSebringOne
20-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Which is the best looking Ferrari? its down to personal taste.

I'm with SS, not sure about the 512TR or 348, but quite like the 355.

As for Ary, I think he should go for it as hes on his third NSX and the 550 is widely acknowledged as a great GT car.

Senninha
21-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Which is the best looking Ferrari? its down to personal taste.

I'm with SS, not sure about the 512TR or 348, but quite like the 355.

As for Ary, I think he should go for it as hes on his third NSX and the 550 is widely acknowledged as a great GT car.

Should you scratch that itch or should it be seen as one of your hero's, in which case is it better not to meet, thereby always believing it is a great car?

My problem with the 550 has always been that it looks like a Supra (especially in Silver).

The Vanquish took my breath away when I first saw it in the Docklands tower. Following Dave Fenns one into Japfest last year reminded my why I love it so much. BUt would I own one??

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2413615.htm

The Maserati is simply gorgeous and probably the one I'd go for as it would delvier a lot of the drving experience of the other two whilst protecting that hero status (but not protect the bank balance!!)

regards, Paul

Rob_Fenn
21-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Have to say, love the Maser and, if i was brave, would have it as my every day car. They sound truly amazing and look fantastic for a car that seats four (how well, i have no idea). The front especially takes my breath away! If you can stretch to the 4.7, even better!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2145737.htm

markc
21-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I remember another former NSX'er went to a 550M. We had a meet at "The Ely" near Blackbush airport and he bought it along. I have a pic but can't work out how to post it on this new site.

I tried a 550M before I bought the NSX. I went to see it in my old 993 (Carrera) and jumping out of the Porsche into the 550 it felt HUGE. I remember the gearchange being quite heavy and the throttle pedal having a looong travel. It was fairly quiet as well but I didn't get to really give it the gun, just short run up the A3 from Cobham to Esher and back.

Nice car though, much nicer than a Vanquish to my eyes and you can have a sensible gearbox), and I think I'd prefer one to a Maserati.

Go for it AR, you only live once :)

Cheers

Mark

m666 edd
21-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I can't comment as I never look into cars out of my price range. I had never really thought about the NSX until I realised I could afford one at a push.

So my car knowledge isn't great above a certain price bracket :-). Come to think of it I don't really look at many cars as I stick with the same ones for so long! Hopefully once I am earning more I'll spend it on more important things like houses! :)

Lankstarr
03-02-2011, 05:23 PM
... and I thought your dream car was a Z06!?

SILVER BULLET
03-02-2011, 07:38 PM
M666 edd,
Tried to pm you but appears that your message folder is full, I will try again when you have had a chance to empty,

Cheers,

Ian

m666 edd
03-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Ah I hadn't noticed with the new forum setup. Sorted now.

AR
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
... and I thought your dream car was a Z06!?

You think my wife will enjoy paying the toll every time we come into Wales. :)