PDA

View Full Version : Type S for sale.....

Silver Surfer
09-02-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2476459.htm

Wide-body so not to all taste.

SS

nobby
09-02-2011, 11:17 PM
yeah this was put up earlier in the week ... i agree with you btw ... bit of a mess on a Type S :(

AR
10-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Not a widebody from here. :)

With about £15K one can turn that into a nice 02 plus R replica.

havoc
10-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Is it REALLY going to fetch £50k+? In that condition?

m666 edd
10-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Wouldn't that be cheap for a genuine type s? You could swap bits with a standard car to return its looks.

Sudesh
10-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Personally I dont think any of the NSX they advertise make it to these shores, its more of a marketing ploy than anything, however I could be wrong.

That car costs in Japan roughly £42,200 depending on exchange rate and discount [if any] With shipping, duties, registration, mot preperation, mot, dvla first reg fee, tax and so forth, it would cost roughly £58k, and thats not making any profit at that! So for that dealer to make any profit he would need to be buying it for less, which from my experience, they arnt overly fond of doing in in Japan, there is a small margin but not thousands cheaper.

That Type-S has 62,000km

havoc
10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Out of interest, how many differences are there between a Type-S and a stock car - I know the -R has a list as long as your arm, but a -S?

- Springs/dampers
- Seats
- Steering wheel

...and???

(I'm asking because at ~2x the price of an ordinary car, wouldn't it be cheaper to modify a stock car to "virtual-S" spec?)

AR
10-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Out of interest, how many differences are there between a Type-S and a stock car - I know the -R has a list as long as your arm, but a -S?

- Springs/dampers
- Seats
- Steering wheel

...and???

Engine cover, shift knob, Wheels, ECU? Blueprinted?

TheSebringOne
10-02-2011, 11:43 PM
What are the wheel sizes 18 front & 19 rear? The disc brakes look puny, especially the fronts.

NZNick
11-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Havoc,

Wheels (pre- 02+), anti-roll bar thickness, cabin rear glass (not double-glazed),mesh engine cover, mesh inserts where front foglights usually are, gear knob, soundproofing (less, lighter), one piece centre console storage box lid, type S badge on rear, lighter battery, and a lighter rear spoiler are all the things additional to your list that I know of.

I'm sure that the price of buying the S seats alone would make converting a standard car to "virtual-S" spec. prohibitive.......

The car on Pistonheads is up for sale in Japan at 6.28Million Yen, a fair bit cheaper (1Million Yen plus) than two other type S cars of the comparable age and mileage that I have seen on the Japanese sites. I'd prefer this one:
http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/nsx/480881/
- unmolested and therefore more expensive, but it has been up for sale for over 12 months, so perhaps the asking price is too high?
Neither car makes much sense in the UK with the exchange rate between the Pound and the Yen as it stands..... four years ago the Yen was only worth 59% of what it is valued at now..... hypothetical for the above cars I know - hindsight is a wonderful invention !!

NSXGB
11-02-2011, 07:40 AM
The car on Pistonheads is up for sale in Japan at 6.28Million Yen, a fair bit cheaper (1Million Yen plus) than two other type S cars of the comparable age and mileage that I have seen on the Japanese sites. I'd prefer this one:
http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/nsx/480881/
- unmolested and therefore more expensive, but it has been up for sale for over 12 months, so perhaps the asking price is too high?
Neither car makes much sense in the UK with the exchange rate between the Pound and the Yen as it stands..... four years ago the Yen was only worth 59% of what it is valued at now..... hypothetical for the above cars I know - hindsight is a wonderful invention !!

That's nice. I like.

WhyOne?
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I agree.

Very, very little wrong with that.

NSX 2000
11-02-2011, 09:34 AM
That's nice. I like.

I agree.

Very, very little wrong with that.

It must be a Sussex thing but are you two blind :eek: can you not see the seat and door insert colour:eek:

I'm no Gok Wan but those colours CLASH! Apart from that I would buy it :laugh: I do like that silver.

NSXGB
11-02-2011, 10:05 AM
I'd put up with it, but you're right, I think the only other colour option for the 'S' seats was a blue insert which would go with the grey paintwork 100 times better IMHO.

It must be a Sussex thing but are you two blind :eek: can you not see the seat and door insert colour:eek:

I'm no Gok Wan but those colours CLASH! Apart from that I would buy it :laugh: I do like that silver.

NZNick
11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
This (http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/nsx/738466/photo/?sid=340&pn=0) one is a type S Zero with the blue seat inserts - I personally would go for Midnight Purple Pearl with the Orange seat inserts !!

Sudesh
11-02-2011, 10:59 PM
This (http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/nsx/738466/photo/?sid=340&pn=0) one is a type S Zero with the blue seat inserts - I personally would go for Midnight Purple Pearl with the Orange seat inserts !!

Thats been for sale for quite some time in Japan! Think I posted pics of that last year.

Rob_Fenn
14-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Shouldn't the Zero have a badge to suit?

I like it, but i certainly wouldn't modify one like that considering it is virtually an R.