PDA

View Full Version : Mad or what?

NSX100
17-02-2011, 01:18 PM
So it is not only the dealers who are assuming some idiot will stumble in off the street and pay their inflated prices for an NSX.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2515321.htm

Note that the car is on a UK plate not Irish. Or maybe he assumes that there is so much money in Ireland these days that some local will be mad enough to pay his silly price.

Senninha
17-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Amy Winehouse moment ....

NSX 2000
17-02-2011, 02:35 PM
I think they got there miles and Euros the wrong way round:laugh:

But the van behind the car in the picture is from Essex :think:

Is this add a scam?

WhyOne?
17-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Well, given he is hoping for €45k for the car, I think he might have gone to just a little more effort with the ad!

Rob_Fenn
17-02-2011, 06:11 PM
I think for a scam to work, it would have to be ridiculously cheap, not ridiculously expensive!

I would hardly call 24,000 miles 'extremely low', but still that is a low average mileage! If its a manual, and as mint as he suggests, then i'd agree its worth a fair whack over a 'normal' 1991/1992 NSX, but not that much...

Nick Graves
17-02-2011, 06:30 PM
it's ,,,,,,,,,,,,248000m. That's about 150 miles. Or a quarter of a million. That's very low, or very high.

Makes the seller look like an idiot and that's not a good way to attract buyers.

Fail.

NSXGB
17-02-2011, 06:47 PM
....super long MOT though :rolleyes:

nobby
17-02-2011, 08:34 PM
really did have a good larf at this ad ... :)

seller comes across as a right tool!

price is ridiculous
the description is pitiful ... complete joke
1 picture - i mean if she is so mint why have we not been blessed with loads of pics?
picture does not appear to be taken in the south, car obviously originates from UK; also no details as to why car is on english reg/plate
price does not reflect state of economy or factor in VRT costs if anyone locally (if car is in Ireland) is keen on car

again the supposed seller has seen recent write ups in the press of late and is really hoping someone is completely gullable to pay such obscene monies!

shocking ... but in an embarrasing way

dear ohh dear ...

Sudesh
17-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Thats the car I told you about a few weeks back!!

really did have a good larf at this ad ... :)

seller comes across as a right tool!

price is ridiculous
the description is pitiful ... complete joke
1 picture - i mean if she is so mint why have we not been blessed with loads of pics?
picture does not appear to be taken in the south, car obviously originates from UK; also no details as to why car is on english reg/plate
price does not reflect state of economy or factor in VRT costs if anyone locally (if car is in Ireland) is keen on car

again the supposed seller has seen recent write ups in the press of late and is really hoping someone is completely gullable to pay such obscene monies!

shocking ... but in an embarrasing way

dear ohh dear ...

Sudesh
17-02-2011, 09:05 PM
So it is not only the dealers who are assuming some idiot will stumble in off the street and pay their inflated prices for an NSX.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2515321.htm

Note that the car is on a UK plate not Irish. Or maybe he assumes that there is so much money in Ireland these days that some local will be mad enough to pay his silly price.

Its on Irish plates now, also people need to understand that here is an additional tax they have to pay in southern ireland called VRT which doesnt have an exact rateable value. Its basically down to the customs to decide the additional tax which is based on condition and miles and extras.

Heres you go: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/NSX/201103200916872/advert?channel=CARS

Sudesh
17-02-2011, 09:07 PM
And the purple T which a UK dealer was selling, that I mentioned a few weeks back was an irish car is back up forsale in the same place:

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/NSX/3.0-02DR/201106201172781/advert?channel=CARS

nobby
17-02-2011, 09:26 PM
yes mate i remember you saying now!

i take it the VRT has been added hence the price?

was not sure if it was added ...

Its on Irish plates now, also people need to understand that here is an additional tax they have to pay in southern ireland called VRT which doesnt have an exact rateable value. Its basically down to the customs to decide the additional tax which is based on condition and miles and extras.

Heres you go: http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/NSX/201103200916872/advert?channel=CARS

Sudesh
17-02-2011, 09:30 PM
yes mate i remember you saying now!

i take it the VRT has been added hence the price?

was not sure if it was added ...

Yes, the car is southern registered, so VRT/Taxes would have been paid. I dont know the exact VRT figure that would have been paid, so hard to say value.

But if you compare it to the 96 Manual Targa that my friend owned that was southern registered that we were going to see, its still expensive! Or maybe his was WAY too cheap lol

nobby
17-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Jeez, remember that day ... both our hearts were ripped out! :(

that was a VERY good deal back then ... this is just laughable in comparison

Yes, the car is southern registered, so VRT/Taxes would have been paid. I dont know the exact VRT figure that would have been paid, so hard to say value.

But if you compare it to the 96 Manual Targa that my friend owned that was southern registered that we were going to see, its still expensive! Or maybe his was WAY too cheap lol

Sudesh
17-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Jeez, remember that day ... both our hearts were ripped out! :(

that was a VERY good deal back then ... this is just laughable in comparison

Yeah when you take in the years and miles plus later spec of the 96 car, its hard to believe!

TheSebringOne
17-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Here you go, theres three for sale in Ireland and the one being discussed is one of them.

Prices must be higher everywhere else in Euro land apart from the mainland UK!

May be we should be exporting!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/results?searchsource=finder&nParam=4294817947&channel=CARS&cacheBuster=1297985272078735

nobby
18-02-2011, 10:56 PM
link stole from the Wanted section. The Red NSX for sale has a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT-9Ob89H0M

why are there a series of lights omitted on the dashboard when the car is being driven?

most of lights are red ones

Here you go, theres three for sale in Ireland and the one being discussed is one of them.

Prices must be higher everywhere else in Euro land apart from the mainland UK!

May be we should be exporting!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/results?searchsource=finder&nParam=4294817947&channel=CARS&cacheBuster=1297985272078735

havoc
18-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I hope I'm wrong but the bottom light looked like the oil-pressure light. Which surely is one of those "oh my god I've killed the car" lights, not something to keep driving through?!?

Sudesh
18-02-2011, 11:43 PM
A little hard to gauge, but very bottom light I would put as rear hatch open light or rear lamp bulb failure.

The next up looks like hand brake on, then above that is ALB for that year of car and beside that would be TCS.

monduk
22-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Its always the same the housing booms & busts , with over inflation , then the classic cars boom(sort of ) & bust !! by next summer they will drop dramatically. So dont rush for an e type, or gull wing benz hahahaha. I love the SL, i know of 7 that have been for sale for 2-5 years :laugh: with silly tags . I never worked out the reasoning ! But i know of 3 of them that are 30% + off the asking price for ££££'s in the hand ;) Lets face it who spends £15k on a car to be laid up in a garage !! We havent the weather & with fuel prices as they are, a 65mpg diesel hatch will get there as quick, without the worry of a scrape .

Nick Graves
22-02-2011, 05:58 PM
I've been stating something similar for quite a while.

Except the bit about the Diesel hatchback. Wash yer mouth out!

I've got a Jizz in the drive right now and the sense of occasion when driving is somewhat absent.